Star Wars SAGA: The Mandalorian Wars (Redux)

Started by Inerrant Lust, May 25, 2014, 01:50:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muse

Miroque, I don't think that's in effect in this erra.  :) 

Carny, those are some fun ideas.  If this guy doesn't go over well, it might be fun to try a lythe littl twi'lek guy who becomes a Jedi Seninel... 

Anyways, here are two versions of Zebron Marr, a Miraluka who gained some education on his home world--including USe of the Force, ten joined the jedi order in his twenties. 

The first version is more of an educated sort, who has improved upon his Miraluka extrasensory abilites. 

The second version was what we would call an ROTC student, who served in his planetary defense force from 18-22, then became a jedi. He's skilled in the use of armor. 

Zeron Marr 1

Name:      Zebron Marr
Class:      Noble 2, Jedi 3
Species:   Miraluka

Age      24
Height:   6' 1”
Weight:   200lbs
Build:      Athletic
Skin:      
Hair:      
Eyes:      None
Style      

Dark Side Points   0
Destiny Points      ?
Force Points      7

Strength   14   +2
Dexterity   8   -1
Constitution   16   +3
Intelligence   14   +2
Wisdom   16   +3
Charisma   12   +1

Hit Points   42

Defenses
Fortitude   15   +1   +3   +0   =19
Reflex      15   +1   -1   +1   =16
Will      15   +2   +3   +0   =20

Base Attack   +4
Melee      +6
Missile      +3

Combat Gloves
TAB      +6
Damage   d6+5

Light Saber
TAB      +6
Damage   2d8+6

Feats
Force Sensitive
Force Training x2
Linguist
Martial Arts I
Skill Focus: Use the Force
Weapon Proficiency: Light Sabers
Weapon Proficiency: Pistols
Weapon Proficiency: Simple Weapons

Force Powers
Battle Strike
Far Seeing
Force Slam x2
Mind Trick
Move Object
Negate Energy
Vital Transfer

Skills
Gather Information   2   +5   +1   +0   +0   =d20+8
Initiative      2   +5   -1   +0   +0   =d20+6
K. Galactic Lore   2   +5   +2   +0   +0   =d20+9
Perception      2   +5   +3   +0   +0   =d20+10
Persuasion      2   +5   +1   +0   +0   =d20+8
Pilot         2   +0   -1   +0   +0   =d20+1
Treat Injury      2   +5   +3   +0   +0   =d20+10
Use Computer      2   +5   +2   +0   +0   =d20+9
Use the Force      2   +5   +1   +5   +0   =d20+13

Talents
Block
Deflect
Improved Force Sight

Zebron Marr 2

Name:      Zebron Marr
Class:      Soldier 3, Jedi 2
Species:   Miraluka

Age      24
Height:   6' 1”
Weight:   200lbs
Build:      Athletic
Skin:      
Hair:      
Eyes:      None
Style      

Dark Side Points   0
Destiny Points      ?
Force Points      7

Strength   14   +2
Dexterity   8   -1
Constitution   16   +3
Intelligence   14   +2
Wisdom   16   +3
Charisma   12   +1

Hit Points   55

Defenses
Fortitude   15   +2   +3   +0   =20
Reflex      15   +1   -1   +1   =16
Will      15   +1   +3   +0   =19

Base Attack   +5
Melee      +7
Missile      +4

Combat Gloves
TAB      +7
Damage   d6+5

Light Saber
TAB      +7
Damage   2d8+6

L 1 Force Sensitive, Force Training
L 3 Force Training
S. 2 Martial Arts 1
J. 2 Skill Focus: Use The Force

Feats
Armor Proficiency: Light
Armor Proficiency: Medium
Force Sensitive
Force Training x2
Martial Arts I
Skill Focus: Use the Force
Weapon Proficiency: Light Sabers
Weapon Proficiency: Pistols
Weapon Proficiency: Rifles
Weapon Proficiency: Simple Weapons

Force Powers
Battle Strike
Far Seeing
Force Slam x2
Mind Trick
Move Object
Negate Energy
Vital Transfer

Skills
Mechanics      2   +5   +2   +0   +0   =d20+9
Perception      2   +5   +3   +0   +0   =d20+10
Treat Injury      2   +5   +3   +0   +0   =d20+10
Use Computer      2   +5   +2   +0   +0   =d20+9
Use the Force      2   +5   +1   +5   +0   =d20+13

Talents
Armor Mastery
Armor Mastery, Improved
Force Intuition

Desired Gear: 
Bracer Computer
Corillian Power Suit
Medical Supplies
Utility Belt
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Miroque

I left the destiny open for GM, as I dont think its player choosable in any case.

