BASIC INFO:Legal Name:
(First name sounds like "Shar-leer")Codename/Nickname/Aliases:
'The Jade Spider', Kasumi (her chosen name from Japanese class) Chaz, Charlie, even Charles (But don't ever call her "Chuck") a college pal used to call her Charizard.Citizenship and other legal info:
US CitizenPlace of Birth:
teacher - dramaEducation:
Bachelor of Fine Arts, double majored in music and theater arts
Bright red with other colors in occasionally. (white is common)Eye color:
a fun mix of gray, blue and greenGender:
Female; somewhat genderqueerEthnicity:
Caucasian and Native AmericanAge:
Unlike the bulk of the others at Xavier's place, Charlier doesn't have a near-perfect physique. She's not a mutant, either - she's a regular human being filling in for a position through the grace and faith of Professor X. She has a sturdy build, standing at just over six feet tall and weighing just over 230. A lot more of her weight is from muscle than the average lady her size, however she's still got a nice layer of padding. She wears about a size 18, though it fluctuates depending upon brand and type of clothing. Her style is eclectic, depending largely upon her mood, however she rarely wears a skirt. Charlier has an epic pair of breasts
but the chance of someone actually getting a chance to see them is exceedingly rare - she makes a habit of wearing minimizing clothing. Her dreaded hair is never in its natural shade (a silver-streaked shade of brown) and her eyes have a color that refuses to take description. She considers her full lips to be one of her best features. She has several piercings throughout her body (though only her lip, septum and eyebrows are seen) She also has several tattoo, those seen are a spiderweb on one of her hands, ankhs on her middle fingers and, occasionally, a small green spider behind her left ear.OTHER INFORMATION:Orientation:
She's a bit of a rare bird. While she'd give just about anyone a chance since personality is the paramount factor in permanent attraction, she has a tendency to otherwise be drawn towards androgyny. She has no experience being with a woman, sexually, but would never rule it out.
Ons: romance, Effeminate men, geeks, people who are shorter than her, passion, force, long or interesting hair (she has a definite hair fetish), pain (Charlier is a masochist above all else, however she hates being burned.) While she's mostly a switch, she does get a certain thrill at being "owned" by someone and being the object of a certain amount of jealous possessiveness.
Offs: "macho" or super-muscular men, arrogance, underage people (tempting though they may be...), bodily waste, ageplay, one night stands.
Do her job well. Stay away from fire-wielding people...Wealth Level:
She takes her job very seriously, so hardly anyone outside the more personable faculty members has seen much of her who she really is. In the classrooms, she's been known to get a bit on the goofy side but otherwise keeps things on track, which can be somewhat difficult because she can become easily distracted. She subconsciously maintains a bit of a social barrier between her and all the others and, while she doesn't realize it, that is because she does not feel like she belongs there. That doesn't make her any less kind or fun to be around, though, she treats all people the same until they either push her away or treat her badly.
SCHOOL INFO:Classes Taught:
Due to the abuse she suffered as a child, Chaz has Dissociative Identity Disorder
So everything listed above is what is known from her core or "host" personality. After years of therapy, she has healed a lot, though her DID continues to be a problem in situations of extreme duress. Most of her alters have been successful melded with her core or have otherwise disappeared, however a few remain:Lucrecia
- the first alter Charlier became aware of is also proving to be the most difficult to get rid of. Lucrecia is stern, shrewd, sadistic and knows how to utilize every bit of strength possible in Charlier's body.Jane
- A stark contrast to the core, the lady is a veritable Martha Stewart. She likes to cook, clean and wear dresses.the crying girl
- a personality fragment composed of fear and hopeless sadness
The chance of encountering one of her alters is very rare. She would have to be under an extreme mount of stress and the correct hidden "triggers" would need to be present. However, a powerful psionic could tap into them fairly easy. She has yet to develop any defense against psychic invasion.
