Looking for Experienced Writers

Started by AlyMoni, April 22, 2014, 08:33:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlyMoni

Hello, all!

So, I find myself with more free time of late, and I'd love to do some more writing. As I've not done as much writing on this site as I'd like, I thought I'd try my hand at drumming up some interest and see what sort of stories we could create!

I tend to shy away from sci-fi as I've yet to find a plot within it that catches my fancy, but that's not to say you couldn't change my mind this go! That being said, you'll find the bulk of what I write elsewhere is fantasy, romantic, or realistic (whether action-packed, melodramatic, or slice-of-life). And, though I can write males, I've been writing more females of late; They span the spectrum of shy, reserved and bookish to opinionated, volatile, difficult to handle.

Now, I will say that I'm craving a more...submissive role, or to be broken until the character finally does submit in some fashion. That's not to say that it needs to be non-con, but I'd love if the roleplay built, lasted a longer while than just a few pages. I'm a writer seeking longevity.

I've no preference when it comes to the gender of the person writing me, but I am looking for more male characters at this time than I am female. Other than that, I'm open to figuring out a plot and going from there! Whether it be forum, email, IM or G-Docs, I'm your girl.

Below, I've provided a couple samples of my writing. Drop me a PM or reply right here, and I'll get back to you in short order! Thank you :)

- - - -

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Her stomach twisted in knots, the sound of a breath against her neck and the hiss of some reply she couldn't decipher filling her ears almost as loud as her own heartbeat. It was at that moment that she turned to the one thing she'd always shirked, the one thing her father always faulted her for; That initial last hope, that last glimmer of a chance to survive.

A higher power perhaps?

Though, even as the thought slid through her mind, she didn't know any real prayers, nothing outside one of the books she used to read. It should count...right? Ever wondered, her eyes drifting slowly closed as she exhaled a shaky breath. How did it start? She wasn't sure it mattered, that it'd help, but if her mother had been right about religion, about someone's immortal soul...then maybe, just maybe, this verse she'd seen would help with that.

Now I lay me down to sleep...

She felt it then, that bite. It didn't hurt for the first moment, his cool lips acting as a sort of numbing sensation. But with each drag, each pull of her blood slipping free of her body and into his, it burned a little brighter. Ached a bit stronger. Each suckle of his lips dug his fangs a bit deeper in, her breath growing shorter as she sought to keep the panic from overwhelming her.

So this...this is what it feels like...

...I pray the lord my soul to keep...

The thought had been a random one, slipped in almost the same time as the next part of her prayer, her heart's beating quickening as it tried to spread the lessening blood to her limbs. In all the books she'd read, and the few movies she'd seen, she'd always wondered what it'd feel like to be bitten, to be drunk from. But this...this wasn't as she thought it'd be. It hurt more, ached more, each breath hurting more than the last as her muscles tried to work despite the deprivation they were now met with.

If I should die...before I...wake...

Yet, the longer it happened, the more tired she grew, the ache becoming more of a dull white noise accompanied by a sluggish inner monologue. The hand that had found its way to his, once seeking to pull it free of her mouth, was instead halfheartedly clinging, her grip growing weaker and weaker as a darkness set in.

I pray....

To her, it was to better her ability to stand, to hold herself up, not to lean so completely into him as she drew her last breaths. Subconsciously, it was a desire to cling to the life she'd not yet lived, to cling to all the things she'd lose upon her death, and to, somehow, impart something...some silent hope...something to save herself. To keep herself alive, despite the darkness closing in around her mind.

...The....Lord....

By this time, she was again, detached, viewing the scene from above, watching her body letting go as did her consciousness. Her hand slipped free of his as her knees began to buckle. Her head lulled into his touch as her skin grew more taut. Somewhere, she swore she heard the distinct sound of "Lacrimosa" drifting on the wind, as though to mock her where she stood, dying, in the arms of a monster.

.....My.....so.......ul.......

At that time, all manner of consciousness slipped, her feeble grasp of it, severing as her mind plunged into an inescapable darkness. She was too tired to fight it, to continue to fight after what felt like an eternity in his embrace. There was no drive, no will, no strength to begin to stave off death's chilly embrace as all went quiet.