RubySlippers

Question if I train in two weapon fighting can I start with a double blades lightsaber or two lightsabers depending on my preferences?

Blackflow

Oh, excellent!  I've been feeling the urge to Saga a lot lately, and this is a time period I haven't played in before, so if there's still room, I'd like to advance Lun Whent for consideration.

Lun is an Umbaran male Jedi with relatively broad skill training and with a knack for telekinetic applications of the Force.  He would definitely be a Consular in the KotOR games, but he's only in his early twenties and was knighted very recently.  His Force talents are rather at odds with his skillset, as I find the dichotomy interesting to explore.

Lun Whent

Personality
Rarely given to expressions more extreme than a sly quirk of his lips or a minute widening of his eyes, Lun Whent nevertheless strives to be a helpful individual, friendly in his own way.  He has "one of those faces" that seems to invite trust and confidence from others, and will gladly listen to most anything, interjecting with advice that is usually terse but insightful.  One of the few things he takes obvious joy in is manipulating the Force, and he has on occasion displayed a mischievous streak with it, relying on his excellent poker face to deflect blame from himself.  However, this has left him somewhat lax in the more cerebral aspects of the Force, and also displays a tendency towards sudden brash action, despite often knowing better.

Appearance
Lun is slightly shorter than average and has a slight, graceful build.  His bald head and vibrant eyes lend him an intense, intelligent look, one that can seem unnerving.  Lacking any normal signs of age, his bluish skin is stretched taut over prominent cheekbones; while not quite gaunt, he nevertheless appears slightly underfed.  Normally he dresses in tight tunics, slightly more tailored and fashionable than the standard Jedi attire, but wearing the normal brown robes when venturing out into the field.  His lightsaber, crafted to resemble an oversize stylus, has a pale blue blade.

Backstory
Lun Whent was the child of an Umbaran diplomat and her consort.  Lun's mother used her connections to bury the results of Lun's Force sensitivity test at birth, instead wanting to ground him in Umbaran culture before giving him the opportunity to become a Jedi.  Instead, he gained an understanding of political theory and galactic affairs, and had suspicions that he might be Force sensitive for years before his tenth birthday, when his mother told him and gave him the choice to present himself to the Jedi Order.  He accepted, and was apprenticed to Jedi Knight Orian Nam, a veteran of the Great Sith War.  Years later, while investigating ancient Sith ruins on Ambria, they were separated and his master killed by a group of Pirates, on the run from Republic justice and hiding out on the remote planet.  Lun was able to survive by joining them, ditching his lightsaber and pretending to be the survivor of a crashed ship, and spent months in their company before managing to escape offworld.  This experience instilled in him a certain hardness, having had to allow certain tragedies to occur under his nose when he could do nothing about them, but he used his telekinetic abilities to free a captive pilot and her crew, going with them back to the Republic and the Order.

His apprenticeship was resumed with the Chagrian Master Joulen Bartarius, who tried in vain to nurture Lun's less flashy abilities and instill in him an understanding of the unifying Force.  However, due to his previous courage and skill under adversity, and his abilities meeting certain minimums, Lun was knighted approximately six months ago.  Since then, he has gone on few assignments as the Jedi Council continues to deliberate on the proper response to the growing Mandalorian threat.

Character Sheet
Umbaran Noble 1/Soldier 1/Jedi 3
Init +4; Senses Perception +11, Darkvision

DEFENSES
Reflex 18, Fortitude 18, Will 21
HP 33 (18 + 4x2.5 + 5 con)
FP 7
Defense Options Block, Deflect, intercept, rebuke (Use the Force +15)

OFFENSE
Speed 6 squares (30 ft)
Melee +4 Lightsaber (2d8+2)

Force Powers (Use the Force +15)
force disarm, force slam, intercept (JATM), levitate (CWCG), move object, rebuke

STATISTICS
Str 10 Dex 14 Con 12 Int 12 Wis 18 Cha 16
Base Atk +4
Talents Telekinetic Savant, Telekinetic Prodigy (FUCG), Block, Deflect
Feats Force Sensitivity, Skill Focus (Gather Information), Linguist, Weapon Prof (simple, pistols), Armor Prof (light), Weapon Prof (lightsaber), Force Training, Skill Focus (Use the Force)
Skills Deception +10, Gather Information +15, Knowledge (Galactic Lore) +8, Perception +11, Persuasion +10,  Stealth +4 (may reroll but must keep second roll), Use Computer +8, Use the Force +15
Languages Basic, Umbarese, Huttese, Mando'a, Sith
Possessions Lightsaber, Jedi Robes
He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder.

