Elluiki uses and limitations questions

Started by TwoHundredTabs, May 31, 2014, 09:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TwoHundredTabs

I'd like to get some clarification about what, exactly, we're allowed to do with the Wiki.

For example:

* Is there a limit on how many pages we can create? (Perhaps not hard-coded, but as far as etiquette or site rules)
* Can we use the Wiki to do collaborative writing/editing? (i.e. by making a new Wiki page to host a single story, and editing the page together as we write)
* What are the character and/or byte limits on the length of Elluiki pages? (Perhaps not hard-coded, but per etiquette or a recommendation related to page loading times)
* Are we allowed to make Choose-Your-Own-Adventure stories with the Wiki? (i.e. by making a series of pages in a new category and linking from one page to another so that there are branching story paths)
* What special extensions for MediaWiki have been installed to the Elluiki? (I noticed it's not version 2 of the software, so there are limits for Elluiki compared to other wiki sites.)

I searched around the forums, but didn't find any info. I also didn't see a "rules" page on the Elluiki itself. I might have missed something, though.
[tr]   [td]
.............................................  [/td]   [td][/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td][/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td][/td]   [td] [/td]   [td].............................................  [/td]   [/tr]   [tr]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td]
Hover over a link to see a description
[/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [/tr][tr]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] [/td]   [td] .............................................  [/td]   [/tr][/table]

Vekseid

* Is there a limit on how many pages we can create? (Perhaps not hard-coded, but as far as etiquette or site rules)

Just keep it organized, please. Remember to use the private namespace - https://elliquiy.com/wiki/Private: appropriately.

* Can we use the Wiki to do collaborative writing/editing? (i.e. by making a new Wiki page to host a single story, and editing the page together as we write)

Certainly, just see above.

* What are the character and/or byte limits on the length of Elluiki pages? (Perhaps not hard-coded, but per etiquette or a recommendation related to page loading times)

I believe they are MEDIUMBLOB columns, so are limited to 16 megabytes.

* Are we allowed to make Choose-Your-Own-Adventure stories with the Wiki? (i.e. by making a series of pages in a new category and linking from one page to another so that there are branching story paths)

Certainly, just see above.

* What special extensions for MediaWiki have been installed to the Elluiki? (I noticed it's not version 2 of the software, so there are limits for Elluiki compared to other wiki sites.)

https://elliquiy.com/wiki/Special:Version

We're using the LTS release, and probably will be on 1.19 for awhile longer yet (since I need to update Auth_SMF to each new version, sticking with LTS is just sane >_>)

Edit: You can ask for other extensions, but they'll need to have LTS support.