You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 04, 2016, 08:23:57 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Elluiki uses and limitations questions  (Read 234 times)

Offline TwoHundredTabsTopic starter

Elluiki uses and limitations questions
« on: May 31, 2014, 09:24:51 PM »
I'd like to get some clarification about what, exactly, we're allowed to do with the Wiki.

For example:

* Is there a limit on how many pages we can create? (Perhaps not hard-coded, but as far as etiquette or site rules)
* Can we use the Wiki to do collaborative writing/editing? (i.e. by making a new Wiki page to host a single story, and editing the page together as we write)
* What are the character and/or byte limits on the length of Elluiki pages? (Perhaps not hard-coded, but per etiquette or a recommendation related to page loading times)
* Are we allowed to make Choose-Your-Own-Adventure stories with the Wiki? (i.e. by making a series of pages in a new category and linking from one page to another so that there are branching story paths)
* What special extensions for MediaWiki have been installed to the Elluiki? (I noticed it's not version 2 of the software, so there are limits for Elluiki compared to other wiki sites.)

I searched around the forums, but didn't find any info. I also didn't see a "rules" page on the Elluiki itself. I might have missed something, though.

Offline Vekseid

Re: Elluiki uses and limitations questions
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 11:24:19 PM »
* Is there a limit on how many pages we can create? (Perhaps not hard-coded, but as far as etiquette or site rules)

Just keep it organized, please. Remember to use the private namespace - https://elliquiy.com/wiki/Private: appropriately.

* Can we use the Wiki to do collaborative writing/editing? (i.e. by making a new Wiki page to host a single story, and editing the page together as we write)

Certainly, just see above.

* What are the character and/or byte limits on the length of Elluiki pages? (Perhaps not hard-coded, but per etiquette or a recommendation related to page loading times)

I believe they are MEDIUMBLOB columns, so are limited to 16 megabytes.

* Are we allowed to make Choose-Your-Own-Adventure stories with the Wiki? (i.e. by making a series of pages in a new category and linking from one page to another so that there are branching story paths)

Certainly, just see above.

* What special extensions for MediaWiki have been installed to the Elluiki? (I noticed it's not version 2 of the software, so there are limits for Elluiki compared to other wiki sites.)

https://elliquiy.com/wiki/Special:Version

We're using the LTS release, and probably will be on 1.19 for awhile longer yet (since I need to update Auth_SMF to each new version, sticking with LTS is just sane >_>)

Edit: You can ask for other extensions, but they'll need to have LTS support.