Female Young Offenders Correctional Facility - Interest Check. (Ladies only)

Started by Chrystal, April 13, 2014, 12:01:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bamagirl

As far as cells go....

So far we have a collection of some fairly egregious offenders to include all manner of violence and mayhem.  From an officer and prisoner safety standpoint I'd think they would have cells. Criminal natures aside (because some of these girls are victims), we all know that emotional teenage girls could act out at any time.  Maybe it's "Oz" style (the TV show, or am I dating myself?) - like a common area they spend most of their time in that is surrounded by their cells for sleeping and lock down purposes.

Or maybe I'm just being greedy because I like the idea of Pamela walking the row and dragging her nightstick loosely so it clatters along the bars and doors until she stops. "Control, Roberts, open D Four. Roger, open, one going in." And then the look of oh no no no not again as she walks in on the pretty little faces.
Ons/Offs     Requests     A/A

LimitlessNikkie

The only problem I have with cells is time doesn't pass very quickly in games and at night your stuck with only the person in your cell to interact with and that could turn things into a whole bunch of solo scenes with little outside interaction very quickly if we don't keep time moving in game.

Bamagirl

Quote from: LimitlessNikkie on April 17, 2014, 02:28:06 PM
The only problem I have with cells is time doesn't pass very quickly in games and at night your stuck with only the person in your cell to interact with and that could turn things into a whole bunch of solo scenes with little outside interaction very quickly if we don't keep time moving in game.
Yeah but your Jackie is exactly the girl that NEEDS a cell. Not just for the night, but because she's wild and scary, and sometimes she needs to be put into a cage until she calms down.

Chrys, I think you will need to be an active GM and if things start bogging down too much throw a fire alarm or have the Warden demand a shake down or something.

Another option is that we don't have assigned cells. In the interest of safety and because of a previous problem with contraband all personal items are stores in communal areas. There are cells, and when lockdown* time comes the girls go two per cell- but it's ANY cell. So it's not necessarily the cell (or cellmate) they were in before.

Or another way is just one per cell. Especially since most of these gals are violent offenders. That cuts down on posting time for it- there's only so much to say about being in there alone. The door locks, the all clear sounds, "Lights out my little darlings!" (and of course it's always lit anyhow), and then *poof* showers and breakfast. 

(* Autocorrect wanted to say lick down, which I suppose also works.)
Ons/Offs     Requests     A/A

Dhi

Red, I think the only character of yours I've interacted with was your Shadowrun shaman, Gecko. I never felt she was disingenuous at all, in fact I had been interested to find out more about her because she seemed like a relatable character.

Finding nonwhite nuns who dress the way we think of nuns is probably hopeless, but I'd like to try.

Chrystal

Quote from: LimitlessNikkie on April 17, 2014, 02:28:06 PM

This is basically my issue too.

However....

The night time scene really depends totally on what time of day things start at, and whether anyone actually moves time forward. If we start at lunch time, we might actually get to evening bang-up (the term comes from the sound made by the cell doors being closed) in about six months. If we start in the morning, I doubts we would ever get there.

But I would prefer a dorm, purely for the increased interaction it offers.

The dorm would stikll be locked at night, and the beds would be iron railings...

Something like that...

But in all honesty, I really don't have the energy to care.

And I am not going to actively GM anything for the foreseeable future

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

LimitlessNikkie

Quote from: Bamagirl on April 17, 2014, 02:39:38 PM
Yeah but your Jackie is exactly the girl that NEEDS a cell. Not just for the night, but because she's wild and scary, and sometimes she needs to be put into a cage until she calms down.

Chrys, I think you will need to be an active GM and if things start bogging down too much throw a fire alarm or have the Warden demand a shake down or something.

Another option is that we don't have assigned cells. In the interest of safety and because of a previous problem with contraband all personal items are stores in communal areas. There are cells, and when lockdown* time comes the girls go two per cell- but it's ANY cell. So it's not necessarily the cell they were in before.

Or another way is just one per cell. Especially since most of these gals are violent offenders. That cuts down on posting time for it- there's only so much to say about being in there alone. The door locks, the all clear sounds, "Lights out my little darlings!" (and of course it's always lit anyhow), and then *poof* showers and breakfast. 

(* Autocorrect wanted to say lick down, which I suppose also works.)

Oh I agree Jackie needs to be confined at times violent little sadistic thing that she is I'm just worried about game play. I like the single cell idea for nights it would allow the guards who pretty much do as they please to corner a single prisoner alone or pull out a few as they please and gives them a place to lock up some one for misbehaving or lock someone in with someone else for entertainment without the slow down of long drawn out single scenes.

