Mr. & Mr. Smith
M/M. Retired Hitman/Rookie Hitman. Suburbia. Psychological. Crime. Morbid Humor. Dark themes.
▫ ▪ ▫
The basic premise for this story idea is two hitman meet through an online dating site. Attracted to each other’s respective façade of normalcy they marry after a whirlwind dating period and start a life in the suburbs together while ignorant of each other’s background as a professional killer. While matrimony marks the retirement of one of them it marks the beginning of the other’s career. The experienced one throws himself into his new normal life with gusto and the rookie appreciates having a home to return to after successful hits. But eventually the lull of suburbia and the end of the honeymoon period leads to marital problems.
I’d love to explore the delicate balance act of the two characters trying to keep their past (in the retired hitman’s case) or current “business” activities (in the rookie’s case) hidden. And the struggles or pressures that crop up when professional killers play at normalcy by helping out in neighborhood church bake sales or going to dinner parties with charades as the main event. Even the evolution of semi-satisfying but still strained or even incompatible vanilla sex into passionate, kinky, and more than slightly dangerous sexual encounters as they start to drop their “nice and normal” masks with each other.
Please PM me if this idea tickles your interest. Don't post in this thread. Thanks!Pertinent Information
- Sometimes I post daily, but sometimes it might be a week or two before I reply. And when real life happens it happens. I’m looking for a writing partner that will be content with a relaxed pace for the story.
- Forum only. I like to use YIM/AIM or PMs to discuss details about the story and plot, but not for fully writing out scenes.
- I have the character that I’d like to write in this story halfway fleshed out in my head. I can change a few little details about him if a partner asks, but overall he’s going to come as he is. I’ve already worked out his name, his appearance, and some of his personality.
- I’m looking for someone interested in writing the retired hitman. My writing partner has freedom in creating him. They can choose his name, appearance, personality, etc. All I ask is that he meshes well with my own character so he should probably be a top or a versatile switch. Note that his retired status doesn’t necessarily mean that there needs to be an age difference between the characters.
- I’m also looking for someone capable and excited to include supporting characters in the story. I don’t want the two hitman to exist in a vacuum. I’d like to feature and have the main characters interact with friends, coworkers, neighbors, and maybe even a couple’s counselor.
- I am looking for the characters to genuinely care for each other, even if that love is very twisted, dark, full of holes, and they potentially end up being a bit mutually abusive.
- I’m happy to rework some of the premise or add in brand new elements according to my partner’s interests. We’ll just have to talk about it! I want to collaborate on a story beyond what has been laid out so far.
- Idea shamelessly inspired by “Mr. and Mrs. Smith” and “Killers”.