You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 07, 2016, 08:15:15 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: WH40000 - what's your opinion?  (Read 53337 times)

Online Doomsday

Re: WH40000 - what's your opinion?
« Reply #1850 on: August 04, 2016, 09:43:34 PM »
Played my Skitarii friend tonight and now I'm really, REALLY tempted to ally my SW with some combo of Skitarii or Cult Mechanicus. She was shredding me in the shooting phase with those Canticles.

Offline Wajin

« Reply #1851 on: August 05, 2016, 02:34:08 PM »
Played my Skitarii friend tonight and now I'm really, REALLY tempted to ally my SW with some combo of Skitarii or Cult Mechanicus. She was shredding me in the shooting phase with those Canticles.

^ Literally this but with my Salamanders instead of Space Wolves, and my Tau getting fucked by bad dice

Offline HairyHeretic

• Lei varai barbu - The true bearded one
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • And the Scorpion said "Little frog .. I can swim."
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #1852 on: August 06, 2016, 06:55:33 AM »
So, anyone been looking at the new Deathwatch stuff that's coming? I've seen a few preview pics, and one piece of text I found quite interesting, regarding the Deathwatch Blackshields. It all but says they could include 'time lost' loyalists from the Heresy era Traitor Legions, which I must admit appeals to me. If they turn out to be relatively cheap to build, I may just start an army of Blackshields.

Offline Warlock

« Reply #1853 on: August 08, 2016, 07:31:21 PM »
Missing Broodlord-kun.

Offline BeorningTopic starter

« Reply #1854 on: August 11, 2016, 12:04:36 PM »
You know, I have a small lore-related question...

I know that in the WH40K-verse, if you kill a daemon in the realspace, it just reintegrates in the Warp. Soooo... what happens if you kill a daemon in the Warp? Is it dead, or just disperses, too?

Offline TheGlyphstone

« Reply #1855 on: August 11, 2016, 12:09:03 PM »
Datum entry invalid - no one's ever managed to kill a demon in the warp, or for that matter survive for more than a few seconds unprotected in the Warp. Also, Kaldor Draigo doesn't exist.

Offline CountessJess

« Reply #1856 on: August 11, 2016, 12:23:27 PM »
What are you talking about, of course Kaldor Draigo exists, and he's the bestest ever. He killed a bloodthirster in the warp and used his weapon to make a new super cool sword that didn't taint him because he was so pure. Then he burned down Nurgle's garden, killed a bunch of daemonettes in Slaanesh's home, and locked up a Lord of Change in Tzeentch's Maze. And he did all this in the Realm of Chaos and remained pure because he's a loyal servant of the Emperor. Also now all the daemons are scared of him and don't dare fight him.

But to answer your question, if you kill a daemon in the warp they also just get respawned. They are mostly manifestations of the will of the Chaos Gods, after all. You can't kill the will of the Chaos Gods.

Offline TheGlyphstone

« Reply #1857 on: August 11, 2016, 12:42:32 PM »

But to answer your question, if you kill a daemon in the warp they also just get respawned. They are mostly manifestations of the will of the Chaos Gods, after all. You can't kill the will of the Chaos Gods.

Well, except that you can kill demons in realspace with certain specific psychic abilities, like Holocaust.

« Reply #1858 on: August 11, 2016, 12:50:56 PM »
Well, except that you can kill demons in realspace with certain specific psychic abilities, like Holocaust.

And they don't respawn in the Warp?

Offline TheGlyphstone

« Reply #1859 on: August 11, 2016, 01:14:34 PM »
Nope. A demon destroyed with Holocaust is permanently erased from existence.

Offline Egoiste!

« Reply #1860 on: August 11, 2016, 02:23:07 PM »
Nope. A demon destroyed with Holocaust is permanently erased from existence.

Even this should be a fairly meaningless gesture.

Offline TheGlyphstone

« Reply #1861 on: August 11, 2016, 02:37:08 PM »
Even this should be a fairly meaningless gesture.

Well, they can be replaced, but that specific demon is gone forever. Bit like saying killing a human is a meaningless gesture, because a new human can be born somewhere in the world.

