You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 07, 2016, 12:25:23 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Story time? It's story time.  (Read 504 times)

Offline sykTopic starter

Story time? It's story time.
« on: July 12, 2014, 03:28:29 AM »
So I came here to do stories so lets do it. Yes. One on one, or group, I'm open to either.

Things of interest, semi-formed ideas, and themes:

Diesel Punk
If you don't know, this is similar to steampunk, but not. Just think Art Deco, early 20th century, sleek cars and trains. Speak-easies, boot leggers, sky scrapers. I have wanted to write in a diesel punk setting for a long time, but I don't have anything really hashed out idea wise.

Backwardian Fairytales

Something else I have been interested in for a long time. Reversed fairy tales, princess charming and dudes in distress. I'd be open to pretty much any of the classic tales done this way. Example:
Thumbel(ina): thumb sized dude gets thrown headlong into the fairy wars when after a run in with the princess/general. Which side will he chose?

Nature of the Beast

Been toying with this idea for awhile. Hikers are captured in woods, to be used as human guinea pigs in super soldier program. Subjected to brainwashing and physical mutations. Would be interested in someone to play mad scientist type.

Also interested in OCs in existing worlds, Borderlands, Dragon Age, Dark Jewels, Harry Potter, etc...

And I guess I will update with more ideas later, my brain is getting into the 2am fog.

It's story time.  ;D

Offline ADoggett

Re: Story time? It's story time.
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2014, 09:26:41 AM »
So I came here to do stories so lets do it. Yes. One on one, or group, I'm open to either.

Things of interest, semi-formed ideas, and themes:

Diesel Punk
If you don't know, this is similar to steampunk, but not. Just think Art Deco, early 20th century, sleek cars and trains. Speak-easies, boot leggers, sky scrapers. I have wanted to write in a diesel punk setting for a long time, but I don't have anything really hashed out idea wise.

Backwardian Fairytales

Something else I have been interested in for a long time. Reversed fairy tales, princess charming and dudes in distress. I'd be open to pretty much any of the classic tales done this way. Example:
Thumbel(ina): thumb sized dude gets thrown headlong into the fairy wars when after a run in with the princess/general. Which side will he chose?

Nature of the Beast

Been toying with this idea for awhile. Hikers are captured in woods, to be used as human guinea pigs in super soldier program. Subjected to brainwashing and physical mutations. Would be interested in someone to play mad scientist type.

Also interested in OCs in existing worlds, Borderlands, Dragon Age, Dark Jewels, Harry Potter, etc...

And I guess I will update with more ideas later, my brain is getting into the 2am fog.

It's story time.  ;D

Hey! I'm super interested in all of these ideas (lol) but I'd like your take on one that you'd choose over the others:

*I'm super interested in the Diesel Punk RPG since I have done a similar story setting on another forum and it lasted for quite a long time (I have lots of characters I'd like to experiment with too, so absolutely). Do you have a particular plot you'd be interested in fronting?

*Also I have an OC I'm wanting to write for named Arioch that's a Blood Elf/Warlock from World of Warcraft. I'm really getting into WOW lore but I'd be super interested in doing something with him or even doing a cross over with different DOD (Dungeons & Dragons)-based games as well. Anything fantasy related will work as I'd like to create new lore and new characters.

Offline sykTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 03:34:29 PM »
I honestly haven't played WoW in ages, so while I am interested in the idea, I don't know how much I would have to offer. If your willing to be patient and flexible it could work. I also love fantasy based settings so I would be down for something like that.

The diesel punk story is probably the one I would be most interested in doing, but I can't remember exactly what the idea I had for it was. Its been too long, I know it's sad. I was thinking maybe a low fantasy setting, kinda Indiana Jones-ish, where there are relics and stuff but no one has powers or anything like that.

Offline ADoggett

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2014, 03:47:35 PM »
I honestly haven't played WoW in ages, so while I am interested in the idea, I don't know how much I would have to offer. If your willing to be patient and flexible it could work. I also love fantasy based settings so I would be down for something like that.

The diesel punk story is probably the one I would be most interested in doing, but I can't remember exactly what the idea I had for it was. Its been too long, I know it's sad. I was thinking maybe a low fantasy setting, kinda Indiana Jones-ish, where there are relics and stuff but no one has powers or anything like that.

I'm really down for anything you have in mind, so the Indiana-Jones inspired roleplay could be cool. What if the relics in question came from a fantasy world and the characters were sort of transported there? There could be both diesel punk elements fused in that with the Indiana-Jones esque characters coming from the 1940s-1950s and traveling somehow to a mythical realm (without powers but a few weapons for defense) where they try to locate these relics. Also, how many characters per player? (if there are going to be more people, which would be cool, but if not then that's ok!).

Offline sykTopic starter

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2014, 05:08:48 PM »
I'm really down for anything you have in mind, so the Indiana-Jones inspired roleplay could be cool. What if the relics in question came from a fantasy world and the characters were sort of transported there? There could be both diesel punk elements fused in that with the Indiana-Jones esque characters coming from the 1940s-1950s and traveling somehow to a mythical realm (without powers but a few weapons for defense) where they try to locate these relics. Also, how many characters per player? (if there are going to be more people, which would be cool, but if not then that's ok!).

