You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 02, 2016, 04:31:13 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Besm 3th edition game ideas  (Read 605 times)

Online Zaer DarkwailTopic starter

Besm 3th edition game ideas
« on: April 02, 2014, 08:45:10 AM »
Yeah, as title says in here I have some ideas for BESM 3th edition games. Only problem I see is that folks may not have access to the book nor PDF (or have not thought google for free copy of it :P). But for sake of discussion I have listed my game ideas in below which would use the system which is comparable to mutants and masterminds (and no, I do not have mutants and masterminds but heard it's comparable to it).

Date A Live

Yeah, based on that harem anime the game is based on players who choose between three factions (or not be part of any of them) while interacting with spirits who are build in using heroic formula while normal humans are used lesser points (although humans able to seal powers of spirits with kiss get it as unique power with cost of 10pts). There will be both male and female spirits.

Three factions are Ratatoskr which focuses on dealing with spirits peacefully and by luring them on dates with humans who are able seal spirits powers with a kiss during time when they are strongly emotionally attracted to the said human. Second faction is AST (Anti-Spirit Team) which have personel flying around in aerial battle suits/mechs which tech weapons approach on level of sorcery/wizardry. They use mostly hostile means to try kill or capture spirits (government sponsored).

Third is custom faction called FSBT (Forceful Spirit Binders Team), which focus on confront spirits like Ratatoskr but unlike them they see exploit spirits and the spirit sealing humans (who can access portion of spirit's powers as they are sealed inside them) as means industrialize them for use of warfare. The company is mercenary company with weapon manufacture in aside along with shady dealings. The method how they proceed bind and control spirits is by aphrosidiac drugs and condittion them to be submissive 'pets' for their owners (so NC stuff and master and slave scenarios).

Then there is option not be part of any factions above as a human. But players get choose between able play as spirit or as human.

Fate Stay

Yeah, based on Fate Stay Night, Fate/Zero and so on but on ahead 100 years in future where Holy Grail Wars are starting anew and also to point where it is televisioned to all wizards and their families as form of modern gladiator combat entertainment. Players get to choose play as either master/mistresses (with occultic magic powers) or as heroic spirits (who have set template for being heroic spirit and limitations given but can build their heroic spirits in very dramatic fashion and got more points to spend, a additional template is added for caster, archer, saber etc archtyped spirits).

Thought to use Your Fate/Stay Night Servant generator, so that players who play as master/mistress get to use generator to get identity for their servant but player who plays said heroic spirit get to stat them out as they wish and play them as they wish.

Offline Thufir Hawat

Re: Besm 3th edition game ideas
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 09:33:57 AM »
Are you sure this shoudn't be in the Group RPs Wanted sub-forum? I don't see anything to discuss, at least, although it should be noted that M&M3 is kinda unlikely to be compatible.
If you're asking whether your ideas could work system-wise, probably yes, but I haven't read BESM 3rd edition, since I wasn't particularly enamoured with 2e before that.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 09:59:40 AM by Thufir Hawat »

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 11:08:13 AM »
I mostly want discuss any details which I need take on if I start any of the above games. I may not have time run more than just one of them and also get fellow GM's opinion are ideas good or not. Also I would like hear advices like what benchmark to use for various games; go heroic benchmark for Date A Live for mortals example?

I had also thought run Bleach themed game on the system but it's less thought off from two above.

Offline Thufir Hawat

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 01:38:41 PM »
Yeah, not having read BESM 3e, I don't think I can help with details. On first look, your ideas sound reasonable, but that's all I can tell ;).
Of course, I'm sure someone else would know better, the trick is to lure them to read this thread ;D!

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 04:01:27 PM »
Need hire strippers or add NFSW to the title (and add pics) :P

Offline Thufir Hawat

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2014, 01:57:15 PM »
That would definitely ensure the highest rate of views on E. for this thread ;D!

Online Laughing Hyena

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2014, 02:13:26 PM »
I would approve of the first idea since I like the idea of it. ^_^

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2014, 03:04:33 PM »
Yeah, first idea has potentials :). Anyways would it bring more players if I advertise I build their characters up if people PM me? Depending on how many jump on the boat it may result get lots PM's and lot work be done (but then again I do not need check sheets for math stuff and approval for powers if any as I design how they work).

Offline Thufir Hawat

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2014, 06:55:54 PM »
Anyways would it bring more players if I advertise I build their characters up if people PM me?
I'd say that this sounds likely to gather more interest, yes.

Offline steelsmiter

• Special Constable Wossname Ferret
  • Lord
  • Seducer
  • Location: At the Glorious Revolution with the People's Republic of Treacle Mine Road
  • you don't need a reason to help people
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2014, 11:18:36 PM »
My thoughts on benchmarks:

I really like the idea of setting benchmarks for every BESM game, but I think the Stat benchmarks are too low, so I always allow 1 point higher on the Stat maximums. I also don't like the CV Minimum values, so I only use the Maximum.

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2014, 07:26:17 AM »
Ok, thanks for the comment Steelsmiter, I keep it in mind when I assign benchmarks :). Example Yoshino from Date A Live would have low CV compared to Tohka (by a lot, even if they both are spirits).

Offline steelsmiter

• Lord
  • Seducer
  • Location: At the Glorious Revolution with the People's Republic of Treacle Mine Road
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2014, 08:44:20 AM »
Well, what I meant was that I like to let the CV benchmarks fall where they may between the caracters without worrying about minimums, because I don't really think the Combat Values are going to fall that low where they're going to see heavy use. And where they aren't, the standard defect level is -10 points (-1 ACV or DCV) anyway, so unless higher Defect levels are set, mimimums matter far less.

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2014, 08:49:53 AM »
Aha, ok.

Offline MistressVoluptas

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2014, 09:16:50 AM »
Like I said on RPOL turtle-chan I'd love to join :) but is there a certain character or anything you think I should focus on using as inspiration?

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2014, 09:32:00 AM »
Well, it would be easy if you would check Date A Live anime itself and see what char inspires you :). But idea is that players roll original chars than make copies.

Offline steelsmiter

• Lord
  • Seducer
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2014, 07:46:19 PM »
Like I said on RPOL turtle-chan I'd love to join :) but is there a certain character or anything you think I should focus on using as inspiration?

This one ain't my thread ferret-chan. I'm actually using my Ons and Offs thread to finalize rules I'm going to be using for my game. I'd start a different thread for my game ideas. When you get approved, I'll link it over in Group Roleplays Wanted thread.