Offline Egoiste!

« Reply #1862 on: August 11, 2016, 07:26:44 PM »
Bit like saying killing a human is a meaningless gesture, because a new human can be born somewhere in the world.

It's a fairly loose analogy. The thing is Daemons are created by a simple act of will, and the power to do so is provided by the prevailing psychic/emotional forces extant in normal reality. As long as these forces remain stable the number of daemons will always be more or less the same.

The only big exceptions I can think of, where squating a Daemon would have a real effect, are daemons who are powerful and charismatic enough to be almost Gods themselves, like the primarch daemon princes in 40k, or to a lesser extent those actively corrupting, controlling cults, etc. and primarily because of ttheir ability to gather followers and the effect they have on them. The worship of the least human is more important to a Chaos god than the life of almost any daemon. Unless the lore has changed a lot!

Online Doomsday

« Reply #1863 on: August 11, 2016, 10:57:48 PM »
Played my Tau friend in a 'friendly skirmish' that happened to include a cheesy-ass Riptide wing. I think I'm done with 'friendly skirmishes' for a while.

Offline Kia

« Reply #1864 on: August 13, 2016, 02:15:20 PM »
I've read a few of the books in the 40k verse, and a friend likes to tell me about his tabletop conquests. The most fascinating thing I like about the book series is the good guy doesn't always win. They don't even make a great and heroic comeback at the end of the book. If you delve deeper, in some books it's hard to tell who the 'good guys' are! Also, you could follow a character off and on through the book ...and have them die in a most gruesome and anonymous manner. Such is war.  It is so contrary to the traditional hero epic, that it definitely left a lasting impression.

Offline Egoiste!

« Reply #1865 on: August 13, 2016, 02:57:58 PM »

The first 40k novel I ever read was Eye of Terror, and it's actually still my favourite. The stuff with the Imperial Navy is OK, the Space Marine stuff is OK, but the stuff with the idiot trader who is too dumb to be afraid of going into the Eye of Terror to find interesting trade goods? Love it.

Online Lustful Bride

• "Logic is for Squares."
  • Lady
  • Enchanter
  • This is some personal text. There are many like it, but this one is mine!
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #1866 on: August 28, 2016, 01:53:17 PM »
So the Fan Film "The Lord Inquisitor" looks better than anything GW has put out in a while.

Perhaps there is a light in the Grim Dark future, for hope.

Lip Syncing is abit off but otherwise..damn this is amazing.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 01:55:41 PM by Lustful Bride »

Offline HairyHeretic

• Knight
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #1867 on: August 28, 2016, 02:02:30 PM »
I was just about to post that myself :)

This is what a 40k film should be.

Offline TheGlyphstone

« Reply #1868 on: August 28, 2016, 04:21:18 PM »
Freaking awesome.

« Reply #1869 on: August 28, 2016, 05:03:33 PM »
Oh wow...

Offline AngelsSonata

« Reply #1870 on: August 31, 2016, 03:08:27 PM »
Random thought, but has anyone played a game of Warhammer 40K with Kill Team rules before?

Offline Egoiste!

« Reply #1871 on: August 31, 2016, 10:36:25 PM »
Wow that trailer is awesome, almost as awesome as
This
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 08:29:32 AM by Egoiste! »

Offline HairyHeretic

• Knight
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #1872 on: September 01, 2016, 02:46:49 AM »
Random thought, but has anyone played a game of Warhammer 40K with Kill Team rules before?

GWs old rules or the Heralds of Ruin version? And do you mean a full sized game of 40k with the additional rules?

Offline TheLaughingOne

« Reply #1873 on: September 01, 2016, 06:24:34 AM »
Heh, im into modeling, and with count, i have some 80+ marines, 2 rhinos, imperial knight, bunch of guard storm troopers, and squad of sister of battle celestines. Working on making my own space marine chapter..

Offline TheLaughingOne

« Reply #1874 on: September 01, 2016, 06:25:54 AM »
Also recently played in a  only war warhammer game over roll20, playing operator who doubled as techy guy:3 was fun, but had to take a break due to rl stuff.