You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 04, 2016, 04:33:49 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: What is a good free Anti-Spyware/Virus protection to use?  (Read 378 times)

Offline SyanyteTopic starter

What is a good free Anti-Spyware/Virus protection to use?
« on: June 08, 2014, 02:36:01 PM »
I was not sure where to post this but I was wondering,

What is the best free Anti-spyware/Virus protection out there that will scan and remove Virus's/Spyware found on the computer? With out having to get a paid version.

I have no clue about these things even though i am good with computers I suck when it comes to this stuff.

Thank you in advance for any help. ^_^

~Syanyte~

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Re: What is a good free Anti-Spyware/Virus protection to use?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 03:19:49 PM »
Veks has a number of recommendations in Elliquiy U.  I've personally had excellent luck with Avast, and have a copy of MalwareBytes Anti-Malware (M-BAM) for regular maintenance.

Offline SyanyteTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 03:24:19 PM »
Wow thank you Oniya, Someone recommended I use Avast though i may take a look As well as look through the recommendations from Veks. I also have MalwareBytes on my computer just got everything all cleaned up and my computer is running like it is new but I wanted to keep that going and I don't have a Anti-virus/Spyware thing on my computer so i thought I would ask for assistance. Thank you so much for your help. ^_^
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 03:27:30 PM by Syanyte »

Offline kylie

• Bratty Princess of Twisty, Creeping Secrets. Frilly | Fussy | Framed | Dreamy | Glam | Risky | Sporty | Rapt | Tease | Ironic | Shadowed | Struggling | Whispery | Bespelled
  • Liege
  • Enchanter
  • Darkly sweet femme for rich & insidious scenarios.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 12:06:38 AM »
           I've been using Avira, another of Veks' freebie recommendations, and pretty much always satisfied with it. 

It doesn't nag a lot about dropped connections or a little time away, in the way that some programs do.  Most of the time, I barely notice it's there.  But I haven't seen a great deal getting through, either.  And the few times I've suspected real trouble, it has picked stuff up on the active search and dealt with it.  It also gets stuff done without having to search your whole computer (or even worse, having to finish the full machine search in one go), which some still do not.   :-)

Offline Psi

• Between Heaven and Hell and having a great time playing the middle.
  • Lord
  • Enchanted
  • Lost within your pretty green eyes
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 04:48:07 AM »
I use MS Security Essentials and its corporate version - MS System Centre Endpoint Protection all the time.

One advantage, as long as you do windows updates regularly, the program itself is self-updating - unlike other packages.  (I am talking engine not definitions)
In our case, I enforce automatic installation of Important Updates - and push third party updates such as Flash / Java etc.

Offline Rogue

• The Bratling ~ her Mx ~ they/them unless other pronouns/gender are specified please~
  • Champion
  • Addict
  • ~Edenmon Master~ ~GenderFluid~
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2014, 01:55:12 PM »
Gonna throw up my support for avast. Because it comes with a preinstalled Boot Scan option that you can set up to run every so often... Or manually set up as well.

Useful for when you can't really boot your cpu.

Offline The Dark Raven

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2014, 09:51:34 PM »
I use MS Security Essentials.  I have used Avast, AVG, Norton, etc and none were anything but headaches for me.

Offline Scott

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2014, 09:46:00 AM »
If you can come up with the money ESET is worth every cent, CCleaner is free and works well too.

Offline Far eyes

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2014, 04:21:13 PM »
Been using Avast for years now, never had any problems with it