You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.
October 22, 2016, 08:36:00 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Missed references?  (Read 202 times)

Online Mr LTopic starter

Missed references?
« on: April 21, 2014, 02:27:00 PM »
I was playing 'The Last Remnant' last night and I found a Mage-Like Girl who appears in different towns, requesting you buy stuff from her for several reasons (wanting to treat herself, to getting the hell out of that town). In what's essentially the capital city for this land, she says "Oh. My. Gawd! Elysion is soooooo big! It's like one of those Lord guys' girlfriends!" After pointing out that this is a reference, it doesn't take much to notice it. I've played TLR easily 10+ times and not once did I catch this until last night and I felt absolutely silly.

Anyone else care to share instances of times you missed references in movies, games, books, etc. that you're seen/played/read a lot?

Offline Oniya

• StoreHouse of Useless Trivia
  • Oracle
  • Carnite
  • Location: Just bouncing through. Hi! City of Roses, Pennsylvania
  • One bad Motokifuka. Also cute and FLUFFY!
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 3
Re: Missed references?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 03:22:45 PM »
Wouldn't say I missed them, but the baddies in Chrono Trigger are based on rock musicians.  (Ozzie, Slash, and Flea)

Online Mr LTopic starter

Re: Missed references?
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 10:48:56 PM »
One big one that really would've made me face palm would be in borderlands 2. You can fight a group of dudes that are knock offs of the ninja turtles :P