You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

May 25, 2017, 11:32:12 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Trying to delete empty PM labels?  (Read 300 times)

Offline Bloodied PorcelainTopic starter

• E's Masked Lady ~ Swamp Witch ~ Sisterkitten ~ Little Red ~ Crowley ~ Baby Girl ~ Muse Crack ~ Code Monkey ~ LLS ~ Favorite ~ Good Girl ~ Pointe Shoes & Combat Boots
  • Dame
  • Addict
  • Location: The only heaven I'll be sent to is when I'm alone with you.
  • Captain Of Team Fuck Up Your Sheets
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
Trying to delete empty PM labels?
« on: April 25, 2014, 07:32:05 PM »
Hi guys. I'm trying to delete some old labels I don't use anymore after cleaning out my PMs but I keep getting Error 504s. Is this a known issue? Anything I can do to fix it?

Offline Vekseid

Re: Trying to delete empty PM labels?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 07:43:01 PM »
Don't delete labels. They are horrifically implemented.

I may make a "PM reset" script for people to fix and reset their labels completely, but understand it would have to be a complete wipe of all labels.

Offline Inkidu

• E's Resident Girlomancer, Dedicated Philogynist, The Compartive of a Superlative, SLG's Sammich Life-Giver
  • Lord
  • Addict
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 07:46:06 PM »
Don't delete labels. They are horrifically implemented.

I may make a "PM reset" script for people to fix and reset their labels completely, but understand it would have to be a complete wipe of all labels.
I can't do it. I thought I'd try just to see what was what, and yeah, it gets stuck on "Waiting for elliquiy.com".

Offline Vekseid

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 09:30:25 PM »
I can't do it. I thought I'd try just to see what was what, and yeah, it gets stuck on "Waiting for elliquiy.com".

It simply cannot be made to work for anyone who has any meaningful number of PMs, the way the software currently handles them. It's trying to renumber all labels beneath it.

You can sortof do it if you delete the last label, and move on up - but that's tedious and one at a time. Better to just rename and repurpose them.

Offline Derick

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 10:57:00 PM »
I have the 'non deletable label' syndrome also except in my case, I have deleted all the labels, all the contents of my inbox and it still says I have 11 messages - one of which is new !