Inerrant Lust

Ruby; Yes.

Blackflow: Hmmm. Well, I had in mind the first scene would be Merynn speaking with her padawan and some of his or her friends about the upcoming war and the Revanchist.

So far, it looks like Lun is already actively working the Republic.

I should mention that in this particular story, the Jedi Council has pretty much forbidden helping the Republic or going to war. They are not actively opposing it, but are more or less considering anyone who does so a former member of the Order.

Also an aside note, part of the reason my backstory was so long was because I went looking into the lore behind Jedi Knighthood.. and since I wanted a character that had something of a life before the order while also being in long enough to undergo all the trials to become a knight- I had to get creative. ;)

Also, literally everyone except Miroque (myself included) has a dead master. I just find that hilarious. :P

RubySlippers

Mine died violating the Jedi Council reminds me of Qui-gon Jinn so likely my character follows her own heart and the Living Force guides her. So yes if they won't act she will if the Republic falls so with the Jedi Order.

Oh about Lightsaber Forms does a Jedi start with any, seems odd they would not have learned one from their Master.

Muse

Hm? 

Oh, I didn't think of who hmy guy's imediate trainer mgiht have been.  don't see any need for him/her to be dead. 

I.L., do you like those guys?  Would you like to take a look at my Twi'lek and see if you like him better? 

Blackflow

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on May 26, 2014, 01:59:34 PMBlackflow: Hmmm. Well, I had in mind the first scene would be Merynn speaking with her padawan and some of his or her friends about the upcoming war and the Revanchist.

So far, it looks like Lun is already actively working the Republic.

I should mention that in this particular story, the Jedi Council has pretty much forbidden helping the Republic or going to war. They are not actively opposing it, but are more or less considering anyone who does so a former member of the Order.

Also an aside note, part of the reason my backstory was so long was because I went looking into the lore behind Jedi Knighthood.. and since I wanted a character that had something of a life before the order while also being in long enough to undergo all the trials to become a knight- I had to get creative. ;)

Also, literally everyone except Miroque (myself included) has a dead master. I just find that hilarious. :P
Ah my bad.  I presumed that Padawans would simply not be allowed to go their own way so I figured he should be a new Knight and thus needed his own assignments, and I did not realize Jedi were forbidden from helping the Republic at all, not just the war effort.  I'll be happy to change those aspects if those assumptions were wrong.

Also, I only have one dead master  :P.  I have one live one ready and rarin' to go!  Honestly, being a Jedi is a dangerous job especially at this time period, so I figured it made sense, and as an added bonus somewhat explains the multiclassing.
He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder.

RubySlippers

Like her good Master would say, if the Council won't do what must be done he will the Living Force will guide.   ;D

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on May 26, 2014, 01:59:34 PM

Not quite everyone. Shaala's master isn't dead. He just doesn't oppose her going.

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:
Savage Worlds of My Little Pony <- Just what it says. Free supplement for SW. (Or any other MLP RP!!! :D)
Eclipse Phase <- Posthuman grit SF, open source, downloadable from their web site. VERY deep worldbuilding.
Cold City <- Espionage meets the Lovecraftian supernatural. Allies in post-war Berlin chasing down the results of secret Nazi experiments
a|state <- Post-apocalyptic sort-of-steampunk, sort-of-high tech roleplay in a massive, decaying, broken-down city-state.

RubySlippers

Finished my character but not sure if she will go for a prestige class or not. There are role-playing benefits at some point just telling the Jedi Council to f*** off (nicely) and follow ones own path along Jedi lines.

