You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 06, 2016, 08:20:17 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: American Gods (Mythology oriented rps F for M)  (Read 188 times)

Offline RayneTopic starter

American Gods (Mythology oriented rps F for M)
« on: May 25, 2014, 11:54:09 PM »
So I'm about two hundred pages into Neil Gaiman's novel American Gods and find the concept quite fascinating.
What happened when people came to America with their old beliefs in leprechauns and fairies and Norse, Greek and Egyptian gods? What if those various gods were living among us now as taxi drivers, or the rowdy fellow at the bar, or the lonely hitchhiker along the road? 
I figure the concept would be quite fun to rp and am looking for a partner. I haven't quite decided if this should be an rp between one god and one woman... or a string of episodic meetings between different characters.
If we go with the first idea, I could see it being a one night stand that progresses into a romance. Perhaps at first he keeps his real self a secret and reveals his otherworldly powers over time, or perhaps he courts her right off the bat as his true self and wants to take her away to the god's realm with him.
On the other hand if we went with an episodic rp I could see us exploring far more kinks.

Anyways, here are some ideas I currently have:
-While on a camping trip with her college friends my character breaks from the group and wanders off on her own into the woods. Perhaps she goes skinny dipping in the river, or wanders into a secluded glade, where she meets a handsome woodsman who is the spirit/ guardian of the forest.

-My character goes for a run or perhaps has a car break down when it starts to rain harder than she's ever seen in her life. Taking shelter somewhere dry like a park pavilion or an abandoned barn she finds another drenched and stranded traveler who is actually the cause of the storm.

-My character is a classics, theater, or a music major, and also has an interest in mythology. She goes to the campus library fairly regularly to read on the topic. Your character, pretending to be a fellow student or another on campus presence notices her and eventually makes his move (could see him being Apollo or another god interested in the mentioned majors above).

And lastly, for a more urban setting our pair could meet at a bar or nightclub and after a few drinks leave together, where your character reveals himself to be Dionysus or any number of gods that enjoy a night of debauchery.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 06:41:16 PM by Rayne »