100 Days Of Happiness

Started by Rhedyn, April 27, 2014, 01:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhedyn

Tuesday was bittersweet given that I knew I would be leaving that evening to fly home.
We went to the Brooklyn Botanic Gardens where I got a couple of souvenirs, this wind chime being my favourite.

Rhedyn

Wednesday - You may wonder why I have a picture of a lilac pencil for today...
It was a gift from my little man to say welcome home <3

Rhedyn

Thursday - The front of the house currently looks like this. I love this climbing plant and it's flowers and try to enjoy it for as long as I can before I have to pull it up for the sake of the brickwork.

Rhedyn

Friday - I made this reminder for myself today as I have a terrible habit of hanging onto guilt and shame regarding my mistakes, even the small ones.

Rhedyn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhJOUMGhhwE

Today - Football season does not fill me with joy, but if the World Cup was like this then I would totally watch it...

Rhedyn

New Pens!!!
~Rhedyn has a thing for pens~

Rhedyn

So I'm officially over half way now with this little challenge and my inspiration for today's post came from a lovely PM I received concerning this blog.
Quite simply today's slice of happiness is YOU!
Everyone who has been reading and visiting my blog, whether you comment or not.
It really does give me an amazing feeling of happiness and love to know that people have been looking and enjoying it.
Thank you <3

Rhedyn

I've been going through my flower photographs today from the botanic gardens <3

Rhedyn

It's about time to harvest the lavender again.

Rhedyn

One of several random, ten minute sketches I've been doing to kick start the creative juices.

jouzinka

Oh, I love this bl... WHAT?! You have a mentor badge?! :O

Congrats, Rhed!
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Rhedyn

~laughs~ Yep! SURPRISE!!

Thanks, jouzi <3

Cassandra LeMay

*bows* Congratulations to your new job.

I guess now you'll have to come up with a few more standard questions for newcomers, to spice things up a bit. ;D
ONs, OFFs, and writing samples | Oath of the Drake

You can not value dreams according to the odds of their becoming true.
(Sonia Sotomayor)

Rhedyn

Hey now! You better not be dissing on my questions  :P

I'll have you know that there's only so much of my own craziness that even I can tolerate!

Rhedyn

A little snuggly kitty relaxation is in order today after a lot of writing and the brain fuzz that is beginning to set in because of it.

Rhedyn

I don't have a picture for today's happiness because it was spending some time with my love in the evening.
Yesterday was a tough day for me and my mood, I didn't really think anything would lift it properly.
The smiles I had in the evening and the chance to just talk helped me a lot.

Rhedyn

"You...ok?"

Today I have really appreciated all the people who have checked in on me after my rough day yesterday.
I'm feeling much better today and, while I'm not trying to insinuate they're cats, this picture I came across seemed to illustrate today's point quite well.
That and I love cats.

Cassandra LeMay

Well, cats are cute creatures. That, and it's easier to read human behaviour into their acts and expressions than with many other animals. I guess both taken together makes them fairly easy to like.

That aside, is black-and-white becoming a new photo trend with you, or is it just a coincidence that this is the second one in a row?
ONs, OFFs, and writing samples | Oath of the Drake

You can not value dreams according to the odds of their becoming true.
(Sonia Sotomayor)

Rhedyn

It's just a coincidence, though I do love black and white photography  ;)

These are not my own pictures though, I should point that out. Just ones that popped up on my tumblr feed and seemed to fit.

Rhedyn

Chocolate was a necessity today and Maltesers are one of my favourites.
The adverts for them make me giggle too  ;D

Rhedyn

The start of a new painting inspired by the lavender in my garden.
I got in a little bit of a mess last night (well early hours of this morning really), while playing with paint and inks.
This is one of three I started in shades of blue and experimenting with different effects.

Rhedyn

I found these in town today in a sale for 79p  ;D

Rhedyn

Yesterday evening I relaxed and played some Dragon Age Origins.
I had this game when it first came out on the Xbox 360 but never completed it so I thought I would try again.

Rhedyn

More painting has been happening today and that always makes me feel happy.
This is a sneak peek at part of the new one.

jouzinka

Did you complete it yet (the game, I mean, I know paintings take a while)? :-)
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A