So, Suspires and I were talking about corporate phrasology recently, particularly this site
, which purports to teach English to English-as-a-second-language students by teaching them corporate buzzwords. Naturally, our initial reaction was to shake our heads in despair, until I looked closer, and discovered that the incorrect
answers were actually pretty epic.
The fun didn't stop there, however. Determined to milk every ounce of hilarity, I went and fished my tablet out of retirement and drew some really shitty (but hopefully hilarious) clip art to illustrate my mental imagery.
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you--Business English 101.
1. Well, you've really got to hit the _____GROUND FALLING
________________ (to start working hard immediately). There's no time to waste!
2. Moving ______FOURSOME
_______________, (in the future) you'll be in charge of this project.
3. Mary, I don't feel like we're on the _____SAME WAVE
4. Let's _______INTERMINGLE
______________ (talk) tomorrow.
5. I'll take that _______OFF-SCALE
______________ (We'll talk about that after the meeting.)
6. I'm super busy right now, I'll _________TOUCH FACE
____________ with you tomorrow.
7. I don't have the ________BAND-AID
_____________ (time) to take this on right now.
8. My plate is ________ROUND
_____________ (I'm really busy)
9. Let's ________RIDE THE NUMBERS
_____________ (analyze financial data) and see how they look.
10. We've got to think _______OUT OF THE BOXES
______________ (We have to come up with some innovative solutions/ideas).