We hunt giant monsters! (interest check)

Started by SargentToughie, March 17, 2014, 11:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SargentToughie

Alright, I'll  give the guys that expressed interest a little more time to get their sheets in, but I'm making the OOC, the character thread, and the town threads tomorrow. Missions probably won't be for a little longer though, as I allow for a few more players to trickle in.

Still, I think we have enough to at least get things rolling.
If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

Revelation

Gabriel Fields

Name: Gabriel Fields
Height: 6’1, ‘Athletic’ weight (Because i’m awful at exact weighs)
Motive for joining guild: A lone hunter for the last year, he wants to work with others to take on bigger threats and gain more skill as well as cooperation with others.

Personality: Despite his more serious looks, Gabriel quite enjoys relaxing, being around others he considers friends, and taking things in strides. A good natured man, he does feel an inner need to compete with rivals and prove himself and takes on a far more serious nature on the hunt...Though some might say he acts recklessly once in a while, use to hunting alone.

Likes: Reading, spicy and hot foods, the thrill and rush of battle, redheads or purple hair on women, liars, and nurses.
Dislikes: Overly sweet food, wasteful people, Rathalos, tomatoes, people with no common courtesy,

Years as a hunter: 1 year
Favorite weapon: Switch Axe
Backup: Gunlance
Current armor: Jaggi Armor

History: While most hunters tend to be from the frontiers and fringe, Gabriel comes from a more pastoral farmland that traditionally sells its stock to those who need it most, something of a sleepy life compared to other lands, it was rocked by the arrival of a Rathalos that sought new hunting grounds. Torching farmlands and picking livestock as it pleased, life ground to a halt when Gabriel was a young child – hiding in his families basement when there was the flap of wings and ineffective militia trying to fend it off. The arrival of a team of hunters answering the towns plea for help was a godsend, and Gabriel worked the courage to watch the frightening fight from the safety of a distance, hidden in his house as he watched the team eventually slay the beast after a long and difficult fight.

Gone was the simple desire to live a life as a farmer, seeing these exotically dressed men and women, each of them carrying unique and fantastic weapons. Frantically explaining his desire to be a hunter to his family, they were initially abhorrent at the thought of their son possibly dying against some horrible beast! But eventually the reality of the situation they were in, and the fact that Gabriel could help many others by the virtue of simply being part of a team made it so that they agreed to let him train. It’s been many years since, and despite his fair share of scars and bumps, Gabriel eventually became an ‘official’ hunter after he took on his first Great Jaggi and lived – taking on smaller jobs since, but desiring for bigger hunts.

Preference: While not into super extreme stuff, I can be quite happy to work with a number of kinks or ideas as far as sexual things go! Though I am heterosexual and so is Gabriel, I don’t really care what gender my partner is OOC or anything.

There we go! hopefully it's acceptable.

ShadowFox89

I need to find a good picture..... I'm thinking a newbie hunter to go with my lack of experience with the whole game series :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Revenent

Hello, everybody! I haven't actually posted here yet, but I will also be getting involved. Here's my first character of two. Had to rush the background a bit, since I'm leaving in a couple minutes here, but it should get the idea across.

Seiche Lobo

Name: Seiche Lobo
Height/Weight: 5'8"/145 lbs
Motive for joining guild: To become a master hunter and show off her technique
Personality:  Pragmatic yet proud, Seiche understands that her skills are situational and that she will generally have to join hunting parties rather than go alone if she wants to really succeed, but her pride as a hunter keeps her from letting others ever really "take the lead" over her. If she thinks she can handle something herself during a hunt, she has a tendency to rush off on her own to take care of it, much to the annoyance of her group. Show her the "proper" respect, though, and she can actually be very helpful and even friendly.
Likes: Swimming, exotic foods (to her), good listeners, hard workers.
Dislikes: Dry heat, bland foods, lazy people, people who talk down to her.

Years of experience: Only a few months, though she had worked with very large hunting parties before
Favorite weapon type: Switchfork (a trident that disassembles into two shortswords)
Backup weapon type: Light Bowgun
Current armor: Mixed Ludroth Armor pieces and Leather Armor pieces

Character History: Seiche hails from a fairly isolated village in the tropical jungles to the south. The village sits along the bank of a massive river that cuts through the entire jungle. Its people rely mainly on the fish and fresh water from the river for their survival, though they will occasionally trade rare jungle plants and materials for clothing and armor to the traders that pass through. Like other remote parts of the world, they do have their fair share of monsters to deal with, both big and small. Ludroth are a big concern, along with all varieties of big, colorful, and carnivorous fish, eels, alligators, and other monsters. Normally, any able-bodied villager with a net and a harpoon/trident could handle hunting these creatures, but when something a bit larger came along, like a Royal Ludroth, then something had to be done about it.

Being that this village was so isolated and had little in the way of currency, requesting aid from the distant Monster Hunter guilds was out of the question. So the villagers developed their own system of dealing with giant monsters, which involved groups of a dozen or two men or women in their prime tracking down the creature, but not fighting it directly as Hunters would. Instead, they set traps for the giant monsters in the river or the jungle, then used tactics of misdirection and baiting to guide them into said traps to either capture or kill. These guerilla tactics made it possible for the villagers to live in safety without giving up their entire net worth to ship in a Monster Hunter from some far away land.

