Justice League Reborn (Reboot)

Started by Jarod1, March 30, 2014, 08:48:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarod1

Wow, just wow.  I was looking over what everyone has come up with and I must say I am loving it.  Love the bio's for Zatanna, Stargirl, and Posion Ivy. 

I could see Posion Ivy potentially being someone who could be convinced to work with the hero's eventually.  I could see her being convinced that if Darkseid is not stopped all the plants that she loves will be destroyed and earth being turned into a total wasteland just like Apokolips.  She would also be a great enemy to start with.  How does that sound Kristen?  I know her motivation and her plans, but I could see her working with the hero's at least for a time.  Let me know what you think. 

Meanwhile its time to get this game off the ground.  Going to post the opener here as soon as I finish it.

Jarod1

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200601.0

Here is the link to our new game. I will also put it up in the first post.

Strifeblaze, I hope you don't mind but I've got Robin starting off with me in the cave.  I figured it would only make sense for him to be there.

Strifesblaze7

Is there a point where nobody cares

Strifesblaze7

Would it be odd for Tim to change away from Robin at some point? Not sure to who yet though.

Jarod1

I would not mind at all if you wanted him to evolve and take on a different alias. DC does it all the time.

Strifesblaze7

Well I was thinking he would wind up looking a bit like Nightwing. Maybe Redwing to keep the red robin idea.

Kristen

QuoteI could see Posion Ivy potentially being someone who could be convinced to work with the hero's eventually.  I could see her being convinced that if Darkseid is not stopped all the plants that she loves will be destroyed and earth being turned into a total wasteland just like Apokolips.  She would also be a great enemy to start with.  How does that sound Kristen?  I know her motivation and her plans, but I could see her working with the hero's at least for a time.  Let me know what you think. 

I've sent you a PM where I elaborate more but figure here's not the spot to put the entirety of the inspiration hehe.

I think the concept of "The devil you know is better than the one you don't." makes for a perfect theme as to why Poison Ivy would agree to help the heroes. If this was an invasion where she figured the usurpers would have some kind of care for the planet, who were coming here because they had outgrown their previous planet or needed a logical reason and would care for their 'new home'... she'd probably not mind at all. It wouldn't change her plan but at the very least she'd benefit from the war between the two.

In seeing what's coming, and how the war is developing, Poison Ivy would realize fairly quickly that what's happening here is as much a planetary threat as it is a conquest. Scorched earth is not something she's interested in having. Deciding that Darkside is not the 'esteemed ruler' that could come and liberate the earth from the virus of mankind, she'd have two options to consider. One is to learn enough about the invading force to count on her own ingenuity to try and set up her own plant-life to defend against it, the same way she prepared to have it grow and defend itself against it's current day mankind harassers.

This option is sadly not a very applicable one. Darkside is a stranger to her, his technology and his tenacity, the machinery and the tendencies to treat the planet as he does makes it very easy for him to attack so much of the planet at once that she could never render her plantlife strong enough to repel him.

The other option is therefore what she's forced to consider... and that's helping those who have the best chance of beating him. If they can repel him... then she can focus on going back to her plan. Her plan works against a human resistance, mankind and it's cities, towns, it's primitive military (in comparison to what's come). Her plan does not work against an army that comes with the force of space ships and this type of technology hehe.

Just a thought as to why you're absolutely right and she could play either a villain before the massive threat begins, and even one after the massive threat seems to be over- as well as a justifiable reason for why she might cooperate when her research and study shows her that the devil she's meeting for the first time is indeed far worse than the devil she's been preparing to tackle for years now.

Any thoughts?

- Kristen -
Ons/Offs | (NEW) Apologies and Absences

Strifesblaze7

It would make sense for Ivy to work with them as well because she did mind of have a thing for Batman, and she doesn't take well to people harming what she cares for.

Jarod1

I've sent Kristen a PM approving her to play what ever role she feels would best suit her character.  I think she'll add alot to the story no matter which way she goes with it.  After when is there ever just one thing going on in the comics.

Kristen

I greatly appreciate the input and kind words.

I'm looking to try my hand at a group RP for the 2nd time and see how it differs from the 1-1s I'm normally used to engaging in. The ambitions and overall goals that drive a character might never actually come to pass but it gives some context as to why they do whatever it is that they do. If I join a group RP I don't want to come in with a character who's only partially thought out hehe. If there are any recommendations for where she should be positioned, I'm totally open to suggestions.

I could see her comfortable in a park-like atmosphere and having her job in a public garden and observatory. She's the kind of character that thrives in certain settings like a garden or a research facility where she can make use of the items around her to amplify her abilities. Her spore manipulation and pheromones really let her undertake any kind of operation in any setting which makes her a very fluid character in my opinion heh. Should be fun.

- Kristen -

Strifesblaze7

Well there is the Gotham City park... Something that maybe she kind of runs now? That would give the perfect opportunity to use all of her abilities to their fullest, I think. And it give her a front row seat to finding out just how bad this new enemy really can be. Just a thought.  ;D

Jarod1

For those of you at Wayne manor I will have Dick come up to meet you shortly. I am presently dealing with something's but it will be up soon.

Strifesblaze7

I could have Tim.come up to meet them if it didn't mean snuffing Alfred

Jarod1

Lol.  I'm sure Alfred would understand, but I'll leave that up to you.

Strifesblaze7

Jarod1

Quote from: Strifesblaze7 on April 02, 2014, 04:34:18 PM
I'll post to keep it rolling. XD

I followed you up.  I weaved the scene together nicely so that I arrived shortly after you did.

Strifesblaze7

Deathnote

So... just out of curiosity, where in the time-line does this game fall?  Has Infinite Crisis happened yet?  I'm assuming Final Crisis and Blackest Night haven't yet.

Rave

I'm thinking this isn't even Earth-3, or Earth Prime. Probably a whole different Universe pre New 52

Kristen

Final Crisis, blackest night... are these movies I should look at seeing to get a better reference of this type of storyline? heh.

I watched a movie about a month ago called (at least on the television) Crisis of 2 earths? The theme of the justice league going to fight the justice league of 'another' earth that are actually a crime syndicate?

God... I might need to try and actively search out some of these films. I think a movie I might try to watch briefly tonight is the Superman/Batman: Apocalypse. You'd think for someone signing up for a group heroes themed RP I'd actually see more shows or movies, hey?

- Kristen -

Rave

Quote from: Kristen on April 02, 2014, 06:07:54 PM
Final Crisis, blackest night... are these movies I should look at seeing to get a better reference of this type of storyline? heh.

I watched a movie about a month ago called (at least on the television) Crisis of 2 earths? The theme of the justice league going to fight the justice league of 'another' earth that are actually a crime syndicate?

God... I might need to try and actively search out some of these films. I think a movie I might try to watch briefly tonight is the Superman/Batman: Apocalypse. You'd think for someone signing up for a group heroes themed RP I'd actually see more shows or movies, hey?

- Kristen -

Haha, firstly they're comics, not films. I would encourage you to watch the DC animated movies anyway because they're amazing, but you don't really need to know about them for this RP. Most of the heroes are dead anyway, so any major changes these stories would have made don't even matter anymore.

You're fine  :-)

Jarod1

Actually its kind of set separate from any of the comics. I'm just using elements of that characters that I know are fairly common place.  As long as the story flows it shouldn't really matter.

Jarod1

Well folks, I'm off for the night.  I shall see you peeps all tomorrow, and I'm happy we have been able to give this game such a strong kickstart

VoluptuousVixen

Re Edited Donnas last post to include her seeing Tim Drake! sorry I missed you out buddy....

Strifesblaze7