Inerrant Lust

Just so I can keep track;

Merynn S'Jet; Twi'lek Female, 31 years old.
Vel´Kyn Adaris; Cathar Female, 16 years old.
Sarana Fry'tha; Zabrak Female,
Shaala Daal; Togrutan Female, 19 years old.
Zebron Marr; Miralukan Male, 24 years old.
Lun Whent; Umbaran Male,

I will note that, for at least the Jedi characters, I'm very interested in seeing ones who are more on the naive side- a little less worldly than normal, cloistered in the temple as they might be. As before, this would strengthen the narrative of the young Jedi being opened up to a world where the rules of the Jedi Council are not enforced, or at least very loosely forced. Even Merynn joined the order as a preteen, which is considered late, and as a result you can expect to see her trying to maintain an air of confidence and understanding.

A few notes about the setting, particularly for Ruby and Miroque; the Mandalorians either convert conquered peoples to their side or genocidally wipe them out. The Cathar are basically nomads and refugees across the galaxy at this point because the Mandalorians conquered their planet, herded many of the survivors into the sea and drowned or shot them. This genocide was actually what sparked Revan to rally the Jedi to the Republic's defense.

The Zabrak homeworld was occupied by the Mandalorians for a time, and their colonies remained occupied for a much longer time, becoming a source of conscripts. Many Zabrak joined the Republic military in vengeance. The Zeltron home planet was also recently conquered, and a character of that species would have rather interesting effects on Merynn, I think...

Miroque

@Inerrant Lust: Groovy.. well...not... as Cathars are quite revengeful people... Somethign Vel tried to hold back, as it leads to darkside, and as all know, Darkside dont offer cookies...

and as you posted, 1-3 players, how many do you actually want?

Mysterica

Well... late as it may be I am going to try and throw my own hat into the ring.  This is a character I made at one point for a non-system game that kinda lacked any real direction and didn't get to have a real chance so it will take me a short time to flesh her out with crunch, but my basic plan is for a defensive focused jedi wielding two guard shoto.

Player Name: Mysterica
Character Name: Myara
Species: Zeltron
Sex: Female

Appearance:

Skin: Hot Pink
Hair: Hot Pink
Eyes: Purple
Weight: 117 lbs
Height: 5'4"

Information:
Personality: Myara is typically a happy, enthusiastic girl willing to get along with everyone.  She tries to manipulate any situation into a pleasant experience, although that has at times been known to completely cause her to miss the meaning behind certain menial tasks.  She has a deep fondness for beauty which has at times caused her not quite to see eye to eye with her masters as tradition and beauty don't always go hand in hand.

Brief Bio: Myara was always considered a bit of an odd one on her home world of Zeltros.  While she enjoyed beauty, music, and entertainment she just couldn't allow it to be all that there was in her life.  She always felt that something was... missing.  She wanted to go out and explore the galaxy, to learn and experience more than what her home could offer.

What's more, she had taken to some rather odd habits.  Rather than spending the majority of her time at the theater, an amusement park, or some other child friendly place, she was frequently off on her own finding joy by turning the local architecture into an obstacle course of sorts, all of which required a fair bit of balance, agility, and at times proper timing to navigate.

All too soon these courses, which her peers had great difficulty traversing and ultimately grew bored of, became far too routine for Myara and simply became shortcuts.  She then began working to construct her own proper courses which she could modify to make more difficult once they became too easy.

Word began to get around about a peculiar young woman performing rather stunning feats of agility and it wasn't long before she began to be showcased for her talents.  Before long she was off on a journey to distant planets as part of a traveling group serving as a form of advertisement to bring foreigners to the 'vacation planet' Zeltros.

It was on one of these trips that Myara began to receive the attention of a jedi by the name of Eliru Qeewan who seemed to believe that her acrobatic feats could be a manifestation of The Force, and after a few tests was invited to go to the Jedi Academy to begin training.  The very idea of her becoming jedi was beyond amazing and without a second thought she agreed and set off an a new adventure.

Inerrant Lust

Hmm. Well, I don't want to have too many. If I can be absolutely sure that someone will post and not go inactive then I don't mind stretching the limit. As for what I was looking for originally... I wanted 1 male as a romantic interest for Merynn and other NPCs (Part of the forbidden romance schtick that accompanies leaving behind the Jedi Order's prohibitions against such things) and possibly one female to also be involved in a romantic subplot with that male or another NPC. Then you could have an external character, one who presents the world outside the order- ie; a republic officer assigned to the group as their handler.

