You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 05, 2016, 10:50:11 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Marvel: A New Beginning (Temprorarily closed for recruitment)  (Read 4123 times)

Offline SilkNSatan

Re: Marvel: A New Beginning
« Reply #125 on: April 01, 2014, 05:03:55 PM »
"Donkey Balls are a delicacy in Asgurd Mortal!" Sayeth Lady Sif.

Offline Neysha

« Reply #126 on: April 01, 2014, 05:05:07 PM »
I dunno, I think some of them were at least adequate, if not entertaining as well. All of the Spider-Man films have been above average, even Spider-man 3 wasn't bad. Blade was entertaining. DareDevil was okay IMHO. I thought the first two X-Men films were pretty good, the third was average. XMen Origins Wolverine was merely average and First Class was good. The Punisher was fine as an action film, missed the mark on a Punisher film though. And all of the MCU films have been of good quality.

DC Comics though... you got the Nolan movies which were all pretty good. And Man of Steel which was above average. But Catwoman, Superman Returns, Jonah Hex, Green Lantern.... big ol meehhhhhhh from me at best. Watchmen was okay, not really DC Superhero Universe based though.

Offline RedMoon

« Reply #127 on: April 01, 2014, 05:08:14 PM »
I keep forgetting that Jonah Hex movie exists...

Offline JK

« Reply #128 on: April 01, 2014, 05:14:16 PM »
Punisher: War Zone was basically everything a Punisher movie should be. Simple, violent and fun.

Nobody reads Punisher for character drama.

Edit: whoops forgot what thread I was browsing
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 05:15:28 PM by JK »

Offline AribethAmkiirTopic starter

« Reply #129 on: April 01, 2014, 05:23:14 PM »
In my opinion, Man of Steel was the worst movie that came out last year.  You can only punch someone through a mountain so many times before it becomes boring.  And how much of a totally irredeemable person are you when you're so afraid of being "found out" that you let your dad get sucked up into a tornado?  I don't like Superman in the first place, but that movie was extremely horrible.

Just my opinion.

Offline Mathim

« Reply #130 on: April 01, 2014, 05:29:31 PM »
No spoilers please!  It's hard enough to avoid trailers that give the entire movie away.

The first Fantastic Four wasn't horrible.  One of the Punisher movies was okay.  The first Spider-Man was okay.  Yeah, they could have all been better, but at least they weren't horrible.

Respectfully disagree with ya, if you don't mind. All 3 spideys were terrible, both Fantastic 4's were too. The only one I recall not totally hating was Daredevil.

In my opinion, Man of Steel was the worst movie that came out last year.  You can only punch someone through a mountain so many times before it becomes boring.  And how much of a totally irredeemable person are you when you're so afraid of being "found out" that you let your dad get sucked up into a tornado?  I don't like Superman in the first place, but that movie was extremely horrible.

Just my opinion.

No arguments there, though.

I detested Punisher: War Zone. I thought it was awful and not even that... fun to watch. It's like they were trying to hard IMHO. :P

I kind of feel that way, but I guess I found the movies positive qualities outshined those odious points of morality.

Yeah, the Punisher shot a dude in the face with a shotgun while he's holding a 6-year-old girl in that one. Fucking terrible.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 05:46:24 PM by Mathim »

Offline Neysha

« Reply #131 on: April 01, 2014, 05:30:34 PM »
Punisher: War Zone was basically everything a Punisher movie should be. Simple, violent and fun.

Nobody reads Punisher for character drama.

Edit: whoops forgot what thread I was browsing

I detested Punisher: War Zone. I thought it was awful and not even that... fun to watch. It's like they were trying to hard IMHO. :P

Just my opinion.

I kind of feel that way, but I guess I found the movies positive qualities outshined those odious points of morality.

Offline JK

« Reply #132 on: April 01, 2014, 05:39:07 PM »
Thats the beauty! You dont need the origin story and the heroes journey and all the stuff that you would think makes a movie. Just violence, huge guns and gnarly middle aged guys grimacing as they point them at over the top ethnic criminal stereotypes.

Its like how Dredd didnt ever show his face. It broke a cardinal rule of film, and was totally better for it.

Offline Mathim

« Reply #133 on: April 01, 2014, 06:08:27 PM »
Thats the beauty! You dont need the origin story and the heroes journey and all the stuff that you would think makes a movie. Just violence, huge guns and gnarly middle aged guys grimacing as they point them at over the top ethnic criminal stereotypes.

Its like how Dredd didnt ever show his face. It broke a cardinal rule of film, and was totally better for it.

I think what we were getting at is, that's why we hated the Punisher. So there's no beauty there to be had; that would only be the case if that stuff was effective.

