You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 09, 2016, 07:16:57 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Castlevania: Seductress of the Night-Possible Future Idea  (Read 411 times)

Offline ManofDawnLightTopic starter

Castlevania: Seductress of the Night-Possible Future Idea
« on: May 18, 2014, 03:47:49 PM »
I would like to start this off by saying I will not have time for this as of right now, unless I get a lot of requests and volunteers for help.

(I know, I've already posted this in the GR board, but it was suggested by a mentor that I post it here too.)

I was wondering if anyone had tried to run a story that was a sequel to Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.  In this version, Dracula is not resurrected but the Succubus is.  A hedonistic cult worships the temptress as their future goddess and resurrects her along with the castle.  She has a very different plan on how to bring the joys of hell on earth, and she will use such ways against the humans and their heroes.

Main characters from the fist Symphony of the Night would need to be played; Alucard, Maria, Richter, the Succubus, and other bosses in the castle.  New characters would be welcomed, both hunters and vampires.  And in this game, fighting might be the start of the combat, but the only known way to destroy the Succubus and her minions is to win in a contest of sex.

So, how many people would be interested in this?

I know I would be...as a future game.

Online scribus1000

Re: Castlevania: Seductress of the Night-Possible Future Idea
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 04:30:33 PM »
I would probably only play an OC(If they're allowed) for this, but aside from that, I find this interesting.

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 12:24:30 AM »
I'd actually prefer that players take the main OC's first and then if they choose to be evil, look over the OC bosses in the castle.

For example, I would prefer to play Orlox.

Offline Blinkin

• Court Jester extraordinaire!
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • I try to be good, but it's such hard work!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 12:55:25 PM »
You may have a little difficulty as some, like myself, rarely play cannon, for various reasons, and sayng no to OCs may be hamstringing yourself in the longevity potential of the story.

But then, I don't know a thing about Castlevania, so wouldn't be particularly interested in it because of my ignorance.

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 05:18:15 PM »
That's what I've been hearing so far.

Online scribus1000

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2014, 12:58:20 AM »
I share the same sentiments, as I've not played the Castlevania games and would not know how to portray established characters from the series.

Offline Blinkin

• Court Jester extraordinaire!
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • I try to be good, but it's such hard work!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2014, 04:53:58 AM »
Only part of my reluctance to play cannon has to do with not knowing the setting. As a general rule, I try hard to not use someone elses intellectual property when they are making their livings from it. I will, occasionally, play a one-shot or a short one-on-one using a cannon character, but I usually feel restricted and bound to the feel and attitude of the cannon character and compelled to keep it true to it's creator's intentons.

Just one of the reasons why no one sees me in super-hero games. lol