.........T.......o............ta..............

For a split second, her heart pumping erratically, she swore she saw her life flash before her eyes. The life she could have lived, should have lived, and didn't. All the things she could have done and the people she could have connected with...Only to be replaced with its sad reality, all ending with Wolf's steely eyes holding hers, the last thing she'd ever see, the last though she'd ever feel in the form of his lips on her neck, of his hands holding her up.

A distorted, lonely reality brought to an end in the arms of a stranger. An all consuming darkness wrapped her in its cold embrace, her mind quieting, all sound echoing as it took longer to register, everything eventually going unnoticed as she drew what she thought would be her last breath.

Amen.

- - - -

When someone dies, what happens? Does their soul release into whatever afterlife they believe in? Does it walk the earth, doomed to repeat its last moments, an imprint of its death? Do they simply cease to exist, their bodies decaying beneath feet of dirt, until no semblance of them remains, their name disappearing from the lips of those who knew them, their memory fading as fast as their body decays?

For Ever, death was relatively painless.

While her heart had sputtered to a grinding halt, the worst of it she'd been unconscious for. She'd been spared the agony of trying to breathe when all you want to do is sleep, when your mind is telling you to let go, but your heart is trying to do what it's programmed to. She'd died, her heart crawling to a stop, her breaths stopping with it, body lifeless to the unsuspecting onlooker.

In a perfect world, her soul would have gone somewhere else, would have left Harper Rock behind, would have silenced its worries and enjoyed what she knew to be eternity. In her life, she'd been uncertain if Heaven or Hell existed, her father saying that, if a higher power existed, his job wouldn't be needed; That praying to some "unseen asshole" wouldn't save you from getting taken out by shrapnel, and dying on the spot. He'd told her to make her own luck, to be vigilant and headstrong. To live.

...Her luck took a turn for the worst that night, and she died...

...And heard Presto Agitato?

It was the sound of tinkling ivories--more aptly compared to skilled pounding, than tinkling--that caught her attention first. At some point, it seemed her body had remembered to breathe, the silent breaths confusing her. I'm...I'm alive? she wondered to herself, thoughts clearer than they'd been prior to what she last remembered. It...It was all a dream?

Though she didn't move, body still as the grave, a feeling of relief, something resembling some sick perversion of gratitude, washed over her. He spared me! I didn't die! I can't beli- Her thought cut off as a thought dawned on her, an eclipsing thought that took any happiness she'd previously held a moment ago, and taking away its life. ...My...My heart's...It's not...

It was ludicrous, insane, her mind instantly trying to push away such crazy thoughts. No, relax. Breathe, Ever. Focus on it. It's got to be there. You're thinking aren't you? You're just not focused, she cautioned herself. Focus. So, she focused, the sound of the piano's music filling her ears quieting as her mind shut it out, seeking out the one sound she'd never hear from herself again. She lay there for what felt like ages, listening to nothing but a thick silence where her erratic and panicked heartbeat should have been.

It can't be...

About then, her focus was shattered, screaming inside her own head, not even wanting to try and move. This must be purgatory! came an instant thought, anguish in her mental voice. I've died and gone straight to some hell! No sight! No sound! No movement! No not-!

Yet again, her thoughts stopped, though this time it was attributed to a sort of mental slap she gave herself as the silence she'd grown used to got more weighted, the hairs on her arms and neck standing up as she felt someone's eyes on her. Movement hit her next, feeling whoever it was getting closer, their steps, though quiet, pounding like drums in her ears. Anything she'd have tried to think of, in that moment, was muted, too focused on the presence moving closer to her, settling somewhere eerily close, and then the feel of icy fingers touching down on her cheek again.

The touch was familiar, one of the last moments she'd recalled prior...followed by a voice.

He knows? Ever thought, trying to pull herself together enough to test her limbs, to pull free of the veil of confusion she was currently hopelessly entangled in. How does he know I can hear him? This doesn't make...any...sense.

