You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 04, 2016, 08:33:37 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: [Now Locked] Monster Boarding School RP (All Genders/Sexualities Welcome)  (Read 3649 times)

Offline TwilightGeminiTopic starter

(Much of this is for the interest check phase of the RP. Scroll down to the updated section of the post for the premise and character form.)

A few people here miiiiight recall that there used to be an RP about a boarding school for monster girls and human boys.

It was a somewhat unusual RP for this forum (as far as I'm aware, at least). Hidden in the middle of nowhere in Eastern Europe, monster girls and human boys attended this one boarding school where all things sexual behavior, as you might imagine, played a major role. In fact, the reason for that kind of inclusion was the monster girls' need of human semen in order to help maximize their health in ways unachievable by any other means.

However, for the RP I have in mind, I don't wish to reboot that particular RP, even though I had some good memories from then as very few they may be. Instead, I wish to learn from its foundation to try and create something a little grander. The main idea I have as of yet would be not doing monster girls and human boys like the original. Instead, it would be monster girls AND boys and have humans be among the students. I believe that if we include monster boys to the mix, it could expand the creative potential for those who wish to join in. To further freedom of building your character(s), all sexual orientations and genders are also welcome!

For what I'm looking for in monster people, the image above as well as this here link and to a degree this one should provide some good ideas. However, you will not be restricted to the monsters or their personalities from those links or the image above.

For anyone who's interested in attending this RP or has any ideas for what they wish to see in this particular kind of RP, feel free to leave your response here or send me a PM!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7/13 UPDATE: BASIS AND CHARACTER FORM

Now that there's enough interest generated for this, on to the next phase! To start it off, here is what the RP is about.

There is a boarding school hidden somewhere in the world where monster and other supernatural folk and a few select humans are accepted and brought to. This boarding school has two major purposes: To share the secrets of the supernatural world inaccessible to the rest of humanity and to play a major role in strengthening relationships between humanity and all other beings.

The few human students are picked wisely and trusted to keep what they hear and see within the boundaries of this school away from the outside world. Otherwise, those who conspire to break their oath would meet their demise swiftly and mysteriously. The kinds of humans recruited to the school include druids, guards, and diplomats. They must be dedicated to protecting the well-being of monster folk as a whole and the bond they're all trying to strengthen.

As for the monster folk, they can come in many shapes, forms, and sizes, as to be expected. Half-snake and dragon folk, vampires, succubi and incubi, elemental beings, even oni are among those who attend the school! The school is prepared to adapt to the needs of everyone they can find and recruit and is continuously working to improve everyone's experiences to the highest possible levels.

There's no point or reason to exclude people for what, but who they are. This not only includes races and species, but also genders and orientations. After all, that could be a waste of good talent and potential.

A new year is on the horizon and letters have been sent all over the globe. At first they give no clue on what the letter is about until it's opened. But once it's opened, they should know quickly that they have been accepted to the one place in the world that can provide them a shot at a brighter future. This one place in particular is none other than...

The Foundation of the Supernatural!

---------------------------------------

Character applications will be open as long as the thread is open! If there's anything you're unsure about, feel free to ask me about it!

Name:
Species: (If not human, no need to be super strict to the original lore of a creature you wish to play as!)
Sex and/or Gender: (Sex is what you are biologically. Gender is what you feel on the inside.)
Student or Teacher? (If teacher, what subject{s} do you have in mind?)

Appearance: (Pictures can be used, but be warned that any pictures that may look too young are not recommended. If no picture, a good paragraph’s worth at the least should be good.)
Personality: (A paragraph or two is strongly preferred.)
Background: (At least two or three paragraphs preferred.)

Abilities: (It may either be strengths as a character or what the race of said character is capable of. But humans and monsters are allowed to use magic.)
Weaknesses: (Could be either character flaws or actual flaws that come with being a certain race.)
Other Special Characteristics: (What does your character have on them that's just a part of them?)

Sexual Preferences: (Not restricted to simply orientation. It may also include positions, being generally a giver and/or receiver, and whether one is submissive, dominant, or switch.)
Turn Ons:
Indifferences:
Turn Offs:
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 02:26:20 AM by TwilightGemini »

Offline KnightNelson20

• Ive Penetrated more than the Evil. (>'.(>O.O)>
  • Lord
  • Enchanted
  • At your service!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Interesting. I'm surprised more people have an expressed interest I like the thought.

Online Starcry

• ~♥Mistress Of Insanity♥~ | ~♥Sleeper Creeper♥~ | ~♥Britbong♥~ | ~♥Fujoshi♥~
  • Dame
  • Enchanter
  • Mad as a hatter but twice as twisted
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0

Interesting. I'm surprised more people have an expressed interest I like the thought.

