Lately, I'm developing a desire to RP in a story set among two related groups of people:
- the very rich: people who live in mansions, own big yachts etc.
- the corporate people: both high-powered executives and their assistants
I admit that I don't have many very detailed plot ideas regarding this kind of setting. Rather than that, I have plot seeds and character ideas... It's not too much, I know. But I thought that I might put them out here. Maybe someone would be interested? Maybe they'd fit with someone else's story ideas?
So, here they are:
- The Heiress: I'd like to play a story where my character would be a relatively young (late 20s / early 30s) heiress from a family involved in really big business. I see her as this reserved, somewhat cold individual with a lot of duties and not much of personal life. Maybe you could play some not-so-rich, relaxed person who would help her come out of her shell?
- The Wife: I'd also love to play a young wife to an older business tycoon. I see their relationship as thanklessly lopsided: the man wouldn't be abusive, but he would be the type of husband who cannot help dominating his wife. An alpha-male business giant who is used to controlling everything around him... His wife would be, at least partially, a trophy to him - and he'd have a lot expectations toward her: that she should dress tastefully, that she runs the mansion's staff, that she plays a pleasant arm candy at parties... I'd like to explore this kind of relationship - and what my character would feel like in such a situation.
- The Megacorp Woman: Similar to the Heiress, this is a young woman with imporant job and a lot of money. The difference is, her story would take place in a cyberpunk-styled near-future, where the big corporations run the world and there's lot of impoverish underclass. In typical cyberpunk games, it's the underclass who get the spotlight - here, I'd like to explore the life of one of these megacorp characters whom usual cyberpunk characters don't really like. It could be similar to the story of the Heiress, with the character meeting someone from lower social class and exploring their differences.
- The Megacorp Recruit: To turn the previous idea on its head, I'd also want to RP another cyberpunk story: this time, the lead would be a young woman from the underclass. One day, out of poverty, she'd commit some sort of crime... and, at the same time, she'd come into the attention of one megacorp executive. Surprisingly, the executive would give her a choice: she could get prosecuted for her crime and go to prison... or she could start working for him. The story would concern the lead character - someone who really *hates* the megacorps - as she is pushed suddenly pushed into the life of a megacorp employee. Would she survive there? Would her hate for the megacorps remain - or would she become a loyal worker? A note: in this story, I'd be interested in playing either the lead, or the executive
These are the bare-bones ideas. Do they pique your interest? If so, please PM me :)
BTW. I also invite you to read through my main ideas thread