The End War (Demons/Angels/Humans/Nephilim) [Interest Check]

Started by Rave, July 20, 2014, 06:47:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragonslayer

Loves

delightfully so....   and yet another reason I'm looking forward to starting this game.

:)

however, I must bid you all a good night.  Sweet dreams and I hope to talk with you again soon

looking forward to some fun times with you all!

Loves
ON HIATUS AGAIN

Divine Tenacity

Group Games: 0 (pending) | Solo Games: 2  | Post(s) Owed: 2

Check out my Request Thread!

Dragonslayer

Red Stella

Hey Rave!

I'm working on my CS.  Would an active duty military character work, or would that limit their usefulness/availability?

Rave

Quote from: Red Stella on July 31, 2014, 05:45:42 PM
Hey Rave!

I'm working on my CS.  Would an active duty military character work, or would that limit their usefulness/availability?

Nope! That's perceptively the type of characters you would find plenty of in this environment.

Red Stella

Quote from: Rave on July 31, 2014, 05:48:14 PM
Nope! That's perceptively the type of characters you would find plenty of in this environment.

Cool.  Are there still separate services - i.e., navy, army, etc.?  Or is there a big combined anti-whatever group?

Dragonslayer

Saric

So I've just found this and have only read the first page so far, but I have a few (tons) of questions...

First, are you still excepting entries at all?

Second, how close to the Darksiders lore are we sticking? Other then humanity not being dead after all of course...
I ask because the first character sheet I read talked about the fall of the Morningstar and an angel becoming a demon when the two were completely different races made by the Creator at separate places and times in his search for Perfection.

Third, you mention many humans favoring upgraded versions of the weapons of their ancestors, are high tech weapons of the plasma gun variety permitted or should they stick with primary melee weapons and maybe a back up ranged weapon? For that matter would something of the nature of power armor be acceptable as a human counter to the greater strength and durability of the Demons and Angels?

Forth, are half breed characters permitted? What about other Old Ones? Like the Makers for example?

Fifth, you mentioned in an earlier post that only one realm can win with the other two both being wiped out, but in the Lore it was a battle for supremacy between Heaven and Hell that nether could win and Humanity was to be indirectly influenced to become the force that tipped the battle one way or the other. Is that no longer the case? And if so why? Is it a difference in the official plot for this game or more along the lines of Humanity getting wind of the arrangement and deciding not to play along?

Thank you for your time and consideration.
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

Rave

H'okay! I had an unexpected busy weekend so the tiny delay ends tomorrow! I'll be answering questions and putting up the first live IC thread then! Stay tuned!

CurvyKitten

I keep going back and forth with character ideas...I'll try and get something done this week.

Loves

Quote from: Rave on August 04, 2014, 07:38:06 PM
H'okay! I had an unexpected busy weekend so the tiny delay ends tomorrow! I'll be answering questions and putting up the first live IC thread then! Stay tuned!

awesome socks!  I'm ready to go!  :D
ON HIATUS AGAIN

Dragonslayer

Rave

The first IC thread is now up!

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=210615.0

The Battlefield Plains, a desolated area that has become well known for violent clashes between all three factions. More IC threads will go up specific to each realm once more people start coming in, so everyone can get to posting!

Rave

Quote from: Saric on August 03, 2014, 07:10:05 PM
So I've just found this and have only read the first page so far, but I have a few (tons) of questions...

First, are you still excepting entries at all?

Second, how close to the Darksiders lore are we sticking? Other then humanity not being dead after all of course...
I ask because the first character sheet I read talked about the fall of the Morningstar and an angel becoming a demon when the two were completely different races made by the Creator at separate places and times in his search for Perfection.

Third, you mention many humans favoring upgraded versions of the weapons of their ancestors, are high tech weapons of the plasma gun variety permitted or should they stick with primary melee weapons and maybe a back up ranged weapon? For that matter would something of the nature of power armor be acceptable as a human counter to the greater strength and durability of the Demons and Angels?

Forth, are half breed characters permitted? What about other Old Ones? Like the Makers for example?

Fifth, you mentioned in an earlier post that only one realm can win with the other two both being wiped out, but in the Lore it was a battle for supremacy between Heaven and Hell that nether could win and Humanity was to be indirectly influenced to become the force that tipped the battle one way or the other. Is that no longer the case? And if so why? Is it a difference in the official plot for this game or more along the lines of Humanity getting wind of the arrangement and deciding not to play along?

Thank you for your time and consideration.

1- Yes, we are still taking entries.

2- The Lore is fluid here, and the sheet you're talking about is more metaphorical than literal. Said character didn't actually transform into a demon, but abandoned their Angelic stature much like Abbadon in the first game and transformed themselves into an agent of the Hell realm.

3- Angel technology has rubbed off on humans, as such weapons of Plasma are quite common. While I would like to limit 'guns' per say, a staff that emitts a powerful plasma blasts and such is acceptable. The 'guns' are limited to cannons and heavy artillery weapons manufactured to knock down giant demons and buildings. So with a little creativity, you can simulate guns with traditional weapons. Power armor is also a yes.

4- Half Breeds are Nephillim, which are the four horsemen, which are limited to players later on in the game. I'd rather avoid this entirely, and focus characters on the three realms provided. Other races will be NPC'd.

5- This is a fundemental difference between actual game lore and this RP's specific lore. In this game, the 'prophecy' if that's what you want to call it does not include mankind tipping the balance, but becoming powerful enough to fight for dominance much like the other two. So yes, this is a different telling of the End War events.

Loves

Quote from: Rave on August 05, 2014, 06:54:14 PM
The first IC thread is now up!

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=210615.0

The Battlefield Plains, a desolated area that has become well known for violent clashes between all three factions. More IC threads will go up specific to each realm once more people start coming in, so everyone can get to posting!

For Nicky,  I was thinking of having her finish a shift in the triage, like a MASH unit.  Is there a time of day that you would like the game to start?  Also, is there a tag that you would like at the start?
ON HIATUS AGAIN

Rave

I'm putting the tagging header on the first page now~ As for time of day, I won't be specific. This is a war, so any thing could happen at any time. I would just suggest that people keep an eye out for the time tag, so we don't have people in the past talking to people in the future.

Loves

ON HIATUS AGAIN

Dragonslayer

Rave

Quote from: Artorias20 on August 05, 2014, 07:50:47 PM
Just to be clear, the battlefield is on Earth right?

As far as which realm it's on, yes, Mankind's earth realm.

Loves

is there a description you want us to go with for a triage camp? I was working off something like MASH, with tents that can be taken down if they need to move the font line

my thoughts on her post was to have her simply walk out of the area after a long shift and end up god knows where
ON HIATUS AGAIN

Rave

Quote from: Loves on August 05, 2014, 07:54:34 PM
is there a description you want us to go with for a triage camp? I was working off something like MASH, with tents that can be taken down if they need to move the font line

my thoughts on her post was to have her simply walk out of the area after a long shift and end up god knows where

You guys have more creative freedom than you think :P Humans are technologically advanced but still maintain their core values and life style. A camp would look just like one you would have today, with advanced technology and better equipment is all. Probably well guarded because of the War.

Loves

ON HIATUS AGAIN

Rave

Quote from: Rave on August 05, 2014, 07:15:20 PM
I'm putting the tagging header on the first page now~ As for time of day, I won't be specific. This is a war, so any thing could happen at any time. I would just suggest that people keep an eye out for the time tag, so we don't have people in the past talking to people in the future.

Loves

ya I got that for the time, but I wasn't sure if there was a year, month, day that you wanted to start the game at since on the tag is says.... date/time.

ON HIATUS AGAIN