My final draft.
BASIC INFO:Legal Name:
Andrew Michael Codename/Nickname/Aliases: RogueCitizenship and other legal info:
US CitizenPlace of Birth:
Caldecott county, MississippiOccupation:
Basic education, currently enrolled in Xavier's institute
Auburn and WhiteEye color:
Physically fit with rather unruly hair, Andy is otherwise generally well put together. There's always a bit of the wild in the way he looks, though. He is always seen nearly fully covered, including wearing gloves. Other images: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7OTHER INFORMATION:Orientation:
Likes to be flirted with, dislikes any serious amount of force or coercion; Andy has a very good reason for not wanting to get too close to someone. Goals:
To gain some semblance of a normal life. To be able to have real intimacy without harming someone. To find somewhere he really fits in, is needed and loved.Wealth Level:
For having to keep oneself pretty reserved, Andy is genuinely amicable and good-natured. He definitely has his snark, but he'd be one of the first to lend a helping hand when and where it is needed. He gives pet names to those he's closest to and sometimes struggles to come up with ways to bond with others without any real physical contact. At his core, he wants to be open and tries to accept everyone, but the frustration of having to always keep a barrier between himself and others can, at times, lead to strain on his patience with others. At his worst, he is stubborn and a bit temperamental, at his best he is loyal, accommodating and jovial. SCHOOL INFO:Classes Taken or Taught:
Government/Social studies, Algebra 2, Self Defense, Physical Education, Acrobatic Combat, Creative WritingYear:
High School Junior (fell behind a year after running away from home) Club Memberships or Sponsorships:
None yetSTATS:Rogue's absorption ability, means that his stats will occasionally vary. Temporary numbers are [in brackets] the first number on its own is natural/permanent stat score.
- Fighting: 3-Typical 
- Agility: 5 Excellent 
- Strength: 7-Incredible 
- Endurance: 4-Good 
- Reason: 3-Typical 
- Intuition: 3-Typical
- Psyche: 2-Poor 
- This is Rogue's sole natural ability. It allows the absorption of memories, skills, and powers through skin-to-skin contact. The longer the contact occurs, the longer Rogue will retain the abilities or memories. Generally, the abilities only last for several minutes. Shortly after his mutant abilities manifested, he absorbed the abilities of another mutant named Olympian (more info in History), the following are the only permanently taken powers. (All others are temporarily acquired)High constitution
- Rogue has a level of superhuman toughness and immunity to poisons. He is much hardier than he looks for a man of his size and can withstand blows that would kill a normal human being.Enhanced Strength
- The Olympian gave Rogue the ability to lift an amazing feat of up to 20,000 pounds! (down 1 stat number from Canon)Flight
- Wingless flight, perfect hovering. Up to 100 mph. (Not the near sonic speeds of canon Rogue)[Temporary abilities:][None currently]ADVANTAGES: Quick Reflexes
- Rouge has always been quick and light on his feet. Upon obtaining the enhances strength and flight, he was able to use those skills to bump his natural abilities up a notch. Personable
- That southern kindness and hospitality lends a sunny warm disposition in social encounters. He tends to put others at ease, if he can be a bit flirtatious. He can slip into a fair leadership role in a pinch. Fast Learner
- He's had to learn to adapt quickly, particularly as he acquires new knowledge and abilities. DISADVANTAGES: NO TOUCHING!
- Rogue's absorption ability makes it so that he cannot risk any skin to skin contact with another without risk of harming them.I was just being friendly!
- That inviting, teasing demeanor means that others are sometimes taking things a bit too seriously. Rogue's witty banter is rarely more than conversation, because even if he wants more... he can't have it.Flashbacks and Nightmares
- While the Professor has been successful in mostly diminishing and containing the persona of Olympian, enough of the man's psyche remains to occasionally invade Rogue's dreams with terrible visions of their fight from the other perspective, or random memories. Addictive Personality
- After absorbing so much of Olympian, Rogue now has a predisposition to substance abuse. He avoids alcohol by all means because of the flashbacks.SKILLS: Street smarts:
- Rogue knows some basic urban survival skills, though they are mainly geared towards the southern cities he had lived in. Brawler:
He picked up some underhanded, survival fighting techniques while on his own. He would like to learn more structured martial arts, but for now he just knows how to trip someone, throw a basic punch or a knee to the groin.Bilingual:
- Rogue speaks Colloquial English and French (Mississippi bayou area)HISTORY:
Andy's parents were of a very odd sort. They were in an off the grid sort of
commune obsessed with finding a way to the proverbial promised land. There were some crazy shenanigans involved that lead to the death of his mother, although he never did find out what happened. Soon, his Aunt Carrie became his surrogate mother, as his Dad didn't think he'd be able to raise the child on his own. She was caring in her own way, but very strict. Carrie's manner of raising Andy was a huge difference from the freedom he'd enjoyed in his youth. As a rebellious, hormonal teenager, he eventually found himself butting heads with his Aunt on a regular basis. Their relationship became permanently damaged and he became a runaway.
