Legend of Dragoon OC RP

Started by JayNighte, April 02, 2014, 11:37:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayNighte

Have any of you RPers ever heard of Legend of Dragoon? I was hoping to have a spiritual sequel RP of it here, where we each create a character that will discover a Dragoon Spirit - or perhaps each of the spirits could be based off of a different mythological creature.

JayNighte

For those who do not know what Legend of Dragoon is:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend_of_Dragoon
It was a game where people go on an adventure, and end up trying to save the world, much like a Final Fantasy game. However, they each found an elemental Dragoon Spirits, which allow the user to fuse with the spirit of a Dragon, gaining special armor, wings, and the ability to use powerful magic.

Green Goo Theory

I am bummed you never received any kind of response or attention to this thread.  I had been searching for LoD based roleplay for more than a decade now with hardly any success. 
Coming soon...

JayNighte

Perhaps we could work together to find some good LoD RP. I am not sure how, as I can't PM or give you "personal" information such as IRC info or Skype info.

*sigh*

Rajah

Are you planning to run the game yourself?
"They say even the proudest spirits can be broken...with love."

-The Beldame (CORALINE by Neil Gaiman)

Green Goo Theory

I wouldn't mind trying to run something.  I don't have allt he write-ups I used to have for the setting though.  The problem isn't finding a willing leader or GM but to find willing members.
Coming soon...

Idej

A cult classic of mine, I beat the crap out of that game.  100% completion and overleveled by the time I got to the end.

WOnderful game.  Bittersweet ending in my opinion.

JayNighte

One of my favorite RPs of all time. I just hope we don't need two Wind elemental characters :P

But seriously. I would love to either GM OR play as one of the characters - the latter more than the former, especially since someone offered to GM. Thank you, Tonberryshuffle. I am still willing to GM or co-GM if you want me to, though...

Green Goo Theory

If we cna get the cast for it.

Chances are I'd need to also have a DMPC.  Which I really would want to avoid if I could.
Coming soon...

Rajah

We have at least three people interested as players, and there tends to be at least a few more who'll show up to an actual game but not an interest check. How many are you looking for?

Green Goo Theory

Close to a whole dragoon party, probably.  Maybe not all of'em.  It'd be better if I could do without having to fill a role in the party if I'm also DMing.  I don't like using DMPC's if I can help it. 
Coming soon...

Rajah

Well, it's up to you - you could look for completion later on with rolling acceptance or just not worry about a perfect circle, so to speak, if you don't want to run your own character.

Green Goo Theory

What kinds of characters is everyone interested right now anyway? 
Coming soon...

JayNighte

What do you mean? Element? Personality? Role?

EdwardShane

I could give it a try if you guys are open to allowing me to join, perhaps...I can't say I ever got a chance to beat the game itself yet due to circumstances beyond my control, but I did get through disk one a couple years back.  I really did love the game though, and hope to play fully through it one day.

Green Goo Theory

Quote from: JayNighte on May 01, 2014, 03:30:43 PM
What do you mean? Element? Personality? Role?

Anything.  Element, character personality, maybe history (just a general preference since nothing of the setting is set yet), character race?  whatever you might have possibly thought up so far.

Quote from: EdwardShane on May 01, 2014, 04:27:16 PM
I could give it a try if you guys are open to allowing me to join, perhaps...I can't say I ever got a chance to beat the game itself yet due to circumstances beyond my control, but I did get through disk one a couple years back.  I really did love the game though, and hope to play fully through it one day.

If I was running the game I wouldn't require people that were experts on the game anyway.  It's more believable that way when a character doesn't know something. 
Coming soon...

EdwardShane

Quote from: Tonberryshuffle on May 01, 2014, 04:36:57 PM
Anything.  Element, character personality, maybe history (just a general preference since nothing of the setting is set yet), character race?  whatever you might have possibly thought up so far.

If I was running the game I wouldn't require people that were experts on the game anyway.  It's more believable that way when a character doesn't know something.

Just a few questions...what races would you allow?  Are there weapon restrictions for particular elements?  Is it okay to call dibs on particular elements, and what would the general function of each element be in your mind?

Green Goo Theory

I'd be fairly lenient on the choice of races.  I would lean towards balance though.  Something like a wingly, Gigantos, minitos, etc would all be allowed.  I really don't care about weapon choice for the respective elements.  Not sure on calling dibs just yet; if everyone wants the same element it may cause problems. 

Finally, what do you mean about 'general function'...? 
Coming soon...

EdwardShane

By general function, I mean what does each element do?  Like...a lot of games and RPs have elements do specific things.  Like fire focusing on doing high amounts of straight up damage, light based magic doing buffs and healing, darkness crippling foes, earth being balanced between offense and defense, etc etc.  Just as examples...I don't recall the game really doing a lot of this, but some GMs like to add tweaks like that anyway.

Though...those races I am not familiar with (or maybe just don't remember) off the top of my head.  I should refresh my memory on the world this will take place in.

EdwardShane

Ahhh okay.  Now I remember the races....I just didn't remember, it's been so long since I played what little I got to.

Green Goo Theory

Yeah, they had a few obvious races.  Winglies the uber magical race (with obvious exceptions), Gigants, and hobbit or halfling like minintos.  Obvious humans are obvious. 

As for the function of elements I'd pretty much leave it to how things were done in-game.  We saw some elemental-related attacks visible in higher end additions.
Coming soon...

EdwardShane

All right then.  I know what I -want- to play then, just not sure if it would be okay to call it yet. >.< lol. 
I had in mind a Winglie Dark Dragoon...still working on the rest of the char concept.

Green Goo Theory

I don't mind winglies.  I just wouldn't want someone like Lloyd who was also a full blown Dragoon.  I mention that because it was mentioned by Lloyd himself the Divine Dragoon spirit didn't react to him.  Which leaves one of two possible options; either his armored form was a natural power up or that he was able to use the divine dragoon spirit as a figurative magic battery to boost his natural Wingly magic.  They never really clarified in the game.

Just mentioning that since some people still think Lloyd was using an actual Dragoon form.  Which...would be even worse. 
Coming soon...

EdwardShane

Well...considering I was actually considering making my character be an oddball who can't access the serious magic except in dragoon mode, I don't think that should be an issue.  I think the most they would be able to do outside of dragoon form would be lesser hexes.  Just some debuffs that can be put on enemies, for in-game terms....but only with your okay, of course.

Zeth

So would this use a system or be pure freeform?