Lol, right? Even though there was actually one who PMed me the other day expressing interest in making a character sheet.

So no jinrou?

That's actually a good question, because I'm not too sure.

One of my main concerns is that they have all those different superpowers. Would one need to have all of those at once?

The other would be that Jinrou themselves seem to be an original piece of a somewhat recent IP instead of like a widespread legendary creature.

Online Starcry

• Dame
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
In terms of superpowers I would say they should be limited at the GM's discretion.

From what I have watched of Shiki; Jinrou are basically daywalkers and only have to feed to keep their strength up. All in all I think Shiki are vampires but their concept is more demonic and human-like. They never get called vampires or vampiric but they do seem very much like that.

The anime itself is based on a horror novel and while it seems a bit silly at first it soon becomes pretty interesting.

Offline Foxfyr

I recall the RP that was the inspiration for this variation and I had a lot of fun with it. Count me interested!

Offline Laughing Hyena

Im of the mindset of Monsters and humans evenly or at least sparingly.

In terms of superpowers I would say they should be limited at the GM's discretion.

From what I have watched of Shiki; Jinrou are basically daywalkers and only have to feed to keep their strength up. All in all I think Shiki are vampires but their concept is more demonic and human-like. They never get called vampires or vampiric but they do seem very much like that.

The anime itself is based on a horror novel and while it seems a bit silly at first it soon becomes pretty interesting.

In that case, I'll definitely look into it!

I recall the RP that was the inspiration for this variation and I had a lot of fun with it. Count me interested!

It'll be awesome having another one of us back! Here's hoping a couple others from our previous RP find this thread, as well.

Im of the mindset of Monsters and humans evenly or at least sparingly.

Considered!

Offline johnnyboyboy

I place an interest flag in this thread!

It seems interesting and looks like it could be fun rp!

So for those who may wish to join this RP, what kind or kinds of characters do you have in mind playing?

I'd like to have an idea of what people want before I start making a solid RP and dishing out an actual character sheet.

Offline Garuss Vakarian

*Swoops in out of nowhere* Actually they do get called vampires once or twice. But in derogatory fashion, as well one of the main characters can not find books on vampires so he rents a bunch of vampire films at one point. The word Shiki translated from Japanese means "Corpse Demon." And, they call themselves Shiki later on, taking a liking to the idea. Toshio gets the monk to tell her a bit more on his book he was writing. In it he calls the undead whom are forsaken by god "Shiki." "Corpse Demons."

As well, there is an old village legend of walking corpses. Which is why the people of Sotoba associate them  as demons. I believe this legend is also where the Monk got the word Shiki? But not sure. None the less, the show barely ever mentions them as vampires, only saying the word I think 2 or 3 times? But it does heavily imply it. And greatly imply's that the characters consider them vampires. Especially when the Doctor, and a few other characters treat them as vampires. By using holy symbol's, and being wary of inviting them to their house. Stakes to the heart. Etc.

^^ The more you know! (Flaunts his abundance of useless anime know how.)

None the less, may be interested.

As for Jinrou: They are stronger, and more endurable then other vampires. They can take a lot more punishment as if it was nothing. And they are immune to the sun. They can eat and drink human substances. (Unlike normal vampires whom can only drink.) As well as normally not letting holy symbols effect their mental state. Effectively allowing them to hide in society. As long as they feed enough to stay in full strength, they are fine. However, if they get denied their meal, they turn slowly more human. To a degree in which even a stray bullet to the gut can kill them as it would a normal human.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 01:40:17 AM by Garuss Vakarian »

Offline Kimmy

• Curiosity's pet & Muse's spark. Chained with a Demon's darkness & lifted atop an Angel's passion!
  • Champion
  • Enchanted
  • Darkness holds the most fascinating Rainbows!
  • View My Rolls
Color me interested! I'd love to offer up a sensual Lamia who is a bookish student - particularly with a love for discovering new books to read. She also has a bad habit of stalking her 'prey' - be it a mouse for dinner or her friends for annoying her... And she has a sensual, imitate nature. So she tends to invade the personal space of others & constantly touches people with light gestures. Which, being a serpentine creature, can be as disconcerting as it can be affectionate. She'd be very smart - but would have lazy tendencies, especially when she's in warming sunlight snoozing or she has a good book to read. But would probably try to become a school prefect/student council member. Particularly if it lets her skip a few classes here and there.

Do you have an idea what you want for a character sheet?

