You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 09, 2016, 03:25:47 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: WH40000 - what's your opinion?  (Read 53535 times)

Offline HairyHeretic

• Lei varai barbu - The true bearded one
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • And the Scorpion said "Little frog .. I can swim."
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: WH40000 - what's your opinion?
« Reply #975 on: January 28, 2015, 08:16:35 AM »
Any multipart kit, particularly the ones that can be assembled into different variants will come with a sheet of instructions.

Offline BeorningTopic starter

« Reply #976 on: January 28, 2015, 12:25:12 PM »
Well, my penitent engine came with no instructions. That's why I was worried...

Offline Hemingway

« Reply #977 on: January 28, 2015, 03:36:19 PM »
Neither did my GK Dreadknight. >_>;

Offline CountessJess

« Reply #978 on: January 28, 2015, 04:18:29 PM »
Neither did my Exorcist...and gosh, that Dreadknight looks silly.

Online TheGlyphstone

« Reply #979 on: January 28, 2015, 04:19:52 PM »
Neither did my Exorcist...and gosh, that Dreadknight looks silly.

Yo Dawg, we heard you like power armor. So we made some power armor for your power armor...

Offline Hemingway

« Reply #980 on: January 28, 2015, 04:20:06 PM »
.. Because it's a man inside a suit inside a suit?

At least it's not a Centurion!

Offline CountessJess

« Reply #981 on: January 28, 2015, 04:22:10 PM »
That's like saying Auschwitz was pretty good until you got to the showers.

Offline Hemingway

« Reply #982 on: January 28, 2015, 04:24:30 PM »
I ... nope!

Online TheGlyphstone

« Reply #983 on: January 28, 2015, 04:25:39 PM »
...wut.

Online Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #984 on: January 28, 2015, 06:34:59 PM »
.. Because it's a man inside a suit inside a suit?

At least it's not a Centurion!

Not gonna lie.  My first thought was this Centurion.

Offline HairyHeretic

• Knight
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #985 on: January 29, 2015, 05:13:07 AM »
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/SEVATAR.html

Just in case anyone is planning to buy me something for my birthday :P

In all seriousness, lovely model, but that price .. yeesh. I could do without the big scenic base, I want him for my Chaos Lord, and that base is probably doubling the models price.

Not 100% sure about the chainglaive either. The bladed attachments detract from it I think.

Offline Wajin

« Reply #986 on: January 29, 2015, 06:38:49 AM »
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/SEVATAR.html

Just in case anyone is planning to buy me something for my birthday :P

In all seriousness, lovely model, but that price .. yeesh. I could do without the big scenic base, I want him for my Chaos Lord, and that base is probably doubling the models price.

Not 100% sure about the chainglaive either. The bladed attachments detract from it I think.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/KONRAD_CURZE_PRIMARCH_OF_THE_NIGHT_LORDS.html

My hubby is making a Night Lords army just so we can battle it out HH style :D

Offline HairyHeretic

• Knight
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #987 on: January 29, 2015, 07:12:30 AM »
Cool. I think the third Horus Heresy book has campaign rules for post-Istvaan battles.

Offline Ironwolf85

• Eletronic Scribe of naughty things.
  • Lord
  • Enchanter
  • Here to have fun, Role play, and maybe get laid
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #988 on: January 29, 2015, 10:14:08 AM »
Gorkamorka and Necromunda, I love these settings... this little robot sheep still can't afford the minis.

Offline Wajin

« Reply #989 on: January 29, 2015, 10:36:05 AM »
Just for fun, who is everyone's favourite primarch or racially significant character?

kinda obviously for me, it's Vulkan, Primach of the Salamanders. He was kind, calm, tried his best to spare the native populations of the planets he thought upon. It was even said during his life by his brothers that out of all of them, the one who would most easily adapt to peace time and would enjoy it the most.

Online TheGlyphstone

« Reply #990 on: January 29, 2015, 12:33:04 PM »
Vulkan is best Primarch, and Salamanders are best Marines.

Offline CountessJess

« Reply #991 on: January 29, 2015, 12:38:41 PM »
Roboute Guilliman is the best Primarch, and the Ultramarines are the best Marines.