Unlike the thoughts before it, this one didn't halt suddenly, cut off abruptly to be replaced with more silence and frantic speculation. Instead, it ended, simply, quietly, curtly, as something that Marius had said came through. How he'd died. How he'd turned.

A finger twitched then, trying to keep her thoughts calm the longer she thought through them, almost wanting to say this was all a dream; A hopelessly intoxicated dream that she'd soon wake up from. Vaguely, she tried to remember how much liquor she'd actually had, another finger twitching as she tried to "follow his voice". Eyelids fluttering a bit next, they were slow to open, heavy, burning as though she were trying to force herself to awaken from a sleep that was gripping a little tighter than usual. Parting just a hair before blinking once more, her vision remained blurry, so she tried to blink them again, her head shaking the smallest bit side to side as though it'd help clear the cobwebs, as though it'd help make her vision clear.

His eyes.

That was what she first noticed when things were no longer blurry, no longer hazy, as though someone's lens focus needed to be tweaked. The piercing blue eyes she'd seen, that she'd felt boring into her soul before the fateful bite, were on her again, though...somewhere different. There was so much she wanted to say, to ask, to figure out, but her throat seemed to be burning, a burn she was only just beginning to notice the longer she let herself ween back into reality.

Or was it a dream?

"N-New...eyes...?" she questioned, a shaky hand reaching up to her forehead, trying to sooth an ache--a force of habit while human--before inevitably falling to her neck. "...You...I'm a...?" The words refused to finish coming out, her voice even sounding different to her and catching her off guard, but she figured the sentiment would be known, would be felt, would be understood.

A...vampire?

Her fear was palpable, more vividly tasted in night air than the blood would be, running over his tongue, once he bit into her. He'd not made a move, nothing to alert her to his position, yet she was already scared. The hair on the back of her neck stood straight up, her breathing shallow and quick as her eyes jumped here and there, waiting for the inevitable to strike.

A quiet sigh loosed as he kept tabs on his target, noting how there'd be no challenge in it, no real work needed to trap her and take her. Had it not been ideal, had he not needed to feed, he'd probably have let her slip through his grasp without so much as a hiss and light nip.

Marius had only just arrived in Storybrooke, his winding path having led him to the sleepy town filled with the stench of dog and the beating hearts of new victims. Yet, he was only there for one, for her. It promised to be a fun game, his shadow having arrived there just in time to intercept her, but that didn't matter. It always ended the same:

Heartache.

Pain.

Death.

As his new conquest stumbled, he was on her, hand catching at her own before her body hit the ground. A smile playing at his lips as his claws elongated, poking lightly into her soft skin, just as his soft laugh echoed through the alley. "You should be more careful..." he chided, humor in his tone, along with overtones of a dangerous intent. "You never know what may be lurking in the shadows..."

Her eyes looked back at him in surprise, momentarily taken aback, but almost happy that someone had been there to catch her. "You're right, I suppose," came her breathless reply, seemingly too distracted to notice the bits of blood smoothing out over her wrist from his hold. "I don't know what came over m-"

"I do," Marius cut off, his eyes flashing a deeper red before they mellowed out. "You're feeling scared, completely off kilter...as you wander aimlessly through this dark alley...in the wrong side of town, not really remembering exactly where you were headed...But knowing you'd give anything to be there at this moment...rather than here with me..." His voice was drawn out, deliberate, calm and steady, despite something lingering in the depths of his deep, blood-red eyes.

Her own brown eyes widened as taking in his expression, his words, becoming suddenly aware of the claws pricking into her. She wanted to yank her hand back, to scream for help, but she couldn't. The realization that it was all too late, that there was no escape, hit her like a ton of bricks as her heart skipped a beat, her breathing hitching. Tears welled up in her eyes, her lower lip quivered, and a nervous head-shake took hold of her body. The softest of sounds came across her lips, the knowing terror in her eyes unable to be shaken.

"...Please..."

So simple a word, "please". Had he not been so hungry, he may have let her go, may have let her return to the dull life she led. Letting her go back to that would be a travesty, a crime in its own right that he wasn't so willing to commit.

"I can't let you go now, love. We're only just getting to know each other!" His words had turned somehow happy, an almost child-like enthusiasm dripping from them.