And I think this could be a good sand box style game so Crystal doesn't have to GM per say. She already set us up with a great working outline and I think as long as discus everything in an OOC it'll be fine without a GM doing any more then passing final judgment on an big question that can't be resolved with say a vote.

Chrystal

The problem with individual cells is, you will end up with players not doing anything, getting bored and dropping out while others are enjoying their sex scenes.

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

BeckyAnnn

Quote from: Chrystal on April 17, 2014, 03:02:52 PM
The problem with individual cells is, you will end up with players not doing anything, getting bored and dropping out while others are enjoying their sex scenes.

I agree,  Chrystal.  That would totally suck for the one in her cell alone.

But at the same time I swoon at Bama's idea above.   *quivers

Chrystal

Right, well, I'm away for a couple of days now... I'll have my phone, and might even have free wifi in the hotel, but I can't guarantee long posts...

So, I will say this now. If you want me to run this - it was my idea after all - I will. But not as any sort of active GM.

BUT: If I'm running it, then it's by my rules. That means we have a dormitory. Sorry, but that is the only way I can see it working. I've started a lot of group games over the years and NEVER had one reach that magic 1000 IC post count that makes it a large game. So I'm pretty cynical about that. The only game I ran that came close was the Mars Colony, and that hit 500 before it died.

This game I see as dying out somewhere about the75-100 post mark if that - there is no story and not many people, and I can see the whole thing just folding in on itself after a couple of initial sex scenes. Yes, I'm being negative, because I want everyone to know why I don't want to run the damn game...

Anyway, point is, I have a lot of experience with killing games off. top causes are:

1) A small group (five or six) in a story-based game and one critical player drops out.
2) Everyone pairs up and has their little sex scene and then loose interest.
3) GM looses interest
4) The game goes in a different direction to that which people were expecting
5) Everyone is waiting for their chance to post, they get bored with waiting and loose interest.

There are other causes, but those are the ones I can think of.

If we go down the "One-per-cell" route we have Cause 5. Cause 2 will happen if we go down the two-per-cell route.

By the way, the suggestion that people get random cell-mates sounds good, but it assumes that the game lasts longer that one day of game-time, which I can assure you it won't. So there is in effect no difference between that and just having two people per cell.

Bama, I'm sure that Pam can do interesting things with handcuffs and iron bedsteads? And there would, of course, be an "isolation" wing, where you get put if you are really bad - but remember that if you're in there, you don't get let out when everyone else does. "The Block" or "The Cooler", is solitary confinement, and that means you are in there alone except when one of the guards comes visiting...

BeckyAnnn

That sounds perfect actually, Chrystal and I was thinking that a combination of the dormitory and "the cooler"  would satisfy both desires. 

I have never (and probably never will) run a group game but I am sure it is frustrating when they fold.  So let's not put any expectations on this one.  If it folds it folds.  Big deal.  We move on to the next quiver worthy idea.  Let's just enjoy it while it lasts.  That is what it is all about, after all, isn't it?

And btw,  I am still looking for ward to a certain nun showing up.  *giggles

Chrystal

Chrystal

Dhi

Player ID: Dhi

Name: Sister Saturnina (Given name Jacquelin Goldmark)

Job: Chaplain

Subject Taught: Bible study

Height: 5'6"

Weight: 130

Personality: A burned out agent of social healing, Sister Saturnina has given up on the potential of the young women passing through the system, and no longer considers them to be human beings. Her lectures on spirituality are dry and tepid, but when it comes to providing counseling, the Sister is always engaged and prodding deeper. Nothing pleases Saturnina more than to betray a  young woman's confidence and trust, and to give her a definitive shove on the path to real prison. Teaching these girls about the real world, preparing them for the harsh reality of the prison system, is the only way she still feels she can affect them.

Any Other Info: Sister Saturnina dwells mostly in the dayroom, where she has a collection of amusements donated by church members. Some of her favorites are...
A ping-pong table, which is where she does her one on one counseling, over a no stakes game. The paddles are well used.
Board games missing various pieces, by far the most popular being a complete deck of cards. Sister Saturnina pretends to have only a single deck, though she has a whole box. By announcing that cards have gone missing and observing the drama between the girls, Sister Saturnina finds girls who are unpopular and vulnerable.
Plaster figures for painting. Sister Saturnina keeps a chess set and small collection of painted figures she claims were painted by past inmates and precious to her; in reality these figures were painted one afternoon during lockdown. The figures are frustratingly delicate and break easily. Sister Saturnina is always distraught when one breaks, in order to alienate the unlucky girl from her peers.
A truly wretched guitar purchased for $20. Sister Saturnina goes through several such guitars a year, offering to teach girls to play. These ratty guitars, too, she claims are historied and precious to her, and they are a magnet for tantrums in the dayroom.

