You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 08, 2016, 02:11:05 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Female Young Offenders Correctional Facility - Interest Check. (Ladies only)  (Read 2224 times)

Offline Bamagirl

Actually, I'm considering making it a dorm thing rather than cells, because that makes it less likely that the game will end up as just "me and my cell mate having fun". If everyone is in the same dorm there can be gang rapes, mass hosing-downs, forcing the shy to strip in front of everyone... etc...
Haha, mass hosings. Hadn't even thought of that (but I do have some clichés and surprises!), and I'm a bit shocked no one else wants to be one of the sadistic bitches guards for these wayward young women. As it stands now it looks like I get to have all the fun.

I suppose it's a matter of perspective though?

One thing I had noticed though is that so far everyone is white. Far be it from me to turn this into a discussion on real and perceived injustices in the justice system, but at least in America most lock-ups are filled with people of color.

Offline RedPhoenix

Mmmmmmm a guard. Excellent!

Regarding race though.

1) I tend to avoid playing racial minorities in a real world setting because I don't have that background and I don't think I could play it well. In this setting especially id be worried about coming off as a stereotype.

2) for female inmates, whites are still the highest population. Women of color don't get locked up at nearly the rate that men do.

Offline ChrystalTopic starter

"People of colour"? Is that the latest politically correct way of saying it?

I have no issues with playing someone who is of a different race, but I'm still trying to figure out my character.

And Bama, the D to S ratio on E is about 1:10 for lesbians. If you include switches like myself in the D side it comes down to about 1:3. So if you're D you should find yourself quite popular!

Online Lynnette

"People of colour"? Is that the latest politically correct way of saying it?

I have no issues with playing someone who is of a different race, but I'm still trying to figure out my character.

And Bama, the D to S ratio on E is about 1:10 for lesbians. If you include switches like myself in the D side it comes down to about 1:3. So if you're D you should find yourself quite popular!

Yup, if you're dom/switch, you're most likely going to have it easy finding people to play with. It's harder when you play sub, which is why I made a character that is as sub as you can get her, and one that is switch with a very very strong preference for being dominant.

Offline RedPhoenix

I have no idea just seemed like an easy way to say not whites.

Just to be clear though I would love to see some darker ladies thrown in (especially as dommes ... Yum) I'm just not really comfortable playing one myself.

I could play Zannie as more of a switch but she'd be more of a "mean girl" humiliation type dom as opposed to a whips and chains type.

Offline BeckyAnnn

I could play Zannie as more of a switch but she'd be more of a "mean girl" humiliation type dom as opposed to a whips and chains type.

Sounds perfect to me.   :D

Nice character, Star.

I have revamped my character to make her more the way I want to play her. I'm looking for a different pic-set for her, to see if I can make her coloured.

Offline Bamagirl

As far as cells go....

So far we have a collection of some fairly egregious offenders to include all manner of violence and mayhem.  From an officer and prisoner safety standpoint I'd think they would have cells. Criminal natures aside (because some of these girls are victims), we all know that emotional teenage girls could act out at any time.  Maybe it's "Oz" style (the TV show, or am I dating myself?) - like a common area they spend most of their time in that is surrounded by their cells for sleeping and lock down purposes.

Or maybe I'm just being greedy because I like the idea of Pamela walking the row and dragging her nightstick loosely so it clatters along the bars and doors until she stops. "Control, Roberts, open D Four. Roger, open, one going in." And then the look of oh no no no not again as she walks in on the pretty little faces.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 02:29:16 PM by Bamagirl »

Offline RedPhoenix

I like the Oz approach. Open area during the day, individual cells at night. At least maybe for the really bad girls?

Offline LimitlessNikkie

• A Good Girl Knows Her Limits
  • Lady
  • Enchanter
  • A Great Girl Knows She Has None
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
The only problem I have with cells is time doesn't pass very quickly in games and at night your stuck with only the person in your cell to interact with and that could turn things into a whole bunch of solo scenes with little outside interaction very quickly if we don't keep time moving in game.

Offline Bamagirl

The only problem I have with cells is time doesn't pass very quickly in games and at night your stuck with only the person in your cell to interact with and that could turn things into a whole bunch of solo scenes with little outside interaction very quickly if we don't keep time moving in game.
Yeah but your Jackie is exactly the girl that NEEDS a cell. Not just for the night, but because she's wild and scary, and sometimes she needs to be put into a cage until she calms down.

Chrys, I think you will need to be an active GM and if things start bogging down too much throw a fire alarm or have the Warden demand a shake down or something.

Another option is that we don't have assigned cells. In the interest of safety and because of a previous problem with contraband all personal items are stores in communal areas. There are cells, and when lockdown* time comes the girls go two per cell- but it's ANY cell. So it's not necessarily the cell (or cellmate) they were in before.

