You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 10, 2016, 04:31:32 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Sexcraft by John Wick  (Read 862 times)

Offline ZethTopic starter

Sexcraft by John Wick
« on: May 11, 2014, 05:51:03 PM »
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_reviews_info.php?&reviews_id=49665&products_id=89987

Sexcraft:A Little Game with a Lot of Sex is a meta RPG by John Wick that can be added to any other rpg system. I want to know if it would work on E? By work I mean people would try it/play it. Please vote and post input.

Offline Ebb

Re: Sexcraft by John Wick
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 06:58:45 PM »
Never heard of it, and I think it would have to be pretty innovative to be worth five bucks for a twelve-page PDF.

Offline RedPhoenix

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 08:06:43 PM »
Well most system games are really rules light, so adding new rules on top of them is probably not gonna fly real well. And since most games are systemless there's really not much need. Also these sex rpgs are almost never worth it and I usually just am thinking I could come up with something better than this if I needed to. And finally, adding rules to sex has never made it more fun.

So uh, without actually having read it myself, I'm skeptical.

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 07:21:12 AM »
Well $5 is a lot of money to send just to read something. Hmmm.

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2014, 06:16:21 PM »
So I found a player willing to try it out. But now I need a setting idea since I'm not tacking it on to another game. Suggestions?

Offline Thufir Hawat

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 07:33:12 PM »
So I found a player willing to try it out. But now I need a setting idea since I'm not tacking it on to another game. Suggestions?
Eberron is popular around here.

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2014, 07:44:25 PM »
Ironically, I got MUSE to try it with Stars Without Numbers. His character is using the sex craft to take over a space brothel.

Offline Thufir Hawat

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2014, 09:56:33 PM »
If it's SWN, look for Traveller material, or Eclipse Phase and Transhuman Space, depending on how advanced your setting is technologically.

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2014, 11:01:06 PM »
Why? Two books is enough. I don't want to juggle more.

Offline Thufir Hawat

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2014, 06:47:06 AM »
Seems fair. But then what kind of a setting are you looking at that it's not contained in a book?
The default setting in SWN is one you already have.

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2014, 10:18:46 AM »
I asked for a setting because Sexcraft is an add on and has no setting of it's own.  Then Muse and I started playing it with SWN.

I have discovered that the game is not suited for forum play. Your supposed to both wager dice then reveal your dice and roll at the same time. Since this can't be done on a forum I  write down my wager ad strategy then ask for a roll  and stick with it.