You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 11, 2016, 12:23:26 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Shadowrun 5e, Interest Check, GM Wanted  (Read 643 times)

Offline Latooni SubotaTopic starter

Shadowrun 5e, Interest Check, GM Wanted
« on: July 28, 2014, 08:17:55 PM »
Hey, it's a hell of a longshot, but why not try on Elliquiy? Been hunting around for a GM for a small group game of Shadowrun 5th edition for a while now and have had no luck, so it would be super cool if I could find a GM. I've got a Decker/Face I've been workin' on for a while who needs a home.

As for details-
Small group: Definately want to keep it to four players maximum, and I MIGHT have someone considering trying to join this with me as a player, so there wouldn't be much room.
Setting: I love Seattle. Call me old school, but it's been my preferred location since the SNES days. Totally willing to at least talk about alternate settings though.
Rating: Probably keep it out of Extreme, and not focus TOO heavily on the smutty goodness. Don't get me wrong, having a shadowrunner hub/base of operations hidden in a brothel/nightclub is the BEST thing ever, I just like plot with my canoodling. :3

So, any GM takers? Please? q.q

Offline AndyZ

Re: Shadowrun 5e, Interest Check, GM Wanted
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 01:21:49 AM »
I'd love to jump in as a player, but don't think I'd do too well as a GM.  Games I run tend to die.

Offline Muse

• Bibliopheliac -- Luna's Arcangel -- PiP's Sidhe Lord -- Karasu's Heartthrob -- Tyloka's Dragon -- Mistress Voluptuouss's Hand Bra -- Making Allanger Welcome at her Destination
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 02:07:53 AM »
*pounce* 

I'd really love to play too! 

I just hope you can find a GM.  It's a tricksy game! 

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 12:08:02 PM »
Nobody ever wants to run Shadowrun, let alone SR5. It's a sad sad thing.

Offline Sinestra

• Fiery Unique Captive Kajira. Malevolent Evil.
  • Lady
  • Enchanted
  • "...Scaroused is the word you're looking for."
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 08:41:35 PM »
I could, or would, but well... last time I did I disappointed a lot of people when I had to go save my marriage and pretty much leave most things behind.

Offline AndyZ

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2014, 08:57:26 PM »
I'd love to play under Sinestra again ^_^

Offline Jaded

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2014, 10:14:01 PM »
I'd be interested, but wouldn't want to GM. 

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2014, 10:19:15 PM »
Sinestra, that's called real life. It's never a problem to have to leave for something big like that, we're all cool people! Well, me and Muse are at least. I've confirmed that first-hand~ :3

Offline Sinestra

• Lady
  • Enchanted
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2014, 12:05:16 AM »
Well, my previous game was:

Cast - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=184495.0
IC - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=184489.0
OOC - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=182147.0

I could reboot it, if that's something people would be interested in.

Offline AndyZ

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2014, 12:06:24 AM »
Tempting, though that was 4e and I think this is more for 5e. 

Really, I'd be up for that as well, though.  Kaze was an interesting character.

Offline ShadowFox89

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2014, 12:36:16 AM »
I would be interested in playing. Not sure what exactly to make at this moment....

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2014, 01:00:22 AM »
I'd definately prefer 5e. Half the reason I'm looking for an rp is to get practice with the new version of the system. Also, definately not more than 4 players. Cuz I hate games bigger than that, but that's just my personal issues :3

Offline Sinestra

• Lady
  • Enchanted
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2014, 01:16:57 AM »
Well. Pausing the "Interest" thread right here... we've got 5 runners and myself. Would 5 be an acceptable number of people for everyone?

And yes, I would change it to be 5th edition. Lol. :)

I'd actually kind of prefer it I think. Last game people got kind of crazy in places. Not saying names or anything, but you guys got crazy in places. Lol.

If the story is still to everyone's liking of course. Or would you prefer something different than what was shaping up before?

Offline AndyZ

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2014, 01:19:57 AM »
I might go for the mage if that's okay.

Offline Sinestra

• Lady
  • Enchanted
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2014, 01:23:03 AM »
I don't see why a mage would be bad to have along.

Edit: Also, to be clear, current list of "First Come First Serve" is:

AndyZ
Muse
Latooni Subota
Jaded
Shadowfox89
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 01:25:20 AM by Sinestra »

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2014, 01:35:38 AM »
Can you give me a tl;dr on how the story was going? I'm in dire need of sleep right now. Also, I suppose I can give five PCs a shot. :x

Edit: EHRMAHGERD I SEE YOU ALLIE! :3

Offline Sinestra

• Lady
  • Enchanted
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2014, 02:07:10 AM »
TLDR version:

In SR there's Shadowrun Films. All romanticized and all that (think Pirates vs Disney's Pirates movies), but the people behind them are either runners or advised/consulted by runners, in some cases no runners involved but those films aren't really blockbusters.