Lynnette

Quote from: Dhi on April 20, 2014, 12:20:02 PM
Player ID: Dhi

Name: Sister Saturnina (Given name Jacquelin Goldmark)

Job: Chaplain

Subject Taught: Bible study

Height: 5'6"

Weight: 130

Personality: A burned out agent of social healing, Sister Saturnina has given up on the potential of the young women passing through the system, and no longer considers them to be human beings. Her lectures on spirituality are dry and tepid, but when it comes to providing counseling, the Sister is always engaged and prodding deeper. Nothing pleases Saturnina more than to betray a  young woman's confidence and trust, and to give her a definitive shove on the path to real prison. Teaching these girls about the real world, preparing them for the harsh reality of the prison system, is the only way she still feels she can affect them.

Any Other Info: Sister Saturnina dwells mostly in the dayroom, where she has a collection of amusements donated by church members. Some of her favorites are...
A ping-pong table, which is where she does her one on one counseling, over a no stakes game. The paddles are well used.
Board games missing various pieces, by far the most popular being a complete deck of cards. Sister Saturnina pretends to have only a single deck, though she has a whole box. By announcing that cards have gone missing and observing the drama between the girls, Sister Saturnina finds girls who are unpopular and vulnerable.
Plaster figures for painting. Sister Saturnina keeps a chess set and small collection of painted figures she claims were painted by past inmates and precious to her; in reality these figures were painted one afternoon during lockdown. The figures are frustratingly delicate and break easily. Sister Saturnina is always distraught when one breaks, in order to alienate the unlucky girl from her peers.
A truly wretched guitar purchased for $20. Sister Saturnina goes through several such guitars a year, offering to teach girls to play. These ratty guitars, too, she claims are historied and precious to her, and they are a magnet for tantrums in the dayroom.

I will now brutally fuck you... In the name of Jesus
I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

Kingfisher

Purely academic question, since this happens to be at the top of the wanted forums ATM:

What is your goal for the game? You're asking for a gm but from skimming the last few pages, this seem very sandboxy in nature. So would the gm just be responsible for setting up compromising situations or would they be responsible for an overarching plot, eg. Green mile/Shawshank?

Just going off number 4 in Crystal's list of 5, I'm not seeing a direction to diverge from, currently.

Chrystal

Quote from: Kingfisher on April 20, 2014, 01:50:43 PM
Purely academic question, since this happens to be at the top of the wanted forums ATM:

What is your goal for the game? You're asking for a gm but from skimming the last few pages, this seem very sandboxy in nature. So would the gm just be responsible for setting up compromising situations or would they be responsible for an overarching plot, eg. Green mile/Shawshank?

Just going off number 4 in Crystal's list of 5, I'm not seeing a direction to diverge from, currently.

Sorry, Kingfisher, but this is ladies only.

QuotePlayer Requirements: This game is open to female players only. There are two possible exceptions: firstly if an experienced male GM offered to run the game without actively taking part with a GM-controlled player character.  The other exception I will save for if it crops up.

If you were offering to GM, I'm afraid you don't qualify. I don't think I'm being unreasonable when I say I would like the word "experienced" in the above quote to refer to experience GMing games on Elliquiy? I'm sorry, but even tough you might have been GMing for decades, this is a unique environment, and you only joined this month.

So, congrats on being approved, and thanks for the interest, but I must decline.

However, the  question is valid....

The goal is basically a means for lesbian subs to be handed around and abused without worrying about male players wanting to join in.

There is no real overarching plot, unless anyone wants to organise a break-out and have it fail....?

That list of reasons games die was generic, not specific. Number 4 could happen here, if, for example, everyone was expecting unlimited smut, and the GM decided to introduce a plot like a jailbreak...?

Chrystal

Dhi, that is MY sort of nun!

I need to go through and see what characters we have.... I'll do that on a bit.

Kingfisher

Quote from: Chrystal on April 20, 2014, 02:12:38 PM
Sorry, Kingfisher, but this is ladies only.

If you were offering to GM, I'm afraid you don't qualify. I don't think I'm being unreasonable when I say I would like the word "experienced" in the above quote to refer to experience GMing games on Elliquiy? I'm sorry, but even tough you might have been GMing for decades, this is a unique environment, and you only joined this month.