Artistic Metallurgy and Soldering, Screenprinting, Theater Appreciation, vocal training, pattern drafting, Theater Practicum (assigned participation in a performance), Improvisation techniques, performance labs, Scene, lighting and costume design classesClub Memberships or Sponsorships:
Fall Play, Spring Musical, Improv meetupsSTATS:Fighting:
5-Excellent - Agility:
3-Typical (but 4-good accuracy) - Strength:
3-Typical - Endurance:
4-Good - Reason:
3-Typical - Intuition:
4-Good - Psyche:
Charlier is not a mutant and has no innate abilities of her own. However, she has an item of powerTsuchibue
- Gifted to her by an unknown Japanese man, the ocarina was the reason why she began seeking out a heroic life. The flute is a single piece of metal not native to our world. It is shaped into a traditional Japanese ocarina somehow, even though it shows no signs of carving or from coming from a mold. This item does not give her body any enhanced abilities, however through using it she is able to call animals in the surrounding area to come to her aid. It is a psychic connection and, mind to mind, she can give the beings simple instructions that their intelligence would be able to understand. In rare cases, she can maintain a clairvoyant link with the animal in question and see through their eyes. Usually this is achieved through repeated connection with the same, individual animal. On that note, she has established a bond with a Raven
. ADVANTAGES: High Pain tolerance
- Her masochism comes to her aid in this.Whatevuh
- Charlier doesn't really give a crap about what other people think of her. She does what she thinks is right and enjoys what she likes with no regrets. She has developed a pretty thick skin; only those who she's really come to care about will have a lasting effect through criticism. This means she also has a lot of body-confidence, regardless of being a larger than average size.DISADVANTAGES: Fractured mind
- Even after successful therapy, Charlier's disorder still poses several problems. The main trouble is she has a spotty long-term memory but her DID can also bring on depression or migraine headaches. Mild Acrophobia
- In her days as a wall-crawling vigilante, she had gotten used to a certain amount of views from up high, but any location that puts her in a spot where her vision is seriously affected by perspective distortion would make her feel queasy and dizzy.Mild Claustrophobia
- Being in a small space with no windows or obvious means for the flow of air freaks her right out.Only Human
- Her mind, body and lifespan can be affected like anyone else.Poor Eyesight
- She can't bring herself to get surgery and has to wear corrective lenses. Usually she wears contacts.Sweet Tooth
- Anything that combines carbs and refined sugars will be a temptation. Cakes, pie, donuts... Creepy-crawlies
- While she loves animals of all kinds, she can't the feeling of anything smaller than a good size mouse crawling on her. It will make her freak out and start "feeling" it everywhere.Bee Allergy
- She has to carry an EpiPen with her in case she's stung as it could be life-threatening.SKILLS:Martial Arts training:
- While Charlier was working to put herself through school, she took both Ninjitsu and Aikido classes. Musician:
- She plays the simple flute and bass guitar. Charlier also has a melodic voice with an impressive 6 octave range.Highly Artistic
- Charlier draws, sculpts, designs, etc... Her specialty is making jewelry.Linguist
- Although not fluent, Charlier knows a fair amount of German, Spanish and Japanese in addition to English. (She lived in Germany as a child, took Spanish in High school and Japanese in College)
For the most part, she can't cook anything that doesn't come in a box, but she does
make a mean cheesecake.HISTORY:
Born in western Pennsylvania to an under-educated mother with low self-esteem, Charlier was the fourth born but only the third living child. Her biological father was a substance-abusing good for nothing who refused to get any other job other than occasionally selling drugs on the street. He was in a passed out drunken state when her would-be older sister died from complications from viral pneumonia. It's up for debate what it was that kept her parents together long enough to have her twin brothers and then her, but it was shortly after their apartment building burned down when she was around three that her mother finally got up the nerve to leave him.
Daddy signed off his parental rights when her Mom remarried. Husband number two was from a middle-class family; he seemed like a gentleman and had a stable job in the military. To his coworkers and outside family, he was a godsend to that woman and her children but But, in reality, he was a stern-faced man who cared more about making the world think he was a fine, upstanding husband and father than actually being one.
He ruled his family with fear and the thick leather belt he had on his waist. As Charlier grew older, her father became more abusive, getting in fist fights with her brothers and putting them - and, later, her - on medication when behavior problems arose. Nothing that happened was ever his fault and if he told you that the sun was the moon, you'd know better than to question him about it or you'd soon feel the back of his hand.
