You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 02, 2016, 06:26:14 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Stargate franchise update  (Read 812 times)

Offline King_FurbyTopic starter

Stargate franchise update
« on: September 03, 2008, 05:57:18 PM »
I am a fan of stargate and was able to get my brother into it to. While it was sad that sg-1 ended i am happy they kept atlantis. Now i am even more excited as MGM has finally released for info about the new series being develped for sci-fi channel.

New series is going to be "stargate universe" with a planed release of summer 2009.

http://stargate.mgm.com/universe/

I think it will be interesting to see how this develops. It also looks like atlantis may be ending next year.

I am a little nervous of what they have planned for it. But knowing stargate they will keep it interesting.

Anyone else looking forward to that?

Online HairyHeretic

• Lei varai barbu - The true bearded one
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • And the Scorpion said "Little frog .. I can swim."
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Stargate franchise update
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 06:15:26 PM »
My wife will. Shes a big Stargate fan.

You heard about the Stargate Worlds MMO that's in development?

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 07:15:23 PM »
yea i knew about that. I hate the stargate worlds website.

I hope they actually do a good job with it, there are alot of detals yet to be known.

lol it will be wierd seeing amanda tapping in her new sci-fi series thats not stargate related.

Offline RubySlippers

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 08:54:08 PM »
This kinds of reminds me of ,ummm, Star Trek: Voyager mmets maybe Blakes 7 and Red Dwarf in spots could be fun. But I don't get cable so I'm out of luck.

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 09:12:56 PM »
There is always DVD, i am sure it will be released on DVD several months after the first season ends of universe.

Because it is so similar to star trek thats what makes me nervous. Being stranded on a huge ship like battlestar can easily become a stale idea. I hope it comes with a entire new cast with cameos by the characters from the other two shows.

Jackson and McKay better show up at some point. I like those two characters best, well besides Ball. Who knows Ball was so sneaky he probably could still show up in the new series lol.

Offline RubySlippers

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 09:40:29 PM »
I'm a little nervous to everytime they explore they meet a more dangerous enemy lets see the Gou'ld, Replicators, Wraith, Ori- this could be bad. lol

Whats next the Old Ones or something worst?  :o

And DVD rentals are not cheap by the way so I likely won;t see it unless it shows up at a decent out on a network. I never did see the last two seasons of Atlantis since it airs at 4am Sunday morning and Stargate SG-1 is on before that at 12:30am...that is just wrong I do have to sleep after all.

Offline Methos

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 12:32:44 AM »
I liked SG1 but could never really get into Stargate Atlantis. But if they come out with a new show I'll take a look.

Offline Caehlim

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 01:25:51 AM »
I've also heard that this is the last series of Stargate Atlantis, that they're only making 5 all up.

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2008, 06:35:41 PM »
Originally they were not even going to do a season 4 but they did. I bet they will have at least one more, if not two more seasons. They will probably do what they did with atlantis and stargate. That is have two running at the same time and then cut out atlantis and just keep stargate universe.

Offline Canuckian

• Canadian
  • Lord
  • Seducer
  • Location: Second star to the right- oh, who'm I kidding? I'm right here
  • Insert message here
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2008, 10:02:40 PM »
Nope, Atlantis is toast after this years, series-wise.  But they are getting a movie package deal like SG-1 got.

Personally, I'm not too thrilled with what I've read about Universe so far.  Dunno if I'll give it a shot when it comes out.

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2008, 07:51:26 PM »
Things have ways of changing, it would not be the first time they said they would end a series and didn't. But it probably is time for atlantis to end, the story line is starting to get slightly stale.

but if atlantis series did end i could then start getting the DVD's.

I will give universe a shot, sounds alot like farscape (wierd but good show).