I was thinking more 1930's, but the idea is interesting. Perhaps its the Great Depression, they are hard up for work, take a job helping a rich person that is interested in these strange old artifacts. Accidentally end up in the other plane somehow, applying the adaptability and determination that carried folks through the time period to their new surroundings?

As for how many, I never thought about it, I guess I am open to suggestion on that point!

Offline ADoggett

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2014, 05:14:47 PM »
I was thinking more 1930's, but the idea is interesting. Perhaps its the Great Depression, they are hard up for work, take a job helping a rich person that is interested in these strange old artifacts. Accidentally end up in the other plane somehow, applying the adaptability and determination that carried folks through the time period to their new surroundings?

As for how many, I never thought about it, I guess I am open to suggestion on that point!

1930s it is~
I was thinking maybe two per player? The rich person could be played by you or be a ominous NCP that we refer to. Four could work, too as in two Depression-era characters and two fantasy characters to interact with to add some leverage.

Offline sykTopic starter

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2014, 05:23:53 PM »
I like the idea of the ominous rich person as an NPC, more of a background character, maybe he hires them intentionally to get them stuck on the other side, either as an experiment or to fulfill some shady deal he has with someone over there.

I also like the one character of each side idea(giving the total for four, two a piece), that seems like it would be the most beneficial way to move things forward. Otherwise all the informative characters would be NPC and that would be awkward.

Offline ADoggett

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2014, 05:40:41 PM »
I like the idea of the ominous rich person as an NPC, more of a background character, maybe he hires them intentionally to get them stuck on the other side, either as an experiment or to fulfill some shady deal he has with someone over there.

I also like the one character of each side idea(giving the total for four, two a piece), that seems like it would be the most beneficial way to move things forward. Otherwise all the informative characters would be NPC and that would be awkward.

True! So, do you want to start? :D I'm excited for this!

Offline sykTopic starter

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2014, 05:44:17 PM »
I suppose there is no time like the present! I shall get to it.

Offline sykTopic starter

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2014, 05:46:11 PM »
One more thing, do you want to leave this open so more people can join in or not?

Offline ADoggett

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2014, 05:55:19 PM »
One more thing, do you want to leave this open so more people can join in or not?

We can leave this open, but we could go ahead and start anyway. Anyone else that comes in will probably have to be a part of the mythical world to keep things balanced and according to the plot, just to keep down confusion.

Offline sykTopic starter

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2014, 06:11:47 PM »
You can post first if you have something worked out in your head already, if not I am working on it and will let you know when it's up.

Offline ADoggett

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2014, 09:24:37 AM »
You can post first if you have something worked out in your head already, if not I am working on it and will let you know when it's up.

I really have nothing yet haha. I have my characters in my mind but I'd like to draw them out first if that's ok (it won't take long), but I'll post them when you put your plot up.

Offline sykTopic starter

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2014, 01:18:53 PM »
I'm still working up a setting with proper atmosphere, I haven't settled into a groove. Did you want me to hash out a proper plot skeleton or do we just want to let things grow organically? I understand about wanting to draw out the characters, mine are still macerating in the creative womb.

Also, congrats on your approval!

Offline ADoggett

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2014, 02:23:26 PM »
I'm still working up a setting with proper atmosphere, I haven't settled into a groove. Did you want me to hash out a proper plot skeleton or do we just want to let things grow organically? I understand about wanting to draw out the characters, mine are still macerating in the creative womb.

Also, congrats on your approval!

We can work on this organically, so I'll start. I'm still not for sure about the character designs as I want them both to be male, so I'll try something out (One shouldn't be hard as it's just my rehashed WOW/D&D elf Arioch, as he'd fit in nicely in the fantasy world:

And thanks, I hope you get approved soon! :)

Offline sykTopic starter

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2014, 02:29:22 PM »
As long as he isn't also a Duke of Chaos and prick sounds good.  XD >insert shameless Elric reference<

Thinking mundane would character will be a young woman, passing for a man in order to get work. Hence being hired to dig up whatever ancient thingy is gonna be doing transportation between worlds.

Fantasy character will probably be someone ugly, orc or something. Haven't gotten much passed that on them.

Offline sykTopic starter

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2014, 02:30:32 PM »
Herpderpderp... I'm gonna make us an OOC thread for this. Don't know why I didn't think of it sooner.

Offline ADoggett

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2014, 03:39:53 PM »
As long as he isn't also a Duke of Chaos and prick sounds good.  XD >insert shameless Elric reference<

Thinking mundane would character will be a young woman, passing for a man in order to get work. Hence being hired to dig up whatever ancient thingy is gonna be doing transportation between worlds.

Fantasy character will probably be someone ugly, orc or something. Haven't gotten much passed that on them.

LOL! XD No way, he's a lot of different things in different universes (other forums) but lol nah it's cool.
I think my Depression era character would be male, wearing big glasses, and clothes that are too big for him. He's got smarts and gusto but he's desperate for money, so he took up the offer. And wow, that would be super cool! Would the guy find out once they got to the other world or something that his male partner is in fact biologically female? That would be interesting. And your Orc character could be hunting partners with my elf! IT'S SO PERFECT ._.

And yes, do make an OOC thread if you'd like. We are still brain storming so this could be very introductory at first until you bring all your thoughts together.

Offline sykTopic starter

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2014, 03:47:06 PM »
I made an OOC thread.  :P Gonna be messy until I get approved and things can be rearranged better.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=208769.0