"N-No, I don't want t-"

"Now now, you'll hurt my feelings!" he replied with a flippant wave of his hand, face frowning before his grip tightened on her wrist. "We wouldn't want to upset me..." Though she whimpered in response, she didn't fight him on it, the pain shooting up her arm incentive enough. "Now, I want you to stand there, tilt your head to the left, and not move when I bite you."

"What?!" she exclaimed, immediately shaking her head emphatically. "Why would I do that?!"

"Because the more you struggle, the more I'll get the urge to hurt you, make your passing painful...You do so look ravishing in this moonlight...fear heavy in your eyes...If that's your wish however..."

A strangled sob erupted from her throat, quickly squelched as a hand reached up, covering her lips as she bit back the remaining sob. Tears falling down her cheeks, her breathing erratic, she nodded, leaning her head to the left as her eyes drifted closed, not wanting to watch, to see anything as he bit down.

A smile grew on his lips as she complied; a smile that couldn't have been smacked off of him for the world. The hand gripping so tightly on her wrist loosened, smoothing over her arms as he shifted more behind her, the other hand mimicking the movement on her other arm. The touch was fleeting, light, an air-like caress as his chest brushed lightly against her back. A slight chuckle slipped forth as he took in her silent tears, a thumb reaching up to wipe a stray tear from her cheek. "Keep that up, and I may not be able to control myself..." Another strangled sob broke through the quiet of the night, a delightful soundtrack to his movements. His head lowered, hot breath grazing over the supple skin at the nape of her neck. Lips brushing softly over the area, a mere ghost of what was to come, accompanying his words. "Just stay calm...Quiet...We wouldn't want to attract unnecessary attention..."

And then his lips opened, fangs piercing her skin as her blood ran hot across his tongue.

The sound he made, a cross between a growl and a moan, couldn't have been smothered if he'd wanted it to be. As he'd known it would, the fear adding an almost fruit-like taste to her already sweet blood. She'd tensed, the muscles having contracted as he tore into her, and the pain she felt causing her to silent tears to increase.

He could feel it.

He could feel everything.

The bond he'd only just wrought with her coming into fruition, her pain echoed on his body as he continued to drink.

It was almost too tempting, this new pain, to rip her apart, take from her what he would eventually claim in its entirety. But he refrained, using what little restraint he harbored to draw it out as much as he could bear. Her heart had begun to slow, her body growing weaker and weaker with each drag of his lips at her neck. It couldn't take what was happening, the fear causing it to pump faster, but with each pump, it forced out that vital liquid and threw itself into a panic.

At that last moment, before her consciousness left completely and she passed from this world to the next, he stopped. Cradling her in his arms, he turned her around, his hand cupping the side of her cheek as his eyes bore into hers. "Keep your eyes open...I want to watch the life drain from them in these final moments. I want to see your passing, relish in it, take that moment from you and use it as a momento."

Too tired to fight it, she blinked blearily at him, his hand leaving her face to bring up her injured wrist to his lips, biting hard into it and suckling the sweet liquid as his eyes remained locked on hers. Her mind had clearly already begun its descent into darkness, a sort of subconscious knowledge of what was happening taking hold as she watched him.

Another sip and her eyes were glazing over.

Yet another, and they were slowly growing duller.

On the last haul off of her delicate wrist, her body gave out. Eyes rolling back, body collapsing, and he let it. Falling into a crumpled heap, he released her wrist, watching it fall with a satisfying crack against the ground, the dead drop confirming what he already knew. Kneeling over her, he used a finger to open one of her eyes, letting out a sigh of contentment as his mind memorized the way her eyes had become so void of life, void of anything life had once afforded them. "So...beautiful..." he murmured, getting up and nudging her body off to the side into some brush, tongue flicking out over his lips to collect any excess he may have missed.

"You won't be missed," Marius told her lifeless form. "But you will always be remembered, and revered as a satisfying conquest, I can promise you that."

