Trevor TeschBASIC INFO:Legal Name:
? (they haven't picked a name yet)Citizenship and other legal info:
AmericanPlace of Birth:
see imagesOTHER INFORMATION:Orientation:
Trevor is fairly inexperienced so he doesn't really know his interests & limits yet. (Ons: anal, Offs: bathroom stuff, pain)Goals:
His goal had been to become an astrophysicist but now plans to work with Venom to become a hero.Wealth Level:
1 – not employed Personality:
Trevor has incredible compassion for others even if he doesn't totally understand them. He takes things too literally usually and often has over-thought things in the time others are just thinking about them the first time through. He finds humor in double entendres that others unintentionally say often smiling or chuckling seemingly for no reason although he can tell someone who asks what amuses him – if they really want to know. The fact that he is gay but has a very poorly functioning gaydar is another source of angst for the teen.SCHOOL INFO:Classes Taken:
electives chosen: Computers - Mon/Wed 3pm; Physical Education - Tue/Thu 3pmYear:
high school juniorClub Memberships or Sponsorships:
random but he would have asked for a quiet roommateSTATS:
(Stats are based on the old Marvel 'FASERIP' system, see Spoilers below the character sheet for possible values! Don't worry if you don't have answers for these, we will help you. All characters should be believable, no Mary Sues/Gary Stus. Original Characters should have nothing higher than Remarkable or possibly a single Incredible level.Feel free to leave this blank
and I will fill it in and work with you.)Fighting:
1 - Agility:
3 - Strength:
2 - Endurance:
3 - Reason:
5 - Intuition:
5 - Psyche:
7 POWERS:RESIST: MENTAL
– Trevor's multithreaded mind causes confusion in telepath's trying to read his mind (being used to single thread minds) and effectively deflects all but the more powerful mental attacks and blocks attempts to control/possess his mind.ADVANTAGES: 3-D sense
– The 3-D sense quirk is indicative of the ability to think in 3-D, as opposed to the normal 2-D that folks normally resort to. The character with this mental quirk isn't ever at a disadvantage against foes simply based on their position relative to him/herself.Alertness
– This quirk demonstrates a preternatural awareness of one's surroundings. Characters with this quirk are rarely surprised by others, even when confronted by trained sneaky-folk or any stealth technology. Furthermore, the alert character is a terminally light sleeper; it is almost impossible to sneak up on them, even if they are asleep! If the alert character passes a yellow Intuition FEAT when asleep, he will wake up automatically if someone tries to get him.Quick Learning
(limited – only if he is interested in the subject) – The character is a quick learner. In game terms, he can acquire new talents at half the normal rate, and at 75 % of the original cost. This also applies to powers that are learned talent-equivalents.DISADVANTAGES: Sensory Increase (sound)
– The character with an increased sensory sensitivity has a lower threshold for discomfort and pain when it comes to the indicated sense. While normal hearing experiences discomfort starting at 100 dB and pain at 130 dB, those thresholds are 20 dB less for someone with this disadvantage.Bluntness
– The character with this quirk doesn't see the need to mince words, or simply isn't aware that what he's saying is rather... direct. In game play, the character must pass a Reason FEAT roll at -1CS to prevent himself from saying the first things that pop into his head.Compulsiveness
– Trevor is almost always tapping his fingers on something which shifts to pounding on his thigh with his knuckles when anxious/troubled. To stop himself from subconsciously fiddling around, the character must pass a Psyche FEAT roll at a -1CS.Alien Customs
– This doesn't necessarily represent alien mores and such, it simply states that the character has a different culture than that which is active where he has decided to make his home. This is only a negative quirk because it makes interacting with others... difficult. For each level the character takes in this quirk, his culture is that much less compatible with his chosen home. The character will have an effective -2CS to his Popularity, concerning anyone that finds his culture contemptuous. Again, this doesn't affect everyone.SKILLS: Astronomy :
– Trevor has learned quite a bit about astronomy and could even use star patterns and positions to do rough navigation.Computers:
– Trevor is adept at standard computer use and has begun studying programming.Physics:
– To understand more about galactic and stellar structure and formation he has been learning the underlying processes of the universe.HISTORY:
Trevor is the third of three children. His older brother has graduated from college and is now working. His older sister is a sophomore in college. His parents are fairly ordinary including the fact that they never considered Trevor's "quirks" to be anything other than personal idiosyncrasies rather than indicators of Asperger's syndrome. That plus the fact that he was trying to hide his differences.
Trevor had his first crush (not that he understood what it was) when he was young. He was just becoming friends with the older boy when the boy was taken away "for being different" according to his parents.
So he did what he could to hide his own differences until a few months ago when he ran across a reference to Asperger's syndrome in something he was reading. A little research and he realized why he felt like an alien and found it difficult to understand other people. He told his parents and eventually got them to let him see a psychiatrist to determine what could be done to help him. Unfortunately he had learned to deal with the world one way so it would take a while to help him adjust better.
A month ago the family went to New York on a vacation. One of the shows they went to see was far too loud and raucous for him so he went outside. He wandered only a short ways away then was aurally assaulted by church bells above him. As he was trying to block out that sound something touched then enveloped him.
The symbiont tried to communicate with him and he got fragments. Although the tolling bell was ending, they wanted to get away so based on the fragments Trevor pictured an extension of actions the symbiont had already taken and they shot a tendril to a nearby building then pulled themselves to it. A couple more times and they were away from the church.
They hung on the side of the building and talked for the rest of the show waiting for Trevor's family to exit. During that conversation Trevor commented that the symbiont had a lot of 'venom' for not having dealt with people much yet. And so it found a name for itself. They came to realize they wanted and needed each other so they would stay together.
Trevor's alienation, angst and compassion make him a rich source of emotion for the symbiont to feed on while his unique gifts make sure Venom can't control him. Trevor thinks it should pick a better name but neither has come up with one that suits both of them. They also have no idea what eventual hero name to pick – not that either feels at all ready for hero work right now – which is part of the reason for being at Xavier's school.
During the past few weeks Trevor has been doing some research and found Xavier's school. It took some convincing but he talked it up as being able to help him learn to deal with his Asperger's.