Or another way is just one per cell. Especially since most of these gals are violent offenders. That cuts down on posting time for it- there's only so much to say about being in there alone. The door locks, the all clear sounds, "Lights out my little darlings!" (and of course it's always lit anyhow), and then *poof* showers and breakfast. 

(* Autocorrect wanted to say lick down, which I suppose also works.)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 02:45:33 PM by Bamagirl »

Online Dhi

Red, I think the only character of yours I've interacted with was your Shadowrun shaman, Gecko. I never felt she was disingenuous at all, in fact I had been interested to find out more about her because she seemed like a relatable character.

Finding nonwhite nuns who dress the way we think of nuns is probably hopeless, but I'd like to try.

This is basically my issue too.

However....

The night time scene really depends totally on what time of day things start at, and whether anyone actually moves time forward. If we start at lunch time, we might actually get to evening bang-up (the term comes from the sound made by the cell doors being closed) in about six months. If we start in the morning, I doubts we would ever get there.

But I would prefer a dorm, purely for the increased interaction it offers.

The dorm would stikll be locked at night, and the beds would be iron railings...

Something like that...

But in all honesty, I really don't have the energy to care.

And I am not going to actively GM anything for the foreseeable future

Offline LimitlessNikkie

• A Good Girl Knows Her Limits
  • Lady
  • Enchanter
  • A Great Girl Knows She Has None
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Yeah but your Jackie is exactly the girl that NEEDS a cell. Not just for the night, but because she's wild and scary, and sometimes she needs to be put into a cage until she calms down.

Chrys, I think you will need to be an active GM and if things start bogging down too much throw a fire alarm or have the Warden demand a shake down or something.

Another option is that we don't have assigned cells. In the interest of safety and because of a previous problem with contraband all personal items are stores in communal areas. There are cells, and when lockdown* time comes the girls go two per cell- but it's ANY cell. So it's not necessarily the cell they were in before.

Or another way is just one per cell. Especially since most of these gals are violent offenders. That cuts down on posting time for it- there's only so much to say about being in there alone. The door locks, the all clear sounds, "Lights out my little darlings!" (and of course it's always lit anyhow), and then *poof* showers and breakfast. 

(* Autocorrect wanted to say lick down, which I suppose also works.)

Oh I agree Jackie needs to be confined at times violent little sadistic thing that she is I'm just worried about game play. I like the single cell idea for nights it would allow the guards who pretty much do as they please to corner a single prisoner alone or pull out a few as they please and gives them a place to lock up some one for misbehaving or lock someone in with someone else for entertainment without the slow down of long drawn out single scenes.

And I think this could be a good sand box style game so Crystal doesn't have to GM per say. She already set us up with a great working outline and I think as long as discus everything in an OOC it'll be fine without a GM doing any more then passing final judgment on an big question that can't be resolved with say a vote.

The problem with individual cells is, you will end up with players not doing anything, getting bored and dropping out while others are enjoying their sex scenes.

Offline BeckyAnnn

The problem with individual cells is, you will end up with players not doing anything, getting bored and dropping out while others are enjoying their sex scenes.

I agree,  Chrystal.  That would totally suck for the one in her cell alone.

But at the same time I swoon at Bama's idea above.   *quivers

Right, well, I'm away for a couple of days now... I'll have my phone, and might even have free wifi in the hotel, but I can't guarantee long posts...

So, I will say this now. If you want me to run this - it was my idea after all - I will. But not as any sort of active GM.

BUT: If I'm running it, then it's by my rules. That means we have a dormitory. Sorry, but that is the only way I can see it working. I've started a lot of group games over the years and NEVER had one reach that magic 1000 IC post count that makes it a large game. So I'm pretty cynical about that. The only game I ran that came close was the Mars Colony, and that hit 500 before it died.

This game I see as dying out somewhere about the75-100 post mark if that - there is no story and not many people, and I can see the whole thing just folding in on itself after a couple of initial sex scenes. Yes, I'm being negative, because I want everyone to know why I don't want to run the damn game...

Anyway, point is, I have a lot of experience with killing games off. top causes are:

1) A small group (five or six) in a story-based game and one critical player drops out.
2) Everyone pairs up and has their little sex scene and then loose interest.
3) GM looses interest
4) The game goes in a different direction to that which people were expecting
5) Everyone is waiting for their chance to post, they get bored with waiting and loose interest.

There are other causes, but those are the ones I can think of.

If we go down the "One-per-cell" route we have Cause 5. Cause 2 will happen if we go down the two-per-cell route.

By the way, the suggestion that people get random cell-mates sounds good, but it assumes that the game lasts longer that one day of game-time, which I can assure you it won't. So there is in effect no difference between that and just having two people per cell.