Part I

----

Luminescent, the falling light of the moon cast an eerie glow over all left uncovered. Trees took on the iridescent glow, leaves shivering in the breeze that tore through their limbs. Light playing off the water so far below the cliff's edge, everything looked harsher, yet softer all the same. While the moon's glow seemed to show everything for what it was, emanation hitting each jagged edge of the broken cliff side, illuminating each wave as it crashed against the hard wall of rock, it seemed almost delicate. Almost as if falling wouldn't hurt, wouldn't kill any dreaded soul that happened to take a tumble, but rather that the light would envelop them, that each wave would just wrap them in a soft blanket of darkness, and they'd peacefully float off into oblivion.

A poetic way to die.

No sound could be heard above the crashing waves below, reverberating off the trees that scattered the cliff's line, the rustle of leaves and uncut grass waving lazily in the breeze. A light fog drifting through, any movement, apart from the shadows thrown haphazardly by the moon's spectral glow, was dampened, hidden. One didn't have to be seen should they not wish it, their very presence remaining unknown to the eye. Not that they cared if they were seen, but it was always nice to have that air of mystery, the ability to be hidden should they wish it.

Stepping from within the tree line, form staying close to the rough bark of the tree behind her, Chrystal's eyes scanned for her sisters, her coven. Frame standing at no taller than five-foot-six, she was easily concealed by the thick fog, the shadows the trees cast hiding her own easily.

They'd always met here, centuries of history housed within the stretches of the land, the water line hundreds of feet below. Something about a cliff's edge, the beauty of what could easily become impending death added to the sacred air of the place. While she'd never really thought it a big deal, it wasn't her place to comment, so she'd always held her comments within her burdened mind.

It was finally time.

Time for her to meet the rest of the members of the coven.

A mixture of nervous excitement flitted within her, a sort of jitter inhabiting her body as she stood there, arms clasping hold of herself to contain it. Meeting sisters meant she'd have a family to call her own. Granted, it wouldn't be a family by normal standards, but it'd be more than she'd ever had prior to this moment.

Living as a loner for most of her life, it hadn't been by choice, but by necessity. As it was hard to explain away the happenings that surrounded her growing up, she ran away. Better to be alone than to hurt those I care for, she'd always reasoned.

A solitary life with no risk.

Alone from the age of ten, she'd taught herself to hone her skill, her craft. It was a long process, arduous, riddled with errors, but she'd prevailed. Slowly taking a hold on her appearance, what was once a bright-eyed, chubby cheeked, curly-haired brunette, had shifted. No longer did curly locks of the darkest brunette lay claim to her features but instead a resplendent blonde, almost white, now resided. Her once green eyes, full of life and the envy of those who lay their sights upon them, now held the lightest blue, icy in illusion. Even her skin, once sun-kissed and warm, appeared ethereal, alabaster tones.

While Chrystal wasn't sure when all these changes had taken place, most who saw her would chalk it up to puberty, assuming such changes happened as she matured. It was far more...Far more than anyone on the outside would know, would want to know. Using her craft as much as she did, becoming one with her power, it was changing her. Her form was becoming so accustom to the cool, the ice, that the changes were inevitable. She was cooler to the touch, skin smooth...somehow soft yet oddly firm.

The small flickering of a fire appeared a few feet in front of her, small in stature, sprung up in the midst of the cool light. Hood concealing her own looks, she kept her head lowered, eyes watching the display from her perch against the trunk. Flame growing before her eyes, the vibrant red hair of her sister was illuminated, along with her warm skin, her golden eyes. A small smile pulling at her own lips, Chrystal made her way toward her, watching in her usual awe, of the control she had over her flame. Dancing on the tip of her finger, the flame jumped, swaying in the breeze, but didn't flicker out. Not once did the heavy winds coming off the sea snuff out its life.

With a small grin, she pursed her lips, blowing softly at her finger, icy crystals dancing in the air as they wrapped around her sister's finger, choking the life out of the flame until it finally subsided. A light, melodic laugh was loosed, her hood dropping back as a mirth flashed behind her eyes. "It's good to see you, Annelise," came her warm greeting, arms enveloping Annelise in a hug. Arms embracing her, Chrystal felt the usual goosebumps taking hold of her skin, a shiver wracking through her body at the proximity of their bodies. Something about fire and ice together always held such a reaction, from both parties, evoking knowing smiles betwixt the two. Pulling back, her eyes scanned around them, trying to see through the fog. "Where are the rest?"

A small shrug and half-grin later, and Annelise was staring her down, eyes lit from within in a sort of dangerous mischief. "They're here. They're always here." This brought a slight perplexed frown to Chrystal's face, wondering how she could have missed them, but she didn't voice it. "There's been a slight snag..."

Brow furrowing, her eyes turned suspicious. "What do you mean, a snag?" Her tone, turning just as icy as her gaze had, her body went rigid, preparing for the worst.

"Oh relax," Annelise retorted, brushing off her reaction with a flippant wave of her hand. "It's nothing like that. Just some minor details have been shifted is all." Chrys could feel her body relaxing a bit as she heard the words, but something lingered in the back of her mind, urging her to stay alert. "Something simple really. The coven would prefer to stay anonymous...That is, until you've completed your task."

"Task?" she repeated, not understanding. "I've done all they've asked. I've proven my power, proven what I'm capable of. I've passed every test you've ever given me...What else haven't I done?"

"Such a tone...doesn't bode well with us.” Something about Annelise was changing, becoming more official, fuller sounding...As if she weren't the only one talking. But just like that, it was gone, and she was back, back to her usual alto, tone light. “That being said, we understand your confusion and welcome it. It's not that you've not done enough, but this final task solidifies your place among us. It's essential to your survival within our coven. Without it, you can never be."

One final task... Chrystal thought to herself fervently. Just one...and I'll have a family....I'll do anything...

"It's simple enough," she continued, eyeing her, gauging her reactions to each piece she said. "You must first find a man, pure in heart and in mind, willing to do anything. You'll know him when you see him, one of the rare few that still survive within this world of carnal urges. Seduce him."

Pausing for almost dramatic effect, Annelise's eyes left Chrystal for the first time since the exchange began, turning to lock with each unseen member. Chrystal's gaze shifted as well, trying to sift through the fog, to see who she was at the mercy of, to see those that did this task before her. To see if it were worth it.

"Once you seduce him, thoroughly besotted,  you must return him here. As the sacrifice, he will remain here for three days, being primped and preened for the final event. As the moon is in its apex, you must stop his heart, feel the dark side's pull in this act, and return from it unscathed. Take his life force into yourself, feel it fill you, feel it drain him. The rest is arbitrary."

Feeling the gaze of a few others boring into her, she tried to process the news as calmly as she could. Sacrifices she'd done, though never of the human variety. A bird here, a frog there...It'd always seemed essential to gain connection for the more draining rituals they'd asked of her. But this? She wasn't sure if she could handle it. To take someone so innocent, so pure, and use them for this? Her heart beat rapidly in her chest, eyes flicking to the ground as her hands played nervously, clasping and unclasping, under her cloak. So loud was her heartbeat, she almost missed the pointed throat-clearing directed at her.

"Do you understand the task set to you?"

Eyes raising to lock with Annelise's, she nodded, lips set in a thin line, all humor her face had once held, fallen away a mere memory.

"Are you able to complete this task? Able to become a member of our coven?"

The pause was a weighted one, one that seemed to drag on as her mind tossed around her options. Inner war was waging, her heart torn, her mind conflicted, until one thought rang through amidst the chaos, so clear and true. I can't say no, not after all that I've done to get here, to this moment...I can do this. I can do anything for my family... Slow to nod this time around, the motion was just as drawn out as her thoughts had been, the weight of the world sitting on her shoulders.

"You've a month and a half to find him, seduce him, bring him here and complete the ritual," came Annelise's rather matter-of-fact tone of voice. "I'll be keeping tabs on your progress. Don't disappoint us."

And just like that, she was gone.

In the blink of an eye, Annelise was gone. The fog had vanished. She was alone with nothing but the beating of her heart and the light of the moon to keep her company as she tried to strengthen her resolve.

I can do this...This is what I want...
"Aly's Roleplay Desires" - Openly Searching
~ Selectively Available for Roleplay ~