Hey! Thank you for taking the opportunity to click this thread. Let me be the first person to say, we as a community of writers, would be thrilled to have you create a character for our story. I do understand joining what can be considered a "big game" can be intimidating but hopefully this thread will alleviate your fears and erase any reservations you might feel towards joining this corner of E! Who is this RP open to?
First, let's tackle that term: Big Game. Even though Witch house has its own forum, it still acts very much like a rural town rather than a metropolitan city. Everyone within this game is friendly and accepting of others. Diversity, whether if of race, religion, sexual orientation, or what have you, is not only encouraged but genuinely accepted within this game. All we really ask of a potential writer is to actively involve their characters within the story and respect their co-writers within the OOC. We prefer to leave all drama and chaos to our characters. Why is this game in the extreme section?
Don't let the forum in which Witch house is placed deter you from creating a character. Witch house is placed in the Extreme section because it allows our writers freedom without constantly worrying if something does not fit a particular section of Elliquiy. In our opinion, Extreme is a one size fits all type of pants. With that said, no one will attempt or try to coerce you into writing what you are not comfortable with. If such happens, please inform the GMs and it will be taken care of accordingly. Hopefully that will not happen as our writers are considerate and would never intentionally try to place you within that type of situation. Thus far, Witch house had not had any scenes which are categorized as "true extreme" such as gore, bathroom play, or bestiality. What is Witch house about anyway?
Witch house is a freeform sandbox type of story which takes place in New York City within the year 2013. So it is a fairly modern and realistic game. It is centered around a group of trouble and lost inhabitants who have their own series of flaws which are developed for the better or worse throughout the course of their story. Whichever path you wish your character to take is completely up to you. Witch house if full of drama, humour, romance, and tension. There are several plot lines simultaneously running and the game is themed around the interaction of characters and their relation to each other.
So, pretty much, if you want to create a character who is disturbed either psychological to have a lack of moral center, struggling with perhaps a drug addiction, or just got caught up with the wrong type of crowd then this game is for you. If you want to play a character who is not disturbed, that's fine too! However, they might be corrupted by those around them or they could possibly pull some characters from their dark holes of despair. That's the beauty of Witch House. What does the tagline 'addiction unites us' mean?
Addiction is a common theme throughout the game for nearly all of the characters. All of them are addicted to something whether if it is drugs, pain, another individual, or their past. Types of characters you can play?
Most of our characters are in their twenties. For the sake of character relations, I would recommend you create a character within the range of perhaps 17 to 25 years of age. As stated earlier, you can pretty much create whatever type of character you want. New York is home to a vast assortment of people who come from all types of backgrounds. It is home to recently immigrated families, the poor, the rich, and those who have moved from other states. However, outright psychopaths, murderers, or anything of the sort will be denied. Your character doesn't have to be full of cheer but villains who are hellbent on mass destruction are not desired. If you're interested in creating a character, please fill out the below character sheet. Send to Dancing Flower.
If you also have any questions, concerns, or just want feedback about your idea, please send us a message. I am more than happy to help you craft your first character.
Are you still uncertain of what type of character to create?
[size=14pt]Write your character's name here[/size]
[IMG]*insert link here*[/img][IMG]*insert link here*[/img]
[IMG]*insert link here*[/img][IMG]*insert link here*[/img][/center]
[b]History:[/b] What is your character's childhood? What have they been doing in recent years? Are they natives of New York or recently moved there for personal reasons? All of these questions do not need to be answered. It's just to give you a little push on what can be written within this section. Please write two or three paragraphs.
[b]Personal Style:[/b] What does your character usually wear on a daily basis?
[b]Theme song:[/b] Is there a song which directly speaks to your character?
[b]Player:[/b] *insert your Elliquiy name here*
Don't feel bad or become annoyed. We have another option available for you. Witch house has pre-made characters which are available for you to take over. They come with a loose history which you can alter as you see fit and they already have friendships or enemies with other characters within the story.
Pre-made characters available:
Damien was born in L.A., California. He grew up fast and became a hell of a con artist before finally settling into the business of drug dealing. He runs a cartel using the facade of a carnival. He has a seductive charm and lives a fast, glamourous kind of life. He's all about money, drugs and sex. Above all else he likes to be entertained, often finding himself bored with ordinary life. He's clever, charming and devilish.
Yvette was born and raised in South Africa and speaks both English and Afrikaans, but has a thick Afrikaans accent even when speaking English. Her parents who live in South Africa still, are very wealthy and leave Yvette with a plentiful allowance to play with. Yvette is currently attending one of the most prestigious fashion universities in New York. She met Yuri at a party and quickly developed strong feelings for the rebellious young man, though she is sure those feelings aren't mutual as Yuri is seemingly incapable of truly caring for another. Yet, she still pursues him hoping that some day he might learn to.Roman
Roman is the younger brother of Yuri. The two, once very close are now at odds with each other. Roman especially hates Yuri and blames their mother's death on him. Unlike Yuri, Roman never picked up much of an accent. Roman is scheming, scandalous and mischievous. He enjoys toying with others and their feelings. He enjoys pushing Yuri to his limits. He bears a resemblance to Yuri, but his eyes are a deep blue, unlike Yuri's blue-green eyes and he keeps his hair longer.
Game Master Info / GM(s) Participation Level (If/where applicable)
- What section of E will this game be located? Is it a system game? This game will be placed in the extreme section of E. It's a freeform game.
- Who is the RP open to? We're open to all races, genders, sexualities, etc.
- Short Summary of Player Roles and General Story/Plot. Witch house is a freeform sandbox type of story which takes place in New York City within the year 2013. So it is a fairly modern and realistic game. It is centered around a group of trouble and lost inhabitants who have their own series of flaws which are developed for the better or worse throughout the course of their story. Whichever path you wish your character to take is completely up to you. Witch house if full of drama, humour, romance, and tension. There are several plot lines simultaneously running and the game is themed around the interaction of characters and their relation to each other.
- Setting? The game takes place in modern New York City.
- Game Pacing? We are a leisurely paced game. Sometimes our writers post quickly like within two days but other times it can take longer.
- How much sexual activity is likely to occur or expected, if any? Sex happens within the story although it isn't really the focal point for all characters. Some characters are more driven by it however it is sometimes laced with manipulation or desire for something more than physical gratification.
- Is there a tagging used within post? Yes, you can find an example of how it will be arranged within the first post of each in-character thread.
- Will there be a Co-GM? No.
- How guided will the play be(sandbox, directed etc)? This is a sandbox game. Most of the plot created is through the ingenuity of our writers. The GM is there to make sure you get connections within the game and to sometimes guide you towards character interaction. Sometimes there are main social events for all characters to swarm around.
- What extent will players be allowed to create/use environment or setting details? New York is super big and has tons of crap to do. Use it! But, yes there is always a but, certain stuff like cops chasing someone in a getaway chase would need to be approved first to ensure the circumstances are realistic. <3
- How NPC's will be handled? To be continued...Need to think on this one
- How active will the GM be? Octy is pretty much here every day. Dancing flower is around E every day as well.
- Will there be an OOC thread? Yes, there is an OOC. Use it to talk with your fellow writers about plots and whatever comes to mind. I would prefer if interaction was kept at light flirting but nothing cyberish.
- How to contact/approach GM with questions? You can use the OOC thread or send a pm message. Whatever you prefer.
- How will decisions be resolved? Decisions will be resolved through Dancing Flower. I do sometimes ask for group opinion but the final decision is GM law.
- What Writing style/POV? Third person, past tense, ability to write 3-8 paragraphs