Offline Waterfall

I'm thinking about a succubi who would be the popular girl who tries to make everyone like her. She'd have her succubus charming power as usual, and would often reference 'her daddy's money' (Her daddy would be Mammon, the biblical demon of wealth and greed).

If you asked me about how many humans, I'd say that it'd be a strange thing to let humans in to a monster school. What are the humans there for, anyway? Are they let in just as 'food', or is it okay to mingle? In any case, I'd want to monsters to outnumber the humans.

Online Starcry

• Dame
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
I'll consider playing a male snake demon or something. :3

Do you have an idea what you want for a character sheet?

If I don't get a response from that one person soon, I can post one here either tonight or tomorrow.

If you asked me about how many humans, I'd say that it'd be a strange thing to let humans in to a monster school. What are the humans there for, anyway? Are they let in just as 'food', or is it okay to mingle? In any case, I'd want to monsters to outnumber the humans.

I was thinking more of mingling than anything else. As for the ratio you suggested, I'll definitely put that into consideration. They'll most likely be required to go through a background check and swear to keep the existence of the school a secret, so they might not be too many, anyways.

----------------

Anyways, I see a few interesting kinds of characters so far! I myself will most likely use my kappa character as a student just like in the old RP.

Offline CarnivalOfTheGoat

It's more entertaining if the eating (or 'preying on' in other fashion) the humans is against the rules...Just like any other naughtiness between students. Then it becomes an issue of getting around the rules and all of the tensions therein.

I'm considering this. Not sure yet. But considering.

It's more entertaining if the eating (or 'preying on' in other fashion) the humans is against the rules...Just like any other naughtiness between students. Then it becomes an issue of getting around the rules and all of the tensions therein.

I'm considering this. Not sure yet. But considering.

Yeah, any such thing that causes bad tension between the two would definitely be against not only the rules of the school, but also a major point of it.

Which reminds me, I think now would be a good time to make an actual plot for the RP!

I'm thinking that the boarding school would be one of these places that are kept secret from the rest of the world. Such places are created not only as asylums for supernatural folk, but may also aim to establish a connection between them and humanity. The few humans who are allowed into the school must agree to a vow of secrecy and aim for a peace between the two. The supernatural folk must do the latter thing, as well.

The school itself I might place in a less known part of the world, like either somewhere in Eastern Europe or Russia. Canada might be another option, but the other two seem more reasonable locations for kind of a central hub to unite people.

While I look into making a good character sheet, does anyone have any suggestions or questions?

Offline Zeth

I vote monsters only. Humans just gum up the works.

Offline Wheeler97

I'll express me interest, Humans or not...

Can't decide what I'd play... Something with tentacles appeals, like a cecaelia (upper body human with lower body octopus). But then maybe a Gargoyle... or... ugh...

Online SweetSerenade

I vote monsters only. Humans just gum up the works.
I vote some select humans, like magic users.

Monsters are just not an interest for me - but the game is. XP
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 02:18:02 PM by SweetSerenade »

I'll express me interest, Humans or not...

Can't decide what I'd play... Something with tentacles appeals, like a cecaelia (upper body human with lower body octopus). But then maybe a Gargoyle... or... ugh...

Well, if this helps at all, a couple people here might play as snake-like people, another might play a succubus, and I'm most likely going to include my old kappa character.

I plan on putting in the character sheet later tonight or tomorrow (for real this time), but you'll have a good amount of time to decide. Either way, feel free to ask me anything about the RP or relating to character creation here.  ;D

I vote some select humans, like magic users.

Monsters are just not an interest for me - but the game is. XP

In that case, I'm gonna lean more towards including humans to the RP, though most likely sparingly. The idea of magic possessed by both supernatural folk and humans could be an interesting one for this RP.

Online SweetSerenade

I have a penchant for having characters that know Ritual magics... usually Celtic Basis (As that is where my most knowledge lies, being a Druid myself)

So likely her family has been in harmony with the Monsters for awhile, because the Druids were known for their reverance of the supernatural :D

I have a penchant for having characters that know Ritual magics... usually Celtic Basis (As that is where my most knowledge lies, being a Druid myself)

So likely her family has been in harmony with the Monsters for awhile, because the Druids were known for their reverance of the supernatural :D

That could actually work very well! In fact, it probably helps with keeping everything and everyone protected and in secret if a few select humans have some ability to use magic, as well.

Online Starcry

• Dame
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls

I like this plan and can see potential in where this could go~ >)

Online Starcry

• Dame
  • Enchanter
  • View My Rolls
Suggestion for sheet:

Name:
Species:
Subject: