2017: Mass Exodus (Accepting! GBLTQA Friendly)

Started by Bloodied Porcelain, June 11, 2014, 12:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EbonyQueen

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on June 13, 2014, 12:06:11 PM
We would be happy to have you :D

Thank you so much! I am going to see what I can do about a character. Though I would like to poke the minds of the other players. I've been noodling my concept for a bit now, and I have some basic ideas. The basic character is going to be older, late 40's early 50's most likely. I have not decided on a face-claim yet because I'm not exactly sure, which brings me to my question! This character, after asking our Porcelain leader for approval, is likely going to be a Physician in the local clinic.

So! To all of you my friends, acquaintances, or people I have yet to meet, but hope to! Could any of you use such a character in their backgrounds? I have two 'general looks' settled on, and I am not in favor of either one, so if a family member/mentor/acquaintance/whatever is fitting for a particular look, and we can settle on a good connection I'd go with that one! To break it down one is white, one is black... So... anyway, I'll stop rambling, and say thanks in advance, my PM-box is open, feel free to get in contact with me, I actually encourage it!

AmberStarfire

I'm going to be playing a cute barista girl who works in the local coffee shop so it's likely a lot of your characters will know her, at least on sight (well, if you drink coffee and perhaps even if you don't).

Chrystal

Quote from: EbonyQueen on June 13, 2014, 06:39:52 PM
Thank you so much! I am going to see what I can do about a character. Though I would like to poke the minds of the other players. I've been noodling my concept for a bit now, and I have some basic ideas. The basic character is going to be older, late 40's early 50's most likely. I have not decided on a face-claim yet because I'm not exactly sure, which brings me to my question! This character, after asking our Porcelain leader for approval, is likely going to be a Physician in the local clinic.

So! To all of you my friends, acquaintances, or people I have yet to meet, but hope to! Could any of you use such a character in their backgrounds? I have two 'general looks' settled on, and I am not in favor of either one, so if a family member/mentor/acquaintance/whatever is fitting for a particular look, and we can settle on a good connection I'd go with that one! To break it down one is white, one is black... So... anyway, I'll stop rambling, and say thanks in advance, my PM-box is open, feel free to get in contact with me, I actually encourage it!

My character's mother gave birth to her in the local free clinic. Her mother then died of cancer because they had no medical insurance. I would think that the clinic would have done whatever they could, which would not have been much, but it would be reasonable that Pepper would know the doc.She wouldn't blame Her(?) for mamma's death (she blames God for that), but would be grateful for the help. Ironically if your character is female in her 40s, she's the one connection Pepper wouldn't have a crush on! *giggles*

So, my next question, does anyone need a lesbian sister, daughter or aunt character?

I'm only asking in case there is a hole in someone's character sheet that needs filling with a female character. I will post the same Q in the recruitment thread.

I am quite happy with just the one character for now, but if someone needs a sister, a daughter, an aunt, or even a mother *shocked look*, I have a slot available. I could also play an ex-wife...

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

ClockworkShadow

So, I've recently returned to E (though I would have to say the mark I left was more obscure than not), and I'm pretty nervous about what to choose to wet my roleplaying pallet.  It's been, literally, years, since I've had the time or opportunity to sit at my computer and do more than poke at my own, fragmented scenarios & synopses.

But if you considered allowing me to be a part of this most-intriguing idea, I do have a pretty big question (mainly because I don't know anything about your chosen inspiration source for the game).  Is the disappearance based upon the religious hypothesis of a Rapture occurring, whereupon everyone missing would be dead to the mortal world and essentially gone forever, or would it be based upon an of-human-origin, 'for the greater good" (holocaustic?) conspiracy that involved... i.e... the government, or a purported secret society (take your pick :P)?  I am a huge fan of anything that makes my brain work... the harder the better, because the blasted thing never stops hyper-speed tick-tocking anyway... >.>';

Honestly, you'd have me - hook, line, and sinker - with the latter concept, given my personal intrigues and tastes... adds more of a sense of realism, for me, because there is so much throughout history that implies the existence of various groups manipulating the greater population in just such a manner.

OOCly, I'm not a huge fan of religious-orientated material, however - if that were the case, here - it would be curious to have spiritual, sentient "survivors" who interacted with everyone else at some point (and were able to be "characters" played out in their own right).  I beg your pardon, on this front, but I've been watching reruns of a few too many paranormal-humor shows lately - namely Dead Like Me and Reaper (I adore the guy who plays the Devil, seriously).

Nice to meet you all, looking forward to the GM's reply! :)

A/A

^ zee-oh-em-gee, it has an update ^
I am back... sort of.  I'm trying, anyway.
o_O

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: ClockworkShadow on June 13, 2014, 11:43:55 PM
So, I've recently returned to E (though I would have to say the mark I left was more obscure than not), and I'm pretty nervous about what to choose to wet my roleplaying pallet.  It's been, literally, years, since I've had the time or opportunity to sit at my computer and do more than poke at my own, fragmented scenarios & synopses.

But if you considered allowing me to be a part of this most-intriguing idea, I do have a pretty big question (mainly because I don't know anything about your chosen inspiration source for the game).  Is the disappearance based upon the religious hypothesis of a Rapture occurring, whereupon everyone missing would be dead to the mortal world and essentially gone forever, or would it be based upon an of-human-origin, 'for the greater good" (holocaustic?) conspiracy that involved... i.e... the government, or a purported secret society (take your pick :P)?  I am a huge fan of anything that makes my brain work... the harder the better, because the blasted thing never stops hyper-speed tick-tocking anyway... >.>';

Honestly, you'd have me - hook, line, and sinker - with the latter concept, given my personal intrigues and tastes... adds more of a sense of realism, for me, because there is so much throughout history that implies the existence of various groups manipulating the greater population in just such a manner.

OOCly, I'm not a huge fan of religious-orientated material, however - if that were the case, here - it would be curious to have spiritual, sentient "survivors" who interacted with everyone else at some point (and were able to be "characters" played out in their own right).  I beg your pardon, on this front, but I've been watching reruns of a few too many paranormal-humor shows lately - namely Dead Like Me and Reaper (I adore the guy who plays the Devil, seriously).

Nice to meet you all, looking forward to the GM's reply! :)

I'm not telling why people disappear... that's something folks will have to figure out during the game, and will be a ways off in the future (if anyone ever manages to get far enough to figure it out at all). So I'm afraid I can't answer your question without ruining the game for people, including yourself, by spoiling the "end".

That said, we'd love to have you and I'd be honored if you chose my humble little idea to get yourself back in to things. :)
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

EbonyQueen

Quote from: Chrystal on June 13, 2014, 10:17:19 PM
My character's mother gave birth to her in the local free clinic. Her mother then died of cancer because they had no medical insurance. I would think that the clinic would have done whatever they could, which would not have been much, but it would be reasonable that Pepper would know the doc.She wouldn't blame Her(?) for mamma's death (she blames God for that), but would be grateful for the help. Ironically if your character is female in her 40s, she's the one connection Pepper wouldn't have a crush on! *giggles*

So, my next question, does anyone need a lesbian sister, daughter or aunt character?

I'm only asking in case there is a hole in someone's character sheet that needs filling with a female character. I will post the same Q in the recruitment thread.

I am quite happy with just the one character for now, but if someone needs a sister, a daughter, an aunt, or even a mother *shocked look*, I have a slot available. I could also play an ex-wife...

I'd love to take you up on the connection with Pepper, Crystal. She probably knew her somewhat well. I am likely going to make her the 'oddity' of a black woman as a doctor. The jist of her story is she started out in New Orleans, but stuff happened (it'll be in my write-up!) and ended up having to practice wherever she could. And wherever she could was the local medical clinic in the small, isolated town.

I would also, if you wanted take you up on your second character as her 'daughter', that we could work out if you want to go the direction, please feel free to hit my inbox and we can hash out ideas.

She is over 40 and no crush for her? Well dang! Poor woman, gets no love!

ClockworkShadow

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on June 13, 2014, 11:51:46 PM
I'm not telling why people disappear... that's something folks will have to figure out during the game, and will be a ways off in the future (if anyone ever manages to get far enough to figure it out at all). So I'm afraid I can't answer your question without ruining the game for people, including yourself, by spoiling the "end".

That said, we'd love to have you and I'd be honored if you chose my humble little idea to get yourself back in to things. :)

I had a feeling I was fishing around for sensitive information.  Darn!

Though, my reason for asking was in having an interest in (also) playing a character that was one of those who went missing... and had somehow retained some measure of sentient ability to interact with (x).

That being said, I'll retain hope for that to occur later!  I'm entirely too intrigued not to want to be a part of this scenario.  I've tasted a drop of blood, so to speak... gotta follow it to its source, now! <3

I'll skim the topic for people who are looking to have a character with connection to them.  Because I am completely malleable about what character I would play, I welcome input from anyone with personality, age, or appearance specifics that they'd like me to consider incorporating.  I remember reading about a clinic doctor and a young, motherless girl, as well as a local barista (*edited to fix an error I made while skimming concepts).  I'd be equally interested in being familiar with either or both of you (as well as others who are planning to be a part of this). :)

A/A

o_O

Love And Submission

Question. Can we mark an NPC as Key ourselves or is that done at your discretion? I'm making  an eighteen year old student and I'm wondering how  his Parents will be handled since he's still under their command.

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: DTW on June 14, 2014, 12:07:34 AM
Question. Can we mark an NPC as Key ourselves or is that done at your discretion? I'm making  an eighteen year old student and I'm wondering how  his Parents will be handled since he's still under their command.

