You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 05, 2016, 04:39:13 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Computer lagging a bit...this might help  (Read 193 times)

Offline ThesunmaidTopic starter

Computer lagging a bit...this might help
« on: May 24, 2014, 11:19:50 AM »
Just thought I would put this out there. If your not using internet explorer as your browser and you find your windows 7 running a bit laggy consider uninstalling the latest version of internet explorer 11 and go back to 8. My hubby and myself have been finding things a bit laggy and have been doing some reading. He found a few places saying that IE 11 can cause some lagging down of windows 7 in places. I just uninstalled and so far everything is loading much much quicker.

I was beginning to wonder if I had to reformat which is a huge pain in the ass and I hate doing since I have so much to re install and update(thank goodness for portable hard drives to back stuff up on) Thankfully it was just a simple uninstall of something I don't use anyway. whee :)

This might not work for every one but I thought I would mention it in case it could help someone.

Offline Geraint

• Propigator of Plot Bunnies, RomanceCrack Dealer and Sireneous Wayword Muse Also Accused Plot Demon Breeder of Plotweilers ...
  • Knight
  • Enchanter
  • "There's no rush...but I can't wait."
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Computer lagging a bit...this might help
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 02:01:26 PM »
Just thought I would put this out there. If your not using internet explorer as your browser and you find your windows 7 running a bit laggy consider uninstalling the latest version of internet explorer 11 and go back to 8. My hubby and myself have been finding things a bit laggy and have been doing some reading. He found a few places saying that IE 11 can cause some lagging down of windows 7 in places. I just uninstalled and so far everything is loading much much quicker.

I was beginning to wonder if I had to reformat which is a huge pain in the ass and I hate doing since I have so much to re install and update(thank goodness for portable hard drives to back stuff up on) Thankfully it was just a simple uninstall of something I don't use anyway. whee :)

This might not work for every one but I thought I would mention it in case it could help someone.

IE 11 is a mess for a lot of reasons, so uninstalling it (which I've done) makes a lot of sense.

I would offer you two thoughts, however.

1.  If you have automatic updates, Microsoft may simply reinstall it with your monthly important updates, unless you use this tool:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40722

2.  While IE11 is problematic, IE10 is not, and offers a lot of improvements over earlier versions (including IE8, to which you apparently reverted).  If you have Windows 7 and use IE, I would suggest trying IE10.   It works very well for me.