2017: Mass Exodus (Accepting! GBLTQA Friendly)

Started by Bloodied Porcelain, June 11, 2014, 12:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClockworkShadow

I was aware of that, and it was originally worked out that she would have been 18 in 2003/4 and attempting to attend the university he taught at before her psychology went AWOL.

And there wasn't going to be a specific *age* (it certainly wouldn't conflict with E guidelines in any way) - just a distinction of childish immaturity... like she just stopped growing, emotionally, but was still aware she was an adult.  I have plenty of references for how that would work out.

A/A

^ zee-oh-em-gee, it has an update ^
I am back... sort of.  I'm trying, anyway.
o_O

ClockworkShadow

The three things I am having trouble with, currently, are: 

1. How the hell would a homeless survivalist really work in an area where there isn't going to be much rural/wooded surroundings to give her reprieve from constant exposure to modern living... and, even if I made it work, wouldn't the maintenance of that make it extremely difficult to establish and grow interactions between her and the other residents of the area?

2. Family connections for an 'supportively^' abusive backstory are proving to be extremely difficult to procure and organize... if I list them as deceased, it leaves major holes in the history.  If I leave them as unknown, then I also have to explain why, and so then what happened to cause her to want to have nothing more to do with them?  So on, so forth...

3. History.  The more I flesh it out, the worse the details get, mainly due to #2 and the holes that have been developing the more I piece everything together.  Rape/Murder & Death/Incest ... it's just getting out of hand, and it's increasingly disturbing to try and write about, in all honesty...

A/A

o_O

ClockworkShadow

Ok, the general consensus (even though I haven't had a chance to talk to Mad, yet) is to quit where I was going before I write myself into a bad space (and potentially writer's block).  Also, Ciosa's cool with scrapping the out of state connection so that she can be physically younger.

I have some work to do, as well as research on what education is required for a coroner/pathologist

A/A

o_O

Josietta

Quote from: Chrystal on June 17, 2014, 10:36:28 AM
Actually that works...

May I suggest that in the interregnum at the Baptist church (i.e, before Marty turns up), the Methodist minister was actually handling both churches?

That creates a connection for Marty, to Hope's parents, if it was her father who asked Mart to preach, and to stay on, because he was having trouble running both.

Oh and Josietta, if Hope wants to flirt shamelessly with the young, single, handsome and obviously good Christian Baptist minister, I won't object. Marty probably won't object either, but if things go a little too far it could get VERY awkward!

I'm not sure why her father would handle both churches or how it would be feasible anyway. As far as I know churches typically run at the same time each Sunday (approx between 10am and noon).   

However that said, Mart could have been brought in and suggested by Hope's father through some other means giving them that connection. Maybe the person who sent Marty to the area was connected to Hope's father as maybe a fellow clergyman or they went to the same Christian school or something along those lines. He asked Hope's father if he could help out Marty and thus, Marty was brought in to run the Baptist church, maybe because the Methodist church was getting far too big for its seat space so a newer church was built or an older one reopened (whichever BP has it going). 

On the other topic, Hope isn't adverse to flirting even if shes not sure how to flirt. Shes a little awkward when it comes to guys and that sort of thing. But she'd like to have a friend at the very least! :)

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Chrystal

Quote from: Josietta on June 17, 2014, 01:16:50 PM
I'm not sure why her father would handle both churches or how it would be feasible anyway. As far as I know churches typically run at the same time each Sunday (approx between 10am and noon).   

Well, some churches have an evening service. Some also have an earlier service. I once went to a church (amazingly enough...) that had three services a day.

It might be that they moved the service at the Baptist church to the evening.

QuoteHowever that said, Mart could have been brought in and suggested by Hope's father through some other means giving them that connection. Maybe the person who sent Marty to the area was connected to Hope's father as maybe a fellow clergyman or they went to the same Christian school or something along those lines. He asked Hope's father if he could help out Marty and thus, Marty was brought in to run the Baptist church, maybe because the Methodist church was getting far too big for its seat space so a newer church was built or an older one reopened (whichever BP has it going). 

Marty wasn't sent by anyone. (S)He was passing through, on the run from the FBI, disguised as a minister, and someone asked her if she would preach in the Baptist church. With the Sheriff in the same room (the Blue Moon Grill) she could hardly refuse...

QuoteOn the other topic, Hope isn't adverse to flirting even if shes not sure how to flirt. Shes a little awkward when it comes to guys and that sort of thing. But she'd like to have a friend at the very least! :)

I will add her as a contact when you have your sheet up.

[/quote]

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

ClockworkShadow

On the run from the FBI o-0 ;; ??

<pays closer attention to Marty and goes hunting for a character sheet to read in closer detail>

A/A

o_O

ClockworkShadow

Hey, BP!  What do you think about a character who came into town to intern for the local coroner/pathologist, 2 or 3 years into the Medical Schooling segment of her training (enough to have most of the critical classes covered), and then the local guy gets Exodized (catchy word, Ciosa ;) ), and she's the only one available to fill in the blank spot on short notice? (It's not like New Brook is going to be teeming with qualified people to interview for a job like that! :P)

Edit:  Or, maybe, having finished her Medical Schooling and just started her Residency (at the Clinic) and being punted into the role of full-fledged Coroner/etc.

