News:

Main Menu

Missed references?

Started by Mr L, April 21, 2014, 02:27:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr L

I was playing 'The Last Remnant' last night and I found a Mage-Like Girl who appears in different towns, requesting you buy stuff from her for several reasons (wanting to treat herself, to getting the hell out of that town). In what's essentially the capital city for this land, she says "Oh. My. Gawd! Elysion is soooooo big! It's like one of those Lord guys' girlfriends!" After pointing out that this is a reference, it doesn't take much to notice it. I've played TLR easily 10+ times and not once did I catch this until last night and I felt absolutely silly.

Anyone else care to share instances of times you missed references in movies, games, books, etc. that you're seen/played/read a lot?
O/Os | A/As | | My Ideas I have taken the Oath of the Drake

Oniya

Wouldn't say I missed them, but the baddies in Chrono Trigger are based on rock musicians.  (Ozzie, Slash, and Flea)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Mr L

One big one that really would've made me face palm would be in borderlands 2. You can fight a group of dudes that are knock offs of the ninja turtles :P
O/Os | A/As | | My Ideas I have taken the Oath of the Drake