You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 08, 2016, 11:51:24 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: BESM 3 with Tentacle Monsters  (Read 1544 times)

Offline steelsmiterTopic starter

• Special Constable Wossname Ferret
  • Lord
  • Seducer
  • Location: At the Glorious Revolution with the People's Republic of Treacle Mine Road
  • you don't need a reason to help people
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
BESM 3 with Tentacle Monsters
« on: April 09, 2014, 12:11:40 AM »
So I'm thinking on running a game with Tentacle Monsters using BESM 3
This post contains the information I have so far. I just thought I'd check in here to see what people thought. Before anyone gets too judgmental, this thread is for people who are interested in playing the game, not people interested in insulting the idea of tentacle monster games. With that said there's a few things I'd like opinions on:

1) Setting- There's a strategy game/VN called Pretty Soldier Wars that makes me think the game would be neat to set up in a modern day setting. At the same time, I also like medieval settings, and Fantasy, so I wouldn't be opposed to Fantasy Feudal Japan. Mecha wouldn't make much sense unless the tentacle monsters were obliterating buildings by sheer size... but that kind of removes the original drive to run a tentacle monster game in the first place. On a lesser note, I wouldn't exactly require that the game be ran in Japan at all. And even if I ran it in Fantasy Europe, Japanese characters could feasibly immigrate (though I wouldn't run it in England if only one European character exists)

2) Power Level- While running PSW or Feudal Fantasy Japan with every character heroic might be nice, and indeed has its place, I'm also fond of basically mundane humans simply stepping up to the plate. Rather than creating a separate bullet point though, I may as well mention here that if the heroes are Heroes, advancement will be slower. If they're mundane humans, rapid advancement is totally reasonable.

3) Miscellany- Anything I might have missed.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 01:50:56 PM by steelsmiter »

• Lord
  • Seducer
  • Location: At the Glorious Revolution with the People's Republic of Treacle Mine Road
  • View My Rolls
Re: BESM 3 with Tentacle Monsters
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 06:02:35 PM »
It has been brought to my attention that a few details need to be clarified:

Endowments count as weapon levels for the purpose of Libido Damage. Women may also have Endowment levels which represent Tight Orifices, or Kegel Exercises.

EDIT: It bears mentioning that Futanari are not forbidden, so endowments can represent that too, but they're at 1d6" less than a standard male.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 11:53:12 PM by steelsmiter »

• Lord
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 11:55:11 PM »
I also added "Ablative Clothing" to this post.

Offline MistressVoluptas

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 01:18:01 AM »
Sorry it took me a little bit to set things up sweetie and sorry for all the questions, but if it's ok to ask another question. If I wind up an incubator and npc-ified would I still be allowed to post?

• Lord
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 09:53:36 AM »
Yeah, It seems like it would be more organic if you were to post how your character has become obsessed with collecting the monster seed and stuff. After that, there's nothing that would stop you from creating another character either.

• Lord
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 09:56:24 AM »
So what's your take on Setting, Power Level, or anything I may have missed?

Offline MistressVoluptas

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 10:13:10 AM »
I'm pretty keen about any setting sweetie even.

I'm not familiar with that VN you mentioned, but it sounds kind sailor moon-ish so I think I get the gist of it from context I think :)

I agree with/love the idea of keeping things scaled to on foot encounters.

As for power level  starting out not super strong, or even just completely normal, but with a single gift or two and getting stronger over time sounds like it would a lot fun. I think it might give the game an awesome sort of survival aspect and a sense of accomplishment if you up wind making it for a long time without being incubator.

I love every single thing about the game sweetie! ;)

• Lord
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2014, 10:32:33 AM »
Well, there's a game called Guilty the SiN that's pretty much the same concept, but all the demon fights are on panels rather than actually being tactical scenarios. In GtS, there's really only a couple characters that are capable of fighting off the demons and they're all using chi rather than firearms. I actually like GtS better though, partly for the unarmed/archaic weapons factor, but also because it starts of indulging one of my fetishes (but it does end up saying 'backsies' we're not really doing that).

Offline MistressVoluptas

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2014, 11:24:52 AM »
I meant the Pretty Solider one, but those sounds neat too! However, would it be ok I asked what fetish they backed out on though?

Oh also I love the idea of Chi/Unarmed/Archaic weapons thing too. Somehow the idea of weapons that don't carry at least a slight risk of being grabbed when it's used just don't seem as fun.

• Lord
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2014, 11:49:25 AM »
Main character's main squeeze started off as his sister. She ended up being adopted (oh and a demon princess).

• Lord
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2014, 01:47:42 PM »
So the above post has been edited to include rules for initiating sexual encounters.