Bama, I'm sure that Pam can do interesting things with handcuffs and iron bedsteads? And there would, of course, be an "isolation" wing, where you get put if you are really bad - but remember that if you're in there, you don't get let out when everyone else does. "The Block" or "The Cooler", is solitary confinement, and that means you are in there alone except when one of the guards comes visiting...

Offline RedPhoenix

Red, I think the only character of yours I've interacted with was your Shadowrun shaman, Gecko. I never felt she was disingenuous at all, in fact I had been interested to find out more about her because she seemed like a relatable character.

Finding nonwhite nuns who dress the way we think of nuns is probably hopeless, but I'd like to try.

That is very sweet of you to say Dhi. I was really looking forward to writing with you in that game. Maybe we'll get the chance here. :)

Offline BeckyAnnn

That sounds perfect actually, Chrystal and I was thinking that a combination of the dormitory and "the cooler"  would satisfy both desires. 

I have never (and probably never will) run a group game but I am sure it is frustrating when they fold.  So let's not put any expectations on this one.  If it folds it folds.  Big deal.  We move on to the next quiver worthy idea.  Let's just enjoy it while it lasts.  That is what it is all about, after all, isn't it?

And btw,  I am still looking for ward to a certain nun showing up.  *giggles

You have a thing for nuns... Giggles

Offline BeckyAnnn

You have a thing for nuns... Giggles

Actually I think you do.    *winks

I don't  deny it.

Online Dhi

Player ID: Dhi

Name: Sister Saturnina (Given name Jacquelin Goldmark)

Job: Chaplain

Subject Taught: Bible study

Height: 5'6"

Weight: 130

Personality: A burned out agent of social healing, Sister Saturnina has given up on the potential of the young women passing through the system, and no longer considers them to be human beings. Her lectures on spirituality are dry and tepid, but when it comes to providing counseling, the Sister is always engaged and prodding deeper. Nothing pleases Saturnina more than to betray a  young woman's confidence and trust, and to give her a definitive shove on the path to real prison. Teaching these girls about the real world, preparing them for the harsh reality of the prison system, is the only way she still feels she can affect them.

Any Other Info: Sister Saturnina dwells mostly in the dayroom, where she has a collection of amusements donated by church members. Some of her favorites are...
A ping-pong table, which is where she does her one on one counseling, over a no stakes game. The paddles are well used.
Board games missing various pieces, by far the most popular being a complete deck of cards. Sister Saturnina pretends to have only a single deck, though she has a whole box. By announcing that cards have gone missing and observing the drama between the girls, Sister Saturnina finds girls who are unpopular and vulnerable.
Plaster figures for painting. Sister Saturnina keeps a chess set and small collection of painted figures she claims were painted by past inmates and precious to her; in reality these figures were painted one afternoon during lockdown. The figures are frustratingly delicate and break easily. Sister Saturnina is always distraught when one breaks, in order to alienate the unlucky girl from her peers.
A truly wretched guitar purchased for $20. Sister Saturnina goes through several such guitars a year, offering to teach girls to play. These ratty guitars, too, she claims are historied and precious to her, and they are a magnet for tantrums in the dayroom.

Offline BeckyAnnn

Woot! 

And there is the faithful sister.

Online Lynnette

Player ID: Dhi

Name: Sister Saturnina (Given name Jacquelin Goldmark)

Job: Chaplain

Subject Taught: Bible study

Height: 5'6"

Weight: 130

Personality: A burned out agent of social healing, Sister Saturnina has given up on the potential of the young women passing through the system, and no longer considers them to be human beings. Her lectures on spirituality are dry and tepid, but when it comes to providing counseling, the Sister is always engaged and prodding deeper. Nothing pleases Saturnina more than to betray a  young woman's confidence and trust, and to give her a definitive shove on the path to real prison. Teaching these girls about the real world, preparing them for the harsh reality of the prison system, is the only way she still feels she can affect them.

Any Other Info: Sister Saturnina dwells mostly in the dayroom, where she has a collection of amusements donated by church members. Some of her favorites are...
A ping-pong table, which is where she does her one on one counseling, over a no stakes game. The paddles are well used.
Board games missing various pieces, by far the most popular being a complete deck of cards. Sister Saturnina pretends to have only a single deck, though she has a whole box. By announcing that cards have gone missing and observing the drama between the girls, Sister Saturnina finds girls who are unpopular and vulnerable.
Plaster figures for painting. Sister Saturnina keeps a chess set and small collection of painted figures she claims were painted by past inmates and precious to her; in reality these figures were painted one afternoon during lockdown. The figures are frustratingly delicate and break easily. Sister Saturnina is always distraught when one breaks, in order to alienate the unlucky girl from her peers.
A truly wretched guitar purchased for $20. Sister Saturnina goes through several such guitars a year, offering to teach girls to play. These ratty guitars, too, she claims are historied and precious to her, and they are a magnet for tantrums in the dayroom.

I will now brutally fuck you... In the name of Jesus