• NAME ⇢ Kenji Umehara
• AGE ⇢ 19
• RANK ⇢ Officially chūnin (C-Rank), but only because he is too lazy to take the test to become jōnin (B-Rank), of which he easily has the strength of.
• AFFILIATION ⇢ Sunagakure
• KEKKEI GENKAI ⇢ N/A
• TAILED BEAST ⇢ N/A
• WEAPON ⇢ Kubikiribōchō of the Seven Ninja Swords of the Mist (Not currently, but eventually a plot point); Standard, Basic Ninja Equipment (Kunai, shuriken, ect) Five Battle Puppets in Summoning Scrolls hidden on various points on his body:
List of Puppets
- Kamakiri (Mantis): Kenji's first puppet, it is humanoid and has a long cloak that covers it's body from view. When the cloak is removed, it is revealed that it is tall and thin with two elongated arms that have two large, retractable scythes. The arms can extend surprisingly fast and far. It's legs are designed to allow for powerful leaping, getting under the foe's guard and slicing them up. The head is spherical-shaped and can unhinge and launch up to three large nets. Should the scythes get badly damaged, they can be thrown at the foe and the regular hands can slip back into place to allow for the wielding of other weapons. Unfortunately, it sacrifices durability for it's astounding speed and agility. Summon Scroll is hidden in right arm sleeve.
- Suzumebachi (Hornet): The second puppet that Kenji acquired, it has many hidden, ranged weapons hidden along it's body. It has a set of wings, designed to easily catch even the slightest breeze and take flight and glide as an aerial threat. It has six limbs and a long, needle-like head. Some of the weapons on this puppet are: Several poisoned dart launchers on it's limbs, Smoke Bombs to either blind or poison foes or even both, Blades that are hidden in the arms, three large, poisoned needles that can be launched from the 'nose' of the puppet, among other things. Without the use of flight, it is rather vulnerable while grounded as it has nowhere near the speed nor agility it had before. Summon Scroll is hidden in left pants leg.
- Osuushi (Bull): The third puppet that Kenji mastered, it solves the frailty weaknesses of the first two by being extremely heavily armored. It is slow, but very powerful, the tallest of the puppets and taller than Kenji at nearly 10 feet tall. It is fire and waterproof except from the most powerful fire and water techniques. It utilizes a heavy, hammer-like fist and a large axe on the wrist of the other arm as it's main offense. It has two huge horns on it's bull-shaped head for ramming opponents. There is a special Chakra-storing device in the waist of the puppet that allows up to three sudden bursts of speed to surprise foes who have gotten used to the initial lack of speed. In dangerous situations, a compartment can open up to allow Kenji to hide safely at the cost of being unable to use any puppets besides Osuushi, leaving any puppets in use vulnerable to being crippled or destroyed. This is not a problem if none were used before hiding inside. It is extremely slow outside the booster and is unarmored on the inside, allowing for ease of destruction should someone somehow get inside it. Summon Scroll is hidden on the small of his back.
- Kani (Crab): About a year after mastering Osuushi, Kenji specially ordered a puppet that could be hidden within the hidden compartment of Osuushi. Thus, Kani was born. It's a rather short puppet, but bulky with a large, pincher-like arm that functions as a crushing, cutting, bludgeoning, and defensive tool. It's right arm has a much smaller pincher that can act like a sword or spear. It's not as fast as his first two and not as strong as Osuushi, but it is able to take enough hits and still be fast enough to close in distance. It's legs are rather spindly and appear to be it's weak point, but should they be destroyed, it can launch itself atop of Osuushi using it's larger and stronger claw arm and attach itself to effectively double it's offensive presence. As it has severe weight dis-balance, it can be easy for fast and perceptive foes to dodge it's attacks and let it fall into traps or counterattack. Summon Scroll is the same as Osuushi as it is hidden with it.
- Futagoza (Gemini): Just as the name implies, this is two Puppets in one. There are two halves to this puppet, the Front and Back half. When combined, it functions as a standard, human-sized battle puppet that appears to have two fronts on both it's front and back and four arms. However, at any time, it can be split into two. They are distinguished by their Colors: Red and Blue. The blue puppet, normally the "front" half of the whole, utilizes a poisoned katana for very fast, close-quarters attacks. The red puppet, normally the "back" half of the whole, carries a variety of flash-bombs, smoke bombs, and other distracting equipment that will allow the blue half to get in close and finish off the foe. The red half is far from defenseless as it has poisoned needles that hide within its fists and come out should it be threatened. Unfortuantly, as Kenji is not yet experirienced controlling more than four puppets, sometimes the chakara threads may snap and make them defenseless. This can be fixed if he uses no more that two other puppets alongside this one. Both halves are less durable when split apart and have a weak spot on their 'backs' that can be taken advantage of to disable them. The summoning scroll is located in his left arm sleeve.
• 4 PERSONALITY TRAITS ⇢ Friendly, Analytical, Lazy, Stubborn
• SHORT BIO ⇢ Kenji was born into the Umehara clan, one of the smallest and almost unknown clans in Sunagakure and a clan who has almost all their members utilizing the Puppet Technique. Kenji was no exception to this trend, mastering the use of his first Puppet by the age of 6, the second by the age of 8, the third by the age of 12 and the fourth by the age of 16. He started learning how to use a fifth puppet around the age of 18. Despite his diligence towards his Puppeteer-ing skills, he is considered a disgrace because he is too lazy to take the tests to become higher rank, to which he replies that it is too much of a bother and that he would rather focus on bettering himself than take tests. Eventually, after having skipped the test for becoming jōnin for the third year in a row, he was brought to the three elder Puppeteers and informed that his laziness was unacceptable and that he was chosen to enter the tournament that was being done soon. After nearly half an hour of useless arguments, the head elder had him hush and reminded him that Kenji was one of the most talented Puppeteers that they have seen and that he was still young and his skills could be honed more and that, in time, he could become one of the elders. The elder nodded to the Human Puppet, Sasori, that was sitting in the chair behind her and told him that if he brought honor to Sunagakura, then, in a few decades, he could be given this puppet. That statement alone got Kenji to shut up and agree to their orders. Every Puppeteer has heard the stories of the great "Sasori of the Sand" and dream of using that puppet in battle as Human Puppets are rare and making them are forbidden. With these in mind, Kenji left with his puppets and the dream to become one of the greatest Puppeteers in existence.
• THEME SONG ⇢ Urahara Theme (Bleach)