Offline Zaer Darkwail

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2014, 06:13:20 AM »
Sounds interesting, could it be possible for players play as the monsters if GM gives stats of the monsters for players to play? Also you can have melee weapons in modern if you just justify it; example monsters having specialized forcefield which gives them high resistance against ballistic weapons.

• Lord
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2014, 08:55:43 AM »
Sounds interesting, could it be possible for players play as the monsters if GM gives stats of the monsters for players to play?
I'm not against transformation as long as the player is willing to RP that they have lost their humanity and don't show preference for any particular player in their attacks and stuff. I could easily see a player transiforming into something like this:
Pathfinder Gylou inspired art

They're also called handmaidens. There's supposed to be like 7 tentacles in place of where her legs cut away. This game isn't really intended to allow humanity to be on friendly terms with tentacle monsters, so having them play as characters is not really compatible with what I'm going for. But if someone wants to play a tentacle abomination instead of a monster incubator, that's fine by me.

Also you can have melee weapons in modern if you just justify it;
Persona/SMT did it quite well :D Nagi Okitsu from Guilty the SiN uses nifty little magic blades. Interestingly, she's the only one that becomes a breeding pit with her bad ending.

example monsters having specialized forcefield which gives them high resistance against ballistic weapons.
Personally I'd rather give them high Dedicated or Specialized Armor against mundane weapons. The Item restriction would be something you could easily buy off the streets and wouldn't likely be enchanted. Shotguns could be enchanted to shoot like Dragon's Breath ammo, and it really is!

Personally I really like tweaking with systems, and defining what is and isn't a mundane weapon could be a fun little exercise for me.

Offline Zaer Darkwail

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2014, 09:05:36 AM »
I mostly meant that some players may want play the opposition than the team which gets eventually devoured or tentacle mangled :P. Aye, specialized armor or field vs mundane weapons (so meaning you need some special or magic to enhance otherwise mundane weapon to work vs them).

As I do like play the monster than the maiden so to speak so that's why asked potential spot to play monster(s).

Offline Muse

• Bibliopheliac -- Luna's Arcangel -- PiP's Sidhe Lord -- Karasu's Heartthrob -- Tyloka's Dragon -- Mistress Voluptuouss's Hand Bra -- Making Allanger Welcome at her Destination
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2014, 09:11:06 AM »
*Waves*  Good morning, Steel!  May I join?  :)

• Lord
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2014, 09:15:00 AM »
I mostly meant that some players may want play the opposition than the team which gets eventually devoured or tentacle mangled :P. Aye, specialized armor or field vs mundane weapons (so meaning you need some special or magic to enhance otherwise mundane weapon to work vs them).

As I do like play the monster than the maiden so to speak so that's why asked potential spot to play monster(s).
Well, I would want it to start as a character driven game, so it could be that someone who wanted to play a monster could get captured early (like I'd specifically target them for monster grapples and have the monster flee with the character in tow). I could accomplish this using post tags

Character Name:
Tagged:

For anyone unfamiliar with post tags, that would go at the top of each IC post. The added line at the end (Monster Bait?) Would be a Y/N flag that told me whether I need to make the player a priority of monster attacks, and they can delete the word Bait when they become a monster. Players who don't want to become monsters but end up losing the fight incidentally and would rather not retire or make a new character could also use the Monster?:Yes flag as well :D. They'd be out of the current fight, but would regenerate by the next fight.

• Lord
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2014, 09:18:26 AM »
*Waves*  Good morning, Steel!  May I join?  :)
This is in GM's Corner because I haven't made it into a game yet. I'm still hashing out details, but when I pop the game open, yeah, you can join. Anyway, so that last post deals with the possibility of 'monster characters' sorta. It gives me an idea that people could play characters with human level points, but transform into Heroic or Mythic level antagonists.

I'm still looking for preferences on setting (era and stuff)

• Lord
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2014, 09:24:33 AM »
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Personally I'd rather give them high Dedicated or Specialized Armor
The words I was looking for here were "Specialized" and "Optimized". I would not use Optimized though, because I'd want the monster to be somewhat resilient against attack.

Offline Zaer Darkwail

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2014, 09:48:15 AM »
Well, idea was more that I play monsters, may they die or capture maidens or not. Basically like co-GM who helps run monster encounters :P. I hope this is more clear enough. If there is chance to make own monster character and design it, then better. But I am happy to play monsters who attempt molest their victims and mostly may get nuked but it can be rewarding when monster succeeds  >:)

So in short never run a human character at all. Just monsters.