The biggest (and the one often talked about in SR books) of all of these films is the "Sukie Redflower" series of films. 8 films in total, with 1 on the way, it stars a white-hot elven mage named Sukie Redflower who's constant struggle against (fictional) corporations has brought down countless criminals big and small. While never outright confirmed, it's always been rumored that Sukie was a runner before starting her series of films, or that she still runs till this day.

The runners, unexpectedly and without warning, are given a job offer with the only instructions to meet at the space needle for a meeting at nightime, dress code in effect, and that the runner owes their Fixer (or whoever got them the job) "BIG". They show up to the space needle to find out they've been Surprise invited to the "Hollywood Premiere" of the 9th Sukie film, "One Last Run". Media buzz is intense about the film, rumors persisting from leaked documents and from the massive star presence in the movie, that this will be Sukie's last film, so cameras are everywhere and the runners must either sneak in, or, use the official invitation that arrives in their commlinks 1 hour before the party begins, to walk the red carpet infront of cameras and screaming hordes of fans.

Once they do get inside they meet the "Johnson" who is none other than the man behind the entire franchise, revealing himself to the runners in the hopes that his frankness will push home his point. Sukie is very much a runner, there is a 10th and final film, and Sukie would like to do 1 last shadowrun before they wrap filming on the 10th and final movie, but things are complicated by a mysterious message the Johnson received from the self professed "Greatest Fan" of Sukie's, which included 8 pictures each from a different Shadowrun that Sukie had engaged in to prepare for her previous movies, showing her killing people, blowing up billions of nuyen in equipment, buildings, you name it. There is no offer of bribe, hush money etc. It just says that he "...is her One. Last. Run." mimicing the title of the movie.

The Johnson and CEO of the company is taking it as a threat on Sukie's life, but he won't allow her mental state to be compromised by this "Fan" (of whom all efforts to trace prove futile), so he hires the runners to be Sukie's team for her "goodbye run", as she intends to hang up her guns after the final movie. The run they take her on isn't filmed, it's just an outlet for Sukie's otherwise rampaging passions and destructive impulses, allowing her to channel her emotions and acting talent into the real film they're going to be shooting in the next month.

The group must keep the stalking "Greatest Fan" a secret from Sukie as they find someway to take her on a final shadowrun, keep her alive and relatively unharmed, while hopefully flushing out and removing the "Fan" from being a threat to the simsense star and the production as a whole.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 08:05:39 AM by Sinestra »

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2014, 11:33:05 AM »
That's a pretty interesting oneshot plot, I have to admit.

Offline Sinestra

• Lady
  • Enchanted
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2014, 12:13:56 PM »
Who says it's a 1 shot? *evil grin*

I mean, depending on the players actions, any number of things could happen. Do the PCs leverage their positions and turn into Shadowrun Celebrities? Do they solve the big mystery and uncover something more? Maybe Sukie falls for a PC and an avalanche of baggage comes out?

Or maybe the PCs just take their money and spend a year in the Bahamas sipping fruity drinks and getting massages. Entirely possible too.

The characters will be starting off as, we'll call it, "Mid Level". You'll get a collection of karma to buff yourselves after initial generation, have a higher availability to purchase from etc.

But I guess I'll need to hear from the rest of the 'marked' players if this is something they want.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 12:17:07 PM by Sinestra »

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2014, 12:25:11 PM »
Good point, good point. It just seems like only one run, not a series of runs, that's why I called it a oneshot. Shoulda known better.

Offline AndyZ

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2014, 01:20:47 PM »
It could be best to do a fresh restart, or we could begin from there, knowing the basics of the mission already and such.  Whatever works.

Offline Sinestra

• Lady
  • Enchanted
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2014, 01:22:39 PM »
Well, I would restart it so that everyone heads to the space needle etc.

Offline AndyZ

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2014, 01:24:13 PM »
Okie dokie.  Having seen attempts to swap characters from 4e to 5e, I do recommend making new stuff instead of trying to convert, but I think we're all on board with that anyway.

Offline Sinestra

• Lady
  • Enchanted
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2014, 01:42:34 PM »
That's 2 people so far for being ok with the plot (with all new characters and a restart). Other 3? :)

Offline AndyZ

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2014, 02:11:53 PM »
The characters will be starting off as, we'll call it, "Mid Level". You'll get a collection of karma to buff yourselves after initial generation, have a higher availability to purchase from etc.

One of the things I read from the SR5 book back in the day which reminded me of your game was the High Life suggestion on pages 350-351 of the core.  It may not fit with your plans at all, but it might be worth a peek.