Offline Wajin

« Reply #992 on: January 29, 2015, 12:40:21 PM »
"Ours is a violent calling, but as adherents of the Promethean Creed we believe in the Circle of Fire. None can come back as they once were, but in death we are returned to the ash from whence we came to be born anew, our blood and bone bonded with the earth. Through fire are our remains made protean, through fire and the reunion with earth do we experience rebirth. After death, after our duty is ended, we give ourselves to these elements and in so doing become a part of them. This is the nature of the Circle of Fire." - Vulkan

Offline CountessJess

« Reply #993 on: January 29, 2015, 12:45:40 PM »
'Chapters [not descended from Guilliman's geneseed] are disciples who owe their genetic inheritance to another Primarch, but follow the Codex Astartes as keenly as their divergent heritage allows. While primarily composed of successor Chapters, this group also includes several Chapters of the First Founding - notably the Imperial Fists, White Scars and the Raven Guard. These chapters can never be Ultramarines, for their gene-seed is not that of Roboute Guilliman. Nevertheless, they will ever aspire to the standards and teachings of the great Primarch...

[Chapters who do not emulate the Ultramarines] are aberrants; chapters who, through quirk of gene-seed, mutation or stubbornness, eschew the Codex Astartes in favor of other structural and combat doctrines. Some, such as the Blood Angels and their successors, strive to be worthy of Guilliman's legacy, but their recalcitrant gene-seed drives them ever further from it. Others, such as the Space Wolves and the Black Templars, remain stubbornly independent, looking to their own founder's ways of war and caring little of how they fare in the eyes of others. These aberrant Chapters were always few in number and their presence diminishes with each passing decade, for their gene-seed is no longer the source of fresh Chapters.'

- Codex Space Marines, 5th Edition, p.25

Online TheGlyphstone

« Reply #994 on: January 29, 2015, 12:49:46 PM »
Pffft, silly Rowboat Girlyman. Big pansy can't even die properly, gets put up as an Ultrasmurf tourist attraction instead.

Offline CountessJess

« Reply #995 on: January 29, 2015, 12:50:53 PM »
Pffft, silly Rowboat Girlyman. Big pansy can't even die properly, gets put up as an Ultrasmurf tourist attraction instead.

You're just jealous because you know that nomatter how hard the Salamanders try, they will never be as good as the Ultramarines.

Offline Wajin

« Reply #996 on: January 29, 2015, 01:02:46 PM »
'Chapters [not descended from Guilliman's geneseed] are disciples who owe their genetic inheritance to another Primarch, but follow the Codex Astartes as keenly as their divergent heritage allows. While primarily composed of successor Chapters, this group also includes several Chapters of the First Founding - notably the Imperial Fists, White Scars and the Raven Guard. These chapters can never be Ultramarines, for their gene-seed is not that of Roboute Guilliman. Nevertheless, they will ever aspire to the standards and teachings of the great Primarch...

[Chapters who do not emulate the Ultramarines] are aberrants; chapters who, through quirk of gene-seed, mutation or stubbornness, eschew the Codex Astartes in favor of other structural and combat doctrines. Some, such as the Blood Angels and their successors, strive to be worthy of Guilliman's legacy, but their recalcitrant gene-seed drives them ever further from it. Others, such as the Space Wolves and the Black Templars, remain stubbornly independent, looking to their own founder's ways of war and caring little of how they fare in the eyes of others. These aberrant Chapters were always few in number and their presence diminishes with each passing decade, for their gene-seed is no longer the source of fresh Chapters.'

- Codex Space Marines, 5th Edition, p.25

Notice how nobody ever seems to piss on the Salamanders because everyone in the Galaxy know that out of all the Space Marines, if you walk with a Salamander, he will protect you as eagerly as fully as he will protect his own battle brothers. The Salamanders are all literally family, as the chapter only recruits from Nocturne, each company accepts only recruits from a certain clan. This causes the feeling of brotherhood shared among marines of the chapter to be that much stronger than other chapters.

Online TheGlyphstone

« Reply #997 on: January 29, 2015, 01:07:47 PM »
And they go back to live with their mortal relatives between campaigns. The Ultrasmurfs try hard, but note that they still are governors of worlds and cities in their personal private subsector kingdom. The Emperor designed the Astartes to be humanity's guardians, protectors, and warriors, not to be their overlords or their replacements. The Salamanders are the only chapter who has not forgotten this.

Offline Wajin

« Reply #998 on: January 29, 2015, 01:16:01 PM »
And they go back to live with their mortal relatives between campaigns. The Ultrasmurfs try hard, but note that they still are governors of worlds and cities in their personal private subsector kingdom. The Emperor designed the Astartes to be humanity's guardians, protectors, and warriors, not to be their overlords or their replacements. The Salamanders are the only chapter who has not forgotten this.

Bjorn said something fantastic too "God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."

Offline BeorningTopic starter

« Reply #999 on: January 29, 2015, 05:08:41 PM »
So, what's this fuss about Ultramarines? Are they somehow special? I thought that all Space Marine chapters were equal...