Key NPCs are Key because they are major figures in the meta plot. All other NPCs are considered background/filler/standard NPCs and played by the players themselves.
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

ClockworkShadow

I'm mulling over the idea of playing someone who has only moved to the town recently (say the last couple of months before this occurs).  I am really good at playing the shy, odd person. :P  I would most prefer to play a female (hetero or bi), but I'm open to other considerations (of a feminine inclination, granted), depending on what others are looking for, of course.

Players, whose characters I am very interested in interacting with and/or having a pre-existing connection with:

Madmartigan
Kokaine
EbonyQueen
Chrystal
Ciosa

[Edit]: Also, I am seeing a few mentions of a local blues artist.  I have an OOC passion for 30s/40s style blues/jazz, and would be intrigued by the opportunity to filter this love into an IC capacity.
:)

A/A

o_O

Kokaine

I am always up for connections or plotting. If you have an idea or wanna brainstorm just give me a poke :)
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Ciosa

ClockworkShadow

Quote from: Ciosa on June 14, 2014, 01:27:50 AM
PM sent!

Already replied  XD

Quote from: Kokaine on June 14, 2014, 01:04:46 AM
I am always up for connections or plotting. If you have an idea or wanna brainstorm just give me a poke :)

I would love to brainstorm.  Would you like to start a group PM with me and any of the others who respond with an interest to form a connection with my character type?  I'm open to a lot of different directions right now! :)

A/A

o_O

EbonyQueen

Quote from: ClockworkShadow on June 14, 2014, 12:30:07 AM
I'm mulling over the idea of playing someone who has only moved to the town recently (say the last couple of months before this occurs).  I am really good at playing the shy, odd person. :P  I would most prefer to play a female (hetero or bi), but I'm open to other considerations (of a feminine inclination, granted), depending on what others are looking for, of course.

Players, whose characters I am very interested in interacting with and/or having a pre-existing connection with:

Madmartigan
Kokaine
EbonyQueen
Chrystal
Ciosa

[Edit]: Also, I am seeing a few mentions of a local blues artist.  I have an OOC passion for 30s/40s style blues/jazz, and would be intrigued by the opportunity to filter this love into an IC capacity.
:)

I am still just putting my character together, so please feel free to get together with me and figure out any connections you'd like!

Nico

Okay, as it stands now, I am not going to join. I might keep an eye on it, but at the moment, I do not see any possibilities.

ClockworkShadow

Group PM started. :)  Anyone who wants to jump in on having some sort of a connection with my character and/or who my character will eventually have connections to, just speak up here or send me a PM to join in! <3

Nicholas, is there any chance that you'd be up for pitching some ideas, to help me shape a character that you'd be interested in interacting with?

A/A

o_O

Love And Submission

I'm pretty sure this is the most detailed sheet I've ever written. I hope it's good after all the work I've put into it.

ClockworkShadow

If you have submitted it, or would like my humble opinion/input, may I peruse it, DTW? :)

A/A

o_O

Love And Submission

ClockworkShadow

Picking over it right now! :)  It's quite brilliant!  Just a few rough ends, but nothing major. <3  I'll explain better in my PM reply. :)

A/A

o_O

Josietta

I'm thinking of playing a minister's only child. Her mother died a couple years ago from cancer. She is a seventeen year old virgin who has never done anything wrong other than smoking pot one time at camp (but if you ask her she didn't inhale so it doesn't count). I picture her as being very cautious and careful, maybe even a little bit of a pious sort of girl. Who -eventually- will break out of that innocent shell (this would likely be at least a couple weeks into the story) and just realize what freedom is like. Also, I'm thinking her father will be one of the ones that goes missing?

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Madriv

Quote from: Josietta on June 14, 2014, 10:39:27 AMI'm thinking of playing a minister's only child. Her mother died a couple years ago from cancer. She is a seventeen year old virgin who has never done anything wrong other than smoking pot one time at camp (but if you ask her she didn't inhale so it doesn't count).

Dammit, Josi. You make me want to write up another character just to get my hands all over that.  ;)

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Josietta on June 14, 2014, 10:39:27 AM
I'm thinking of playing a minister's only child. Her mother died a couple years ago from cancer. She is a seventeen year old virgin who has never done anything wrong other than smoking pot one time at camp (but if you ask her she didn't inhale so it doesn't count). I picture her as being very cautious and careful, maybe even a little bit of a pious sort of girl. Who -eventually- will break out of that innocent shell (this would likely be at least a couple weeks into the story) and just realize what freedom is like. Also, I'm thinking her father will be one of the ones that goes missing?

I love the idea. :) We could use some genuine innocents in the story. That said, I'm the one who gets to pick who poofs :D

ClockworkShadow

<won't be one of those innocents> >.>'; ::)

A/A

o_O

AmberStarfire

Did anyone ever watch American Gothic, way back when? This game reminds me of it for some reason. I think it's the small town setting.