Iím a warrior seeking peace and an end to bloodshed. Iím on pilgrimage to the Temple to No Gods in the distant City of Gulls. My pilgrimage has brought me to the Gray Hills, inhabited by monsters who dress in human skins. My goal is to pass safely through and continue my pilgrimage.
You, my friends online, play the world. Your goal is to see me to my doom, instead of safely on my way. Youíre allowed only to directly answer my direct questions, though, so you might not be able to do it.
0. I'll tell you who should answer; if I say anyone should answer, then anyone at all should answer.
1. Only answer my questions.
2. If you donít already know the answer, make something up.
3. Keep your answers short.
4. If your answerís disruptive, Iíll ignore it.
5. Otherwise, I have to go with the first answer somebody gives.
6. If you're gonna participate or just watch, let us know you're here: post no gods watch over you.
I have a long knife under my shirt and a vast and deadly patience. I've been walking through the Gray Hills for days. I'm near the remains of what used to be a farmhouse, in an age past when the Gray Hills were still green. The wood's long since been bleached by the sun, the building's collapsed, but at least it's casting some shade as the sun sets. I'm gathering wood from the ruin to build a fire for the night.
Something warns me of approaching danger. What warns me?
Anyone should answer.
I thought about putting this into the Forum Games area, but that place seems like it's a little less serious than I'd like; this isn't exactly roleplaying, and since it's open to anyone at all to participate, it seemed a general thread was the place to go. There shouldn't be any adult themes so it seemed all right to be in the public area. If this was the wrong place to end up, sorry!