A/A

o_O

Bloodied Porcelain

It's possible that he might poof, but again... that's ultimately my decision who goes and who doesn't and I'm not going to promise one person the npc they want to go will poof when I've told everyone else that I'm picking from the connections they provide.
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

ClockworkShadow

... Sorry, BP.  When Chrystal suggested someone making a Coroner character, I kind of jumped to the conclusion that that's what would have happened... and I think I'm bungling things up with wanting to play a younger character while still filling in the blank there.

Back to the drawing board, then.

A/A

o_O

Ciosa

Another solution is that the coroner could have just died in the traditional fashion very recently - the character has a few weeks left, and while not completely qualified is being overseen by ebony queens character

Bloodied Porcelain

Hun, I don't want you to feel like you have to "fill a hole". I want you to play what makes you happy as a writer. It's my job to fill holes in the game, not yours ;)  That's what NPCs are for.

That said... We do have a rather large number of people with "broken home" character archetypes and a lot of out of towners. I'd like to see some characters who aren't from abusive/broken homes and are actually from the town, so if that can provide some guidance there's that. :)
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

Bloodied Porcelain

*flops and tries not to look as drained as she feels* Well... she's finally done. Roxanne Marietta Benoit is up. I'll get to reading sheets after I get home. Leaving work shortly to go get the kidlet from summer camp and go home.

Also, if anyone wants to do history scenes with Roxy or just set up connections, I'm totally open for that, just let me know. :)

ClockworkShadow

I don't necessarily feel like I have to fill in the blank...

I honestly did a little happy bounce over the idea of being a young medical intern-ish type - a girl of a woman (26-28ish) with a dark humor streak (particularly since she would find herself working with dead peoples more than live ones, and seek out the "therapy" of outlets such as Mad's priest (and still potentially corrupting him), Roy's herbs, and BDSM play).  I even found a new model to work with, potentially! :D

but the young, technically under-qualified girl thrust into the role of a coroner might not work quite so well if there's a chance that the current coroner (in whatever NPC capacity that would entail) would, yanno... still be around...

Though she could still be a residency intern over there with Ebony... and she could still have a dark sense of humor and... <resuming happy-bounce>

A/A

o_O

EbonyQueen

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on June 17, 2014, 02:23:31 PM
*flops and tries not to look as drained as she feels* Well... she's finally done. Roxanne Marietta Benoit is up. I'll get to reading sheets after I get home. Leaving work shortly to go get the kidlet from summer camp and go home.

Also, if anyone wants to do history scenes with Roxy or just set up connections, I'm totally open for that, just let me know. :)

Whoops, sorry, I drooled a little bit on that character sheet!

ClockworkShadow

<laughs at Ebony and goes to check out this apparently-tasty character sheet>

A/A

o_O

Kokaine

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on June 17, 2014, 02:23:31 PM

::)

Btw - I am still open for connections to Missy or Lorenzo
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

DarkAngel111

Quote from: Kokaine on June 17, 2014, 02:34:48 PM
::)

Btw - I am still open for connections to Missy or Lorenzo

Would Missy like to be one of Scott's Many broken affairs??? :P

Amelita

Okay, I need to whip up those sheets I have in my head.

I have a feeling my babies will have fun relentlessly teasing that cute lil red xD

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Kokaine

Quote from: DarkAngel111 on June 17, 2014, 02:36:43 PM
Would Missy like to be one of Scott's Many broken affairs??? :P

Lol. Sure. You want them to still get along or no? She's not the jealous type but it could be possible she didn't really like him to begin with xD
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

My O/Os

ClockworkShadow

Seriously, damn if she isn't an adorable little thing!  Wicked good job on finding that model, BP... she literally looks like she fits your description to a T. :)

A/A

o_O

Amelita

How long have my babies and Missy been living together Koka?

~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~

DarkAngel111

Its a small town plus the two run business so i think it can be more of a on again off again thing :P
Hate to love kinda deal?

Kokaine

Quote from: Amelita on June 17, 2014, 02:50:05 PM
How long have my babies and Missy been living together Koka?

Missy came back almost 7 years ago so anything under 7 works for me. How comfortable do you want them to be?

Quote from: DarkAngel111 on June 17, 2014, 02:55:23 PM
Its a small town plus the two run business so i think it can be more of a on again off again thing :P
Hate to love kinda deal?

That would work. It fits with her resistance to forming attachments.

My O/Os

DarkAngel111

its the same way or scott too, he doesn't like attachments. scared of them haha. so that could work

Amelita

Quote from: Kokaine on June 17, 2014, 03:01:28 PM
Missy came back almost 7 years ago so anything under 7 works for me. How comfortable do you want them to be?

6 works for me :P

And I was thinking very comfortable. My muses were talking about sitting around in the living room shirtless when she wakes up and throwing their hands up all appalled going "OI it's shirtless wednesday!" and snickering into their beers.

Or that might have been mostly my muses being asses.

Whatever haha