So, congrats on being approved, and thanks for the inerest, but I must decline.

I'm flattered, but I think you missed the point of my questions.  At any rate, best of luck in getting this off the ground.

Chrystal

Quote from: Kingfisher on April 20, 2014, 02:26:09 PM
I'm flattered, but I think you missed the point of my questions.  At any rate, best of luck in getting this off the ground.

Actually, you are right, I did miss it. I realised that after I'd replied to the other posts. I have actually edited my reply to yours with an answer...

Sorry, I am not concentrating well at the moment!

Moraline

Just wanted to pop in and say that I'd gladly play in a game created by Chrystal. I'll do up a character shortly to see if it meets approval. Most likely an inmate.

Chrystal

Hi babe, I'd love to have you in.

Quick count up of characters so far:

Staff:
ReaperDouble0 - Arianna Winters (MO)
bamagirl - Pamela "Bam Pam" Roberts (Guard)
Dhi - Sister Saturnina

Top inmates:
LimitlessNikkie - Jackie Dawson
Frozen Star - Marino "Missy" Stevenson

Bottom inmates:
Chrystal - Jocelyn Harper Kilkenny
RedPhoenix - Zannie Cassidy McCormack
BeckyAnnn - Andrea Carver (Andi)
ReaperDouble0 - Serah Faye

Players yet to post a character:
Visna - Probably won't be joining after all. *pouts*
AurelieCatena
Rogue of TimeyWimey Stuff
Sarah Morgan - Is following.
Moraline

Basically, that's 2 inmates per staff member. My ideal ratio would be 3-1, i think...

More tough girl inmates would be good, girls who brutalise the other girls but submit to the staff because they have to...

And a couple more subs, and then we're good to go.

If a GM shows up, I will pass over the reins, otherwise I will put a floor plan together soon.

Moraline

Character Submission:

Player ID: Moraline

Name:  "Cal" Calista Redcloud

Offence:  Theft (over $100,000)

Sentence:  18 months (6 months on good behavior)

Time Served:  one month inside

Height:  5'9"

Weight:  120 lbs

Personality:  Tries to play innocent around authority figures.  Suckers will fall for it but most of the more cynical types won't. She likes money and will do just about anything to get more of it. Her ambition is basic - get rich and live on a beach somewhere. In her eyes, everyone and everything is just a tool in order to achieve those ambitions. Even her time inside is seen as a way for her to make more contacts and learn new skills.

Other Info: Native born, her family moved off the reserve and into the city when she was young. That's when her trouble started. Her family put her into extra curricular activities to try and keep her out of that trouble. However, fights followed and then at a young age the late night raves began.

When she was fourteen she was busted for trafficking MDMA (ecstasy) in a small amount. She was let off with a warning and some community service due to her age but a couple years later was busted for breaking and entering. She had attempted to steal the money from a cash register but didn't manage to break it open before the police arrived. They gave chase and she was caught while running through the local park. Since she wasn't caught with anything of value and minimal damage was done to the property she was again let off with community service only.  Local authorities suspected her of several other small thefts and shop lifting but were never able to catch her. Truth is, she was working on her lock picking skills at that time.

She ran away from home for no other reason then she wanted freedom and felt like her parents didn't understand her.

Physically very dextrous and limber she has many years of gymnastics training and several years of Tae Kwon Do. Using those limber skills and her lock picking skills she's recently taken up a new criminal pursuit - Jewelry and Art Theft.

It started with a couple of small art gallery break ins. Nothing major, just local artist paintings for her own pleasure. Which she proudly displayed on the wall of her apartment... An apartment that she was renting with money taken from stolen credit cards. After those thefts went smoothly she switched to jewelry theft - taken down a few small shops by breaking in through the crawl spaces and duct work.

Finally she got caught after they took down a handful of larger shops with loads of uncut diamonds and emeralds.  Her girlfriend/partner got busted while selling the jewels to a fence. The girl snitched on Cal in order to get a reduced sentence.  The prosecution tried Cal for a fifteen year sentence but Cal's girl next door good looks and earnest expression of apology convinced the jury she was only a troubled youth that was capable of rehabilitation.

Chrystal

Nice.

Okay so, anyone else what to put a character together?

I'm going to start in the evening recriation period after dinner, I think. That will basically be all the existing girls in the rec room, when the new girls arrive.

I think that as our resident spiritual leader hangs out in the rec room, the wing supervisor could escort the new girls there and stay for some fun, and the doc could show up to give them a quick examination...