You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 08, 2016, 09:56:12 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: WYSIWYG in modify window  (Read 206 times)

Offline WaterfallTopic starter

WYSIWYG in modify window
« on: June 20, 2014, 11:50:12 AM »
I asked this of a mod who couldn't help me, so I was wondering what I'm doing wrong. I break things! Help!

When I try to modify a post, the modify window shows a what-you-see-is-what-you-get display. Instead of showing an img tag and the url and the close img tag, it actually shows the picture. Then, when I publish the modified post, the picture disappears, probably because the appropriate tags are not there.

Is there a way to show raw bbcode in modify windows? Or perhaps some way to toggle between them?

Thanks.

Offline Dim Hon

• The Horrible, Lovely Thing || The Sorcerer's Familiar || Not This || Sinners' Nadir || Desire of the Endless || More Dark In Me Than Bones || St. Fucking
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • The Aforementioned Darkness
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 19
Re: WYSIWYG in modify window
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 11:56:41 AM »
You should see the BBCode in the modify window. To get an image to display, it must look like this

Code: [Select]
[img]Image url here[/img]

Offline Beguile's Mistress

• Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 2016 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 11:56:51 AM »
The only think that I can think of that may help is to click the Toggle View icon at the far right (end) of the second row of icons in the Preview/Edit screen.  It is a pair of red brackets enclosing a cursor-style arrow.

Try switching views and see if that gives you what you want.

Hope this helps.

Offline WaterfallTopic starter

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 12:36:35 PM »
The only think that I can think of that may help is to click the Toggle View icon at the far right (end) of the second row of icons in the Preview/Edit screen.  It is a pair of red brackets enclosing a cursor-style arrow.

Try switching views and see if that gives you what you want.

That's exactly the solution to my problem. Thank you!!!!!  XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD

Offline Beguile's Mistress

• Time flies like an arrow ~ Fruit flies like a banana ~ Elliquiy's Fair-E Godmother
  • Dame
  • Carnite
  • Location: Faeleacanvald ~ The Steeler Nation ~ Home of Lord Stanley's Cup 2016 ~ She won't stay throwed! ~ 48\22-5\1\11-5\7
  • Perpetual Notion Machine ~ 'What if...?'
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 12:39:34 PM »
You are certainly welcome.  I'm happy I remembered that icon from my own days of having that problem. ;D