That was the what happened on a daily basis in their house. But much of the horrors she suffered as a child are locked away in her brain, separated and secured through the sectioning that her disorder brought. In that way, the term 'disorder' was a strange oxymoron in her situation. Like many people with polyfragmented DID, it was a coping mechanism. Without acquiring her disorder, who knows what would have happened to her.
Her father's career brought the family around the US for a few years at a time and she even lived in Germany from ages 6-9. There, her younger sister was born and the happiness brought on a reprieve from the abuse. After Germany came the base of Leavenworth, Kansas. A little brother entered into the family but by then the twins were going through hormonal changes and the abuse escalated. They moved out of the house soon afterward and then she took on the brunt of it herself. Then, her father retired with a rank of Sergeant 1st class and they moved back to Wisconsin, where he was originally from.
His own two children received a fair amount verbal abuse, but physically assaulting them was not something he would do. Meanwhile, she received serious death threats from the man in addition to being expected to fill in as mother while her own mom was working nights. Her grades suffered terribly. She failed her sophomore year in high school and was beaten for it. That summer, she laid plans with a friend to catch an incoming train and run away. Sada was her name - they had known each other since 7th grade and confided in each other. Sada went through similar abuse, particularly in recent years when it became obvious that she was different
from others. The train line brought her down to Madison, where she lived in a youth hostel for a while before, at 17, she became legally emancipated from her parents. While living as a runaway, she had managed to stay in school and the new found freedom helped fuel her fire to make something of herself. Stability and independence would mean never having to deal with that man ever again.
While finishing high school, she had begun to take classes in self defense at the suggestion of a social worker. Aikido was her choice because, even though she was blossoming into womanhood, she still felt like a weak child inside, and liked the idea of turning her attacker's strength against them. After high school came college, her emancipation helping to get her into a good financial aid program. She moved to Chicago and began to work hard at her degree. In her happy memories of her mother, she remembered singing, and her musical talent was the only gift she remembered being given as a kid and that bolstered her on into her first major - music. Later, she branched out into theater; her geeky persuits had her participating in Dungeons and Dragons at an early age and she enjoyed LARPing and participating in light-hearted acting. However, she found that being on the production side of things was far more enjoyable.
It took her six years in stead of four, having to stretch out her time in school because of real life problems of needing to work to pay for a place to live. She worked in a dress shop and spent far too much of her free time on the internet, playing video games or watching Anime but her hobbies also spurred her into taking Ninjutsu classes.
When she was a Junior, she attended an art show put on by some friends of hers. There, she was approached by a Japanese gentleman who gave her an incredible story. He had an item that had been in his family for generations. An oracle had foretold that the object needed to be presented to a certain person, in a certain place and at a certain time. Her Japanese was rusty, she'd only taken two years in school then, and she didn't want to offend him. He was adamant that she was the one it was supposed to go to but did little to explain what it did.
When her mother's grandfather died, she had inherited his harmonica and recorder and that was how she had originally taken to wind instruments. So she did find it odd that the man's gift was an ocarina and very strange that he disappeared shortly after she accepted it. She fiddled around with the flute at home and came to find a black bird pecking on her window. Her bond with Archie grew quickly and she began to test the limits of her powers, slowly entering more and more into the world of the mundane vigilante by performing helpful tasks as a bystander. She wore her ninjitsu shozoko while out at night and, standing in the shadows, she did things like call up lake sturgeon to rescue someone who was drowning.
The Chicago police couldn't handle everything and though they heavily disagreed, Charlier's works eventually hooked up with a group of other human do-gooders. They dubbed themselves "Paladin Grade" She worked with them for many years, establishing a base of operations for others of their mindset. Then one day, Sada contacted her and from then on, Charlier was thrust into the world of mutants. Her friend had a special ability that let her intuit direction, and come to think of it, she'd been that way even back when they were teens together. Sada's gift expanded beyond that eventually and into territory that was decidedly strange for Chaz. But she was open-minded enough that Sada knew she could be trusted to meet others like her. She was introduced to Xavier through a friend of a friend of Sada's but it wasn't until many years later, when he was well into establishing his school, that he called upon her to teach. By then, Paladin Grade had expanded and gained ties to other heroic agencies in the Midwest so she felt confident enough to leave.
Last year, second semester, she began to offer core art classes to the students at Professor Xavier's school for the gifted.