So 3 seemed like the number to go with, but I do so loathe to turn people down..

ShadowFox89

Wow, this already got a massive recruitment :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Ghostwheel

Attis Dalera, Nagai, Republic Trooper

War is a harsh mistress, and Attis knew her well. For years he had been fighting on the front line, trying as he could to fight back the Mandalorian hordes, but they never stopped. Two years ago he had finally gotten his due retirement--not because the war had ended, far from that. Also not due to any injury. He had simply finished his term of service, and hoped to get back into civilian life. But it would not stay that way for long...

As a young child, Attis grew up under the watchful eye of the Republic far from the heart of civilization. Even back then, there were whispers of the Mandalorians who would come to get you at night were you not the perfect child. It was told that they were fearsome and savage, willing to hunt any prey and destroy anything for their objective. The Outer Rim had meant nothing to them, and despite the untold number who had fallen before their weapons, their bloodlust had remained unquenched and unsated.

Hearing tales of war, Attis like most of his peers were told to prepare for war. And finally war came. Trained at the national academy, he achieved among the highest grades in his class for marksmanship, and was quickly made a trooper. He thought it would all be fantastic, fighting on the front lines in a heroic display that would woo the women and make males green with jealousy. But it was nothing like that. Stuck on a troop ship, the hours were long and time dragged on until he got to the front line. And then everything became even worse.

Friends he had made at the academy were mowed down. Time and time again he was thrown into the crucible, and a few times he barely made it out, leaving more than a few trophies in his wake, with scars to attest to them. Days were spent cold and hungry as supply lines were cut off only to be reconnected weeks later, and carefully-placed ambushes were foiled by Mandalorian scouts. The Republic desperately needed a new factor to turn the tide of war. The Jedi.

But the Jedi did not answer the call. They never came to aid, those shining beacons of th Force that should have been there among the troopers, throwing discord and disarray into the lines of Mandalore, able to sense the ambushes before they were sprung, able to save a few of the men with near-mortal wounds. And so, Attis, like many of the men in his squad, became disillusioned by the Jedi.

Finally his term was completed some years later, and he returned to the civilian life. But oftimes he dreams of the battlefield once more, of blaster fire echoing and the smell of burnt flesh. The war still calls to him, as bad as it was, and he could never find rest alongside his people who continued to live their peaceful lives--lives that were protected only by the sacrifices his brothers made when they had been cut down by the hordes.

This changed when one day he received a deployment letter. Twenty-eight years old, and they needed him back... but when he inquired further, it was for no frontline job. No, they needed someone they trusted to act as a "handler" for Jedi on some sort of mission. On one hand he resented the Jedi--where were they when his men were dying? But on the other, at least it was a military position... and perhaps with luck he could foist the job onto someone else and return to the front lines and get back to the job of saving men who counted on him to watch their backs.

RubySlippers

I have a question do you gain Dark Side points for knowing how to do a Dark Side Power or do you only get that for USING it, just thinking as a Gray Jedi she might later reflect on the Dark Side gaining a small insight into its mysteries but might not use it but be damned tempted at some key point in game. But I don't want to tip to there just gaining one power.

Inerrant Lust

No, you only gain dark side points for using them.

However, you can be assured that I as a GM will tempt you from time to time with various mechanical rewards...

For instance, I was going to grant a feat to all the Jedi just for spending time with the Republic (Likely only a Weapon or Armor Proficiency) and a feat for the Republic character (if there will be one) for hanging out with the Jedi and learning from them... maybe martial arts or weapon finesse or something..

The other idea was at times to tempt the players with free use of, say, the Dark Rage power- without having learned it before hand. A la Obi-Wan in Episode I calling upon the dark side to avenge Liam Ne- Qui Gon Jin. At the same time, I hope to 'tempt' you with inconvenient acts of mercy. :P And in general tough moral choices...

RubySlippers

Well it won't be at this point, but next level after experiencing the new enemy she may want to explore the dark side through meditation and reflecting on her emotions likely why she is a Gray Jedi she is willing to go where a regular Jedi might not.

Laughing Hyena

Hello folks. I am here to play at behest of a fill in slot or position by IL

Batman4560

Is this still open? If so I would like to join.

Miroque

so many applications, so few spots... Im watting patiently if I get in or now.. after that, those who get in, should form an plan how they know each other.

Batman4560