Now effectively a dropout, Rogue rode the warm and temperate weather in his southern state and lived a nomadic lifestyle, hopping from shed to shed for months. He was found napping in a tree on the property of a small town boy named Cody Robbins. The two spent quite a while bonding with each other, exploring the area around the boy's home and playing childhood games. Cody gave Andy a far more comfortable place to sleep as the rainy season moved in and managed to hide his new friend in the Attic of his family's old farmhouse.
As days became weeks and then months, the two boys developed a deeper relationship. Cody's family became aware of their son's new friend, though they still didn't know that he was hiding out inside their own home. Andy and Cody began to show signs that their relationship was more than average buddies, so it brought about the Robbins' family's scrutiny as well as public disapproval from the preacher in their church. Andy was obviously a transient youth with no apparent skills, that alone made him a bad influence on the Robbins' boy. But they were largely keeping out of trouble, so the pair was tolerated so much as no hard evidence could be found to convict Andy of social taboos. The town had scarcely enough time to move on to the next hint of scandal before the boys relationship escalated to tragedy. Even though the both of them knew that the others around thought it was wrong, even though they would never be accepted, there was something so perfectly natural and comforting in being able to have the kind of trust an love that they had. It was innocent and pure, when Andy got lost in Cody's blue eyes, stroked his freckled cheek and leaned in for a gentle kiss. And it was cruel irony that was when his mutant ability first manifested. He was just past his 16th birthday, had a new lease on life and a spring in his step thanks to the young man before him and he found himself helplessly draining the boy of everything he had within him.
Cody fell, limp and unconscious and Andy tried in vain to wake him before running off for help. He went to the boy's family, desperately trying to get them to understand the situation. But in the panic and fear of the moment, he was demonized. Some felt it was divine punishment, some thought it was simple carelessness and yet others seriously thought Andy had deliberately hurt Cody. In any case, a veritable lynch mob formed as they tried to take Andy either into custody or out of the picture entirely. The young mutant avoided them, but found himself on the run and on his own again.
He headed north, to Jackson, figuring the big city would be his best chance at establishing a normal life, if possible. Rogue became introverted, living on the streets for the better part of a year and living hand to mouth. Those hands were gloved now, and even in the hot and humid Mississippi summers, he never went anywhere without layers of clothing everywhere but covering his face. He didn't want to risk touching someone ever again. He wasn't able to go to school during his time on the streets, and he was too young to work, certainly without proper identification. So he had no choice but to remain a street rat. Even though it was uncomfortable, there was a certain amount of freedom that homelessness offered and he was eventually able to find a groove in the counter culture Jackson's homeless had to offer.
But territory and resources were hard to keep on hand, of course. Rogue was able to take care of himself through stealing and brawling for a long time, however there are always bigger fish. The day came that Andy found himself in over his head, being assaulted by a drunken brute of a man who wanted whatever Andy had and wasn't willing to listen to reason. This man was another mutant named Randal Tiller, he had been a participant in the Olympic games overseas a decade ago, so locals had taken to calling him 'Olympian'. However rare the mutants had proven to be, Tiller caused a scandal when his abnormal abilities became public. Many were unsure whether steroids or supernatural means were involved, because even in the face of overwhelming evidence, people tend to believe what they find comfortable or reassuring. Regardless, Tiller's outing made him a social pariah and his nickname pure ironic taunting. He turned to alcohol to ease the pain and it, in turn, dissolved what else he had of a life. So Andy was just a convenient excuse for a fight and Randal was used to throwing his weight around, bullying the weak crackheads into giving him what he wanted. Andy didn't cave, but he did try to get away before Tiller cornered him. The fight between the two of them became tooth and nail, the more Rogue fought back, the more Randall hit harder as his anger boiled over. 'Fight or Flight' mode engaged, Andy ended up latching onto the other man with all his strength, initially meaning to weaken and push him away but he found himself flooded with new power - an overwhelming rush far more than he experienced with Cody. By the time he broke away from Randal, the drunk was a drooling mess on the ground and he was pulsating with pure potential the likes of which he could never have imagined.
He fled the street where the former Olympian was left, not knowing or caring much for his condition. His first thought was to get the hell out of town, but the side effects from absorbing Tiller's essence meant he was left with segments of the man's psyche. He ended up disoriented and confused, stumbling around town with no sense of time and not recognizing anyone for days. Without help of an outside source, Andy probably wouldn't have survived in the long run. Through Cerebro, Professor Xavier located Rogue's troubled mind and tremulous ability. The professor all but rescued Andy, bringing him back to a safe space, he helped calm him and sort things out to a great degree. Just before turning 18, Andy was deemed stable enough to enter the school and finally work on having that normal life he'd been wishing so long for.