MARVEL GIRLCHARACTER NAME:
Marvel GirlREAL NAME:
5’6” (167.5 cm)WEIGHT:
115 lbs (52 kg)APPEARANCE/COSTUME:FACE CLAIM:
- Telepathy: Jean is able to read thoughts, project and broadcast her own thoughts, as well as affect the minds of humans and animals with higher order intelligence (such as dolphins, ravens or dogs).
- Telekinesis: Projection of psychokinetic energy enables her to levitate objects, propel or manipulate them however she wishes, lift herself and move through the air to simulate flight, stimulate individual molecules to create heat, generate concussive force as blasts or bursts, and create protective shields.
- Use of Jean’s telekinetic abilities results in fatigue and she strains to lift objects of two times her weight. Jean will cause herself to blackout or faint if she pushes herself beyond her limits.
- Xavier has erected barriers in Jean’s mind which prevent her from attaining her telepathic potential.
- High moments of stress or fatigue can cause Jean’s filters to break which allows an overwhelming flood of thoughts into her mind resulting in confusion, disorientation, pain, and sometimes loss of consciousness.
- Jean is in all purposes a fairly normal teenager with all the inherent weaknesses that accompany that.
Jean Grey was the younger daughter of Professor John Grey of the History Department of Bard College in Annadale-on-Hudson, New York, and his wife Elaine Grey. When Jean was ten years old she was playing with her best friend, Annie Richardson when Annie was hit by a car. The emotion that Jean felt, as she held her dying friend, awakened her own latent telepathic powers and she experienced Annie's emotions as Annie died. This traumatic event left Jean in a withdrawn and deeply depressed state. Moreover, Jean could not control her newly awakened telepathic abilities and had to isolate herself from other people to hold on to her sanity.
Finally, when Jean was eleven a psychiatrist recommended to her parents that they consult a colleague of his, Professor Charles Xavier, who was secretly a mutant with telepathic abilities of his own. Prof. Xavier explained to Jean, but not to her parents, that she was a mutant and he treated her for several years. The Professor taught Jean how to levitate and manipulate objects through psionic force when she developed telekinesis at the age of thirteen. Xavier even used young Jean to calibrate his Cerebro machine. During one particular session, an aspect of young Jean's mind reached out in the form of a Phoenix flamebird to touch young orphan Scott Summers’ mind as he slept. Prof. Xavier erected psychic barriers in Jean's mind so that she would not be able to use her telepathic abilities until she had developed the maturity necessary to deal with them.
When Prof. Xavier judged that Jean had reached a certain level of mastery of her telekinetic power, he recommended to her parents that they enroll her in the newly established Academy of Controlled Excellence, or A.C.E. Unknown to Mr. and Mrs. Grey, this school served as a cover for the grooming of young meta-humans beings trained by S.H.I.E.L.D., Professor Xavier, and the Avengers’ to combat the threats posed by evil meta-humans who used their powers against humanity. Jean Grey was the first student to enroll. PERSONALITY:
Jean is a social, yet reserved girl. Due to her therapy sessions with Charles Xavier she demonstrates a level of maturity beyond her years. Despite her social tendencies, she does fall into depressed phases where she isolates herself. Jean is a caring and compassionate individual, and a loyal and dedicated friend. She struggles with self-esteem issues and has a temper. Jean is a typical eighteen year-old teenage girl with all the emotions, hormones, and interests that go along with that.EQUIPMENT:
Only what S.H.I.E.L.D gives her.CHARACTER O/O's:
Jean has no real sexual experience.PLAYER O/O's: See my O/O's
NOTES: Information for the character was taken from http://marvel.wikia.com/Jean_Grey_%28Earth-616%29