You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
October 25, 2016, 12:06:46 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: SafeRoadMaps  (Read 772 times)

Offline Spookie MonsterTopic starter

« on: September 15, 2008, 05:33:59 AM »
The people who run SafeRoadMaps say it better than I can, so:

This website is a ground-breaking tool that combines information from the Fatality Analysis Reporting System with Google Maps to give you a visual representation of traffic safety across the entire nation.  With this system, you can enter an address and view the roads that have the highest number of traffic fatalities in a specified area.  You can also view dynamically generated maps that show how public policy has been implemented to improve transportation safety by region.  Our hope is that this site brings both increased safety and awareness to transportation policy makers and private citizens.

It appears as though they're still compiling data, but I sense that as time goes on the website will become more and more comprehensive.  Maybe you'll find it theoretical; maybe you'll find it practical.  Maybe you'll find it worthwhile; maybe you'll find it worthless.  Whatever the case, please drive safely! :)

Offline Storiwyr

Re: SafeRoadMaps
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 07:56:00 PM »
Wow. That's really cool!

How interesting.

Though I found an accident I think may have been recorded falsely. Five people in the car ... two of whom were 99 year old women, both survived while a 23 year old male was killed.

Offline Spookie MonsterTopic starter

Re: SafeRoadMaps
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 07:17:18 AM »
Nice catch, Storiwyr!  That's peculiar indeed.  If you haven't dropped the people who run the site an e-mail about it, I encourage you to do so!

Thanks for the reply! :)