Seiche was initially fine with being a part of these hunting parties, but ended up being among those select few children who couldn't stand the idea of spending their entire lives in that same village. When she came of age, she decided that she wanted to travel far away and join the Monster Hunter guild herself, to show the world the genius of their tactics and to help spread their culture. Once she was a master hunter, she could return, take care of the many giant monsters that populated the jungle, and allow the village to start to grow and thrive. Equipped with the weapons, traps, and knowledge of her people, she spent some time preparing for the journey and bought a ride with the next trader to come through, heading for the closest (and biggest) guild she could find.
Player preferences and limits: Aside from the usual gore/toilet stuff, I'm open to discuss just about anything.

ZephySempai

Yay!

More hunters!

Quick question: For missions, will we be using the traditional 1-4 person teams?

SargentToughie

Zephy: yeah, we're generally going to stick to 1-4 man teams, unless something crazy happens and we need to increase team sizes.

In other news, OOC and character gallery are up!

OOC: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=199996.0
Character Gallery: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=199998.0
If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

Avalon29

Toughie, if you're still accepting I'd like to join.

ShadowFox89

What is our male/female balance like right now?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

SargentToughie

Absolutely! More the merrier. You know where to find the character sheet.

@Shadow: we're at 4 guys and 5 girls right now, but I'm reasonably confident that Avalon is bringing another male to the fray, so it would be dead even if he does.
Ons and offs

Avalon29

You would be correct Toughie.  :-)

I'll try to get a character up by tonight. Are you going to want me to post the character here first when I'm finished or post it directly to the character gallery?

ShadowFox89

I probably won't be able to work on a character until Thursday.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Xenolord

Also, do you mean Male to Female Characters, or hunters? One of my characters isn't a hunter.

ShadowFox89

Characters. I like my romance plots :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

SargentToughie

my standards are pretty damn loose, basically if I haven't had any complaints about character sheets, they're approved. Still, just put it here first, and then you can put it in the character gallery once I give it the go-ahead.
Ons and offs

Avalon29

Here's what I got and ignore the sword in the picture.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Name: Theo Grier
Height/Weight: 5’7” 160 lb
Motive for joining guild: Desire for personal freedom
Personality: Lazy would be the best way to describe Theo most of the time. He’d much rather just sit around and come up with new note combinations and songs on his hunting horn then actually go out on a hunt. He’ll do what he can to dodge unneeded jobs and responsibilities. At the same time pressure slides off of him and is relaxed in even the most dangerous situations. Despite his lazy habits and relaxed nature however he is reliable in a pinch, putting his lazy habits behind him and focusing on the prey in front of him. He takes his time in combat picking the right note combination for each job and setting up traps well in advance so he has to do the least amount of work possible. In the case that the noise a hunting horn makes is a disadvantage he’ll use a hammer instead
Dislikes: Work, responsibility, people who push themselves too hard, being told to do something he doesn't want to do.

Years of experience: 4
Favorite weapon type: Hunting Horn
Backup weapon type: Hammer
Current armor: Guild Armor

Character History: Theo grew up in the middle of the city of all things to a moderately wealthy family and early on in his life it was decided that he would take over his family’s business. That however was not what he wanted. He originally wanted to work with music found that he had the talent for it. Unfortunately as far as his family was concerned that was fine for a hobby but not an appropriate career for him. They continued to groom him to take over the family business and placed ever increasing pressure on him. Burdened with his family’s high expectations he put forth all his attention on fulfilling his family’s desires for him and ignoring his own. Over time however he was unable to take it any longer he left both his home and the city, determined to try to make it on his own.

Leaving the city behind him he originally planned to find a small town some distance away, get a job that would pay enough for him to live as well as give him time to focus on his own interests that had been neglected for quite some time. On his way to the small he ran into a group of hunters and deciding that it would be better to dine in a group rather than alone he joined them after receiving an invitation to do so. One of the hunters in the group happened to wield a Hunting Horn. Theo was fascinated by the weapon.  The hunter noticing his fascination with the weapon performed a minor display showing off what the weapon was capable of and throughout the night Theo was entertained by the hunter’s. Star struck by the hunter, his plans changed and his original goal was forgotten. After some minor pleading and cajoling the group of hunters allowed Theo to travel with them for a while. Changed by his encounter with the hunters, he decided to join the guild wielding the same weapon that had fascinated him.

Player preferences and limits: Theo is straight and as long as things stay away from the extreme end of the spectrum it's fine. For more details check my ons and offs.

SargentToughie

those with character profiles that haven't posted in the character gallery or the OOC yet, please do so now. I'm about to put up the initial thread. Of course, we're always still welcome to more, so don't feel rushed, those of you that haven't completed profiles yet.

Unless I said something to you about your profile, you're approved and good to go.
Ons and offs

SweetRevenge

Still looking for hunters? I'd be interested. =J Monster Hunter is one of my top favorite games. Rather proud of the full Brachydios armor with greatsword I made on my character (the DS isn't mine, and so I play once in a while, solo nearly all the time). If you are looking for someone, expect someone who knows monster hunter 3 tri / ultimate very well, and will be most likely a greatsword-user.

SargentToughie

Absolutely, Revenge. Always looking for new players, just PM me your character sheet, and once I confirm that everything's solid, post it up in the character gallery, and you'll be ready to roll.
Ons and offs