You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 09, 2016, 03:52:14 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Words to describe you.  (Read 188 times)

Offline KaneTopic starter

Words to describe you.
« on: March 21, 2014, 03:35:23 PM »
I felt like making this topic for whatever reason. The idea is to think up words that you want to write about, describing your views on those words, or describing yourself by those words. I don't know, a way to get to know each other better. Not sure if there is something like this, or if this should go elsewhere, but I just couldn't find a better place to post this into.

So, I'll start.

Kane
I am Kane. I am a secularist, atheist, human rights activist. I run an organization committed to humanist and secularist causes with my wife. I am an enigma. I do not fit your traditional gender roles. I am a man, physically. Mentally, I do not care, if I was to turn into a woman tomorrow. It would not change a thing for me, yet I do not have a reason for presenting myself as a woman, for I do not feel any more of a woman than I feel a man. Therefore, I simply choose to be what I was born as, I never bothered to look for a term for it. I am not convinced there is one that would describe it.

Equality.
An equal world is one where no one is discriminated against for what they are, and for what they wish to do with their lives. One way to live is no worse than another. I don't believe in the mantra of 'everyone's just people, everyone's the same' No. Everyone's different. Every culture is different. My views on this may be controversial, but they are what I firmly believe in. Every race is different. Men and women are different. Though most importantly everyone is different from each other, beyond the limitations of gender and race, these are, and always will be the greatest differences between people. I do not believe we should try and hide these differences, pretend they aren't there. I believe we should celebrate the differences between each other, and understand them. To work towards the common good, each to their own strengths. We should allow everyone, whatever their background, whatever their gender, skin color, sexual orientation, and henceforth, to achieve their goals, to fulfil their potential in what they wish to do. We should never tell anyone what they can and can't do based on their background, or never judge them by it. People should be judged only by their actions.

I do not believe in feminism, mens rights movement, or any other movement that promotes the rights of a certain group. Some of them have certainly done some good work, and some of them are certainly worse than the others. I do not dispute that. I do not believe in putting people into neat little boxes, I do not believe in filing away which rights of which people are worthy of more attention. I believe looking at issues at hand, and deciding which ones are worthy of our attention. You can agree with me, or you can disagree with me, but you will be hard pressed to change my opinion, for I have never come across a convincing statement for focusing the rights movement on a certain group, rather than the most pressing issues. I said before we must celebrate our differences. We must know that we are different and accept it, but that doesn't mean I wish to file people into boxes, and that is exactly what these idealisms are doing.

Secularism
While this ties in with equality, what really defines it is the separation of religion, and the government. The motion to stop the religious oppression, the motion to stop religion affecting the daily lives of those who do not subscribe to it. To make religion a choice, like being a supporter of Pittsburgh Penguins is a choice, and not have anyone telling you what you should and shouldn't believe in.

Atheism
Atheism shouldn't even need a description. It shouldn't even be a 'thing' Have you ever heard of 'asecularism?' no, because if someone isn't secularist, they just aren't that's it. If someone doesn't believe in god(s) they just don't. I don't call myself 'arubgy fan' because I don't like rubgy. Why is there a need for the notion that I'm an atheist? And yes. I do describe myself as an atheist despite all that. I describe myself as an atheist because if I don't then it's immediately assumed I'm an agnostic, or that I'm a theist. You can't just 'not have it concern you' and as long as that is the case, I will be an atheist until the day the word becomes obsolete.

Honest
I am honest. I am willing to admit my mistakes. I am willing to reconsider my position. I might unwittingly lie to myself, but when I do, I hope someone will be there to straighten me out. This has been the case multiple times thorough my life, and it will probably always be the case. Honesty is not just being truthful to others. Honesty is being truthful to yourself, being intellectually honest. Honesty is not buying into other people's lies, and spreading them as truth. Honesty is evaluating your sources, understanding them, and accepting if someone points out you have not done it correctly.

Fun
I like having fun. Everyone likes fun, right? I like to have fun like I just don't care. I like to not think of my worries and just go with the flow. I do not worry about things I can't do anything about, I will do what I can do about them, when there is something I can do about them. I make fun of myself, I make fun of others. I make fun of things I shouldn't be making fun of. I make fun of things that are difficult to accept, just so I can live with them. Though I make fun of everything, it doesn't mean I can't be serious, or can't make a serious point.

Depression
Something I've struggled ever since I was 15. It's been over ten years now. Some times I'm better, some times I'm worse. Depression makes me into someone I'm not. When I look at how I am at my worst, I don't see myself. I see a stranger. It is not who I am, it is not what defines me. Most of the time I'm better now. But it's not something that ever goes away. It will always be there, waiting for an opportunity. It's the worst kind of opportunist, making sure that if someone might get you down, it will. But it doesn't ruin my life, it challenges me to re-think my approach. It challenges me to change my tactics, and I'll be damned if it stops me from living my life to the fullest and achieving my full potential.

Vain
I am vain. I am materialistic. I take care of myself. For me, looking good is important. I have more make up than most women. I have less body hair than most women. I am not masculine, I have my own standard of beauty. It might not be what anyone else finds pleasing to their eye, but so long as I am happy with what I see in the mirror, it is part of what makes me happy. I was born with a body shape that is androgynous, and it is what I find beautiful in myself. I don't subscribe to inner beauty when it comes to myself, what else do I want? And adorable pair of lungs?. I am who I am, whether I'm vain or not.

Sexuality
I do not fit into any neat category. I don't categorize people by their sexuality. People like people. Certain people like people with certain features, and they like their sex the certain way. I like people. I do not care what their features are. Some times I feel attraction to certain people, most of the time I don't. If you ask me what I'm attracted to, physically, I couldn't answer you. I don't know if there is a physical feature I am more attracted to, than any other physical feature. I am attracted to the mind. I am attracted to confidence, to strength of the mind. I am attracted to sense of humour, to the ability to have fun like you just don't care. I am attracted to reason, the ability to push one's biases aside, the ability to look at things from the outside, the ability to empathise. Though I'm vain and materialistic, I do not concern myself with the beauty of others, though I might find some people aesthetically more pleasing than others, it does not seem to contribute to the attraction factor.