Offline JK

« Reply #134 on: April 01, 2014, 06:19:59 PM »
It didnt touch my heart, it didnt make me think, but it made my trigger finger twitch. I think Frank would want it that way.

Offline Deamonbane

• A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • Make me smile...
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #135 on: April 01, 2014, 06:58:06 PM »
Fantastic four sucked. Both of them. The first two Spider-Man movies were decent. Both Punisher movies were epic. X-Men and X-2 were good, the Last Stand was decent, but not good. I liked the X-Men Origins, but I realize that it wasn't that great. The Wolverine was Epic as well, but the First class could have been better. I won't even talk about Daredevil.

Offline RedMoon

« Reply #136 on: April 01, 2014, 07:11:54 PM »
You lot are going to scare off the new recruits with all this arguing and movie-bashing. Maybe this conversation should take place in the OOC thread? :p

Offline assleigh

• Lady
  • Enchanted
  • Location: tickling your imagination right there behind your eyes
  • There's so much to me and so little there...
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #137 on: April 01, 2014, 07:16:36 PM »
I still have to go to a support group over how bad Daredevil & Electra were....So wanted to like Electra...

Offline SilkNSatan

« Reply #138 on: April 01, 2014, 07:19:49 PM »
Guys and Gals, I have too much going on to play Scarlet Witch so I withdraw my application for her.

I hope this group does very well and you all have a good time! xxx

« Reply #139 on: April 02, 2014, 03:21:52 AM »
That's too bad, lois.  I hope your other games go well.

Offline ebpohmr

• Enigmatic By-Product Of a Human Mating Ritual, Snuggle Bear, Spawn, Muse Doctor, part-time Lothario and all round spice weasel!
  • Knight
  • Seducer
  • Words! Thou art my bitch!
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #140 on: April 02, 2014, 03:56:36 AM »
Heh. I haven't seen a superhero movie yet that I haven't loved!

Offline Ember Star

« Reply #141 on: April 02, 2014, 07:50:57 AM »
Hshahah. I pretty much avoid these conversation because I like them all with the exception of X-men last stand.

But...

Just my opinion.
This ^ this was my issue with MoS. Loved the casting, loved the story, loved how the characters were played. But too much epic long beat shit up scenes bore me and I felt it INCREDIBLY stupid that Clark would just let his dad die like that.

Offline Ember Star

« Reply #142 on: April 02, 2014, 07:54:11 AM »
Heh. I haven't seen a superhero movie yet that I haven't loved!
But this is pretty much me. This includes the DD and Elektra everybody seems to hate. Actually didnt know people hated them. But I'm not a avid reading of the comic books. Never had access or money, so I just read Wikipedia for most of it. I also loved the original spin the Catwoman movie had, although I did feel the movie itself could have been much better.

Offline assleigh

• Lady
  • Enchanted
  • Location: tickling your imagination right there behind your eyes
  • There's so much to me and so little there...
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #143 on: April 02, 2014, 08:57:07 AM »
Is it wrong of me to say Tank Girl is my all time favorite Comic Book movie?

Pah pah pah POW!

Offline apygoos

« Reply #144 on: April 02, 2014, 12:56:32 PM »
as i note the setting i cant help but wonder 1) Spider-Man is like, perfect for this game setting, so by correlation, i feel compelled to ask, 2) Am I the only person on E who willingly would play spidey in a group game? lol

Offline Batman4560

• Elliquiy's Dark Knight. Always willing to write with someone and welcoming new writers to come to him with ideas.
  • Lord
  • Enchanter
  • I have one power, I never give up.
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #145 on: April 02, 2014, 12:59:30 PM »
No but I really don't want to play Spiderman in two different games.

Offline Deamonbane

• A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.
  • Knight
  • Addict
  • Make me smile...
  • View My Rolls
« Reply #146 on: April 02, 2014, 01:02:30 PM »
I would like to play the Spidey, but I don't think I would be able to do him justice. Either make him too serious and somber, or psychotic with punchlines, like Deadpool.

« Reply #147 on: April 02, 2014, 03:31:18 PM »
I kind of expected we'd get a Spidey by now, but I'm not completely surprised that we haven't. 

Offline Mathim

« Reply #148 on: April 02, 2014, 04:16:45 PM »
I was hesitant to choose a character who isn't actually part of the MCU. The X-Men, Spidey, F4 and a few others are not controlled by Marvel Studios so I wanted one who actually does work within the continuity even though he hasn't got his own film (yet). It's ironic some on here don't think they'd do justice to the character since none of the films have done Spidey justice, in either the original trilogy or the not-so-Amazing reboots.

Offline Neysha

« Reply #149 on: April 02, 2014, 05:01:08 PM »
For me, a lot of thr canon charactees that were available were either mutants,  or more often tended to be male. And I tend to orient myself towards playing female characters for various overt reasons. :P