A House Divided (FxF Civil War Theme)

Started by BeckyAnnn, August 08, 2014, 10:50:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeckyAnnn

Okay I am going to throw this out there and see what happens. Started this with someone before but as there has been no activity on the story in nearly a year and the other writer seems to have dropped off the face of the Earth (or off E anyway) I have decided to try it again.

As the title says, the story is set in the civil war.  An extensive knowledge of the civil war is not required.  One must only be aware that it happened.  Also, I am not interested in getting into the politics of the period.  Just the story.

I am not going to go into too much detail here but here are the basics...

My character is a 19-20 year old widow, living alone on the farm she and her husband worked together until he went off to war, never to return.  There are crops in the field and animals to be tended and the young widow is doing her best to keep the farm running on her own.  Oh, and did I mention?  She is four months pregnant. The war seems far removed from where the widow struggles to maintain the farm until one day she finds a battle raging just two hundred yards or so from her door step.

Your character is a wounded Union soldier who either hides and is discovered in the widow's barn or comes crashing through her door seeking shelter.  Your character also has a secret.  He's a she.

If you are interested please contact me via PM.