Offline Muse

• Bibliopheliac -- Luna's Arcangel -- PiP's Sidhe Lord -- Karasu's Heartthrob -- Tyloka's Dragon -- Mistress Voluptuouss's Hand Bra -- Making Allanger Welcome at her Destination
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 6
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2014, 09:54:45 AM »
*Chuckles*  Didn't even realize I was in the Gms corner. 

Okay, let's see if I have anything of interest to offer. 

First of all, I believe what Zaer was talking about was the GM getting help from other E members running antagonists.  (Lipstick Epithet is doing this in her 5th edition D&D game "Girls of Lumeria".  It's a lot of fun.)   

Hm...  So, in the game you envision, a girl can't give birth to a tentacle monster without becoming an NPC?  I know a couple of girl's who'd be disappointed by that. 

Any one of the settings you suggested could be fun.  I might particularly have fun with a fantasy setting with at least loose inspiration from feudal japan. 

• Lord
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2014, 10:20:10 AM »
You're talking about Co-GMing then. I don't know, maybe. If the group size gets out of hand, that maybe will likely become a yes. Of course if you Co-GM that would allow me to GMPC more easily, because I really get bored with games I'm not at least on some level actually playing. But I tend to run dumb GMPCs or those that don't particularly outshine anyone.

Still whether you Co-GM or not, I need to come up with Tentacle Monster Stats for several varieties:

One that has pincers like a scorpion, but also tentacles
One that has a humanoid body but replaces half of it with tentacles (like the handmaiden)
One that looks like a sunflower with a maw that 'stamen' shaped tentacles come out of
A giant squid that drags its anatomical upper body behind it. It could feasibly secrete fluid like a snail.
Any others from Guilty the SiN or Pretty Soldier Wars 2048 I may have noticed.

For generic details, I could see 30-50 points in Stats, 10-20 points in Emphasized Armor, and 3 minimum weapon levels being qualities of pretty much every tentacle monster, plus a variable number of extra arms. I just thought of something amusing though: Massive Damage could represent MASSIVE TENTACLES

First of all, I believe what Zaer was talking about was the GM getting help from other E members running antagonists.  (Lipstick Epithet is doing this in her 5th edition D&D game "Girls of Lumeria".  It's a lot of fun.)
Yep. I noticed that too.

Hm...  So, in the game you envision, a girl can't give birth to a tentacle monster without becoming an NPC?  I know a couple of girl's who'd be disappointed by that.
Not precisely, rather that becoming impregnated by tentacle monsters shifts their priorities on a cosmic scale. They could still play the character, but they'd have a physiological imperative to continue the species. I don't see that being particularly inspiring for long term play, but it is in keeping with the standard tentacle monster paradigms. So the other idea is that they become tentacle monsters and antagonize players :D

Any one of the settings you suggested could be fun.  I might particularly have fun with a fantasy setting with at least loose inspiration from feudal japan.

I have a dead game here (the banner in my sig) that ended up becoming a very active game over on RPoL. It's built more like a high school comedy game but the RPoL game has dungeon crawling against tentacle monsters and such as a background one off type event (er well... 3 off). Anyway, I could use an earlier version of that fictional town, which I've been sorta itching to use that town in a different context anyway. Plus it's called Kagemusha and it's always fun to insert harmless Chris Farley references in games.

Offline MistressVoluptas

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2014, 10:25:59 AM »

I happen to be one of them ;p It might be neat to be some kind of broodmother-like creature, but I'm ok with however Thunder-chan wants to play it. Plus being a handmaiden sounds like it could be a little more active and less bad-end-y.

A person playing an antagonist could be fun if they are ok with maybe dying sometimes.

• Lord
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2014, 10:28:08 AM »
A person playing an antagonist could be fun if they are ok with maybe dying sometimes.
High levels of Reincarnation that is difficult to stop make for fun "boss creatures" :D

Offline Zaer Darkwail

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2014, 10:34:04 AM »
Indeed, and wonder if some players who mainly play antagonists get to create own boss monster ;).

But as said, fine play the monsters like a co-GM and thus give you steel enjoyment playing char as I control the monsters (or help control them).

Offline MistressVoluptas

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2014, 10:38:51 AM »
Well since games are always fond of that succubus trope why not add add a tentacle incubus? A creature that appears a stunningly handsome shirtless man in an olive green hoodie pulled over his head and black pants. He appears at first in fog or at a distance with a deep, sexy siren voice.. However once you get closer it becomes very obvious something is off

Those tight black pants are actually cords prehensile hairs that strip away to reveal a single neigh endlessly extending phallic tentacle and instead of a normal human genital like end, well have you ever seen that scene in aliens where one protruding mouth pops out of the other? Kind of like that.