You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 04, 2016, 04:25:40 PM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Dollhouse Interest Check  (Read 301 times)

Offline DariusfallenstarTopic starter

Dollhouse Interest Check
« on: March 09, 2014, 03:15:49 PM »
Sorry if there's already one of these groups up. I didn't see one in a cursory glance, but can't imagine the idea not being explored here before.

Who would be interested in a group roleplay based on Joss Whedon's Dollhouse?

We'd need agents, dolls, and customers. NPC the people at the top. Sexiness, adventure, drama, and some dark sci-fi technology.

Offline roulette

Re: Dollhouse Interest Check
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 03:36:19 PM »
This is a very tentative maybe. It's been a little while since I've watched the series (and I don't think I went through the entire second season). But I'd be interested in playing one of the dolls, I think. Maybe.

Maybe.

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 03:37:58 PM »
This is a very tentative maybe. It's been a little while since I've watched the series (and I don't think I went through the entire second season). But I'd be interested in playing one of the dolls, I think. Maybe.

Maybe.

Well, that's promising. Should I re-hash the premise?

Offline roulette

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 03:41:52 PM »
Well, that's promising. Should I re-hash the premise?

You mean explain what it's about? Not necessarily for me—if I'll be participating in the game, I'll certainly be re-watching to make sure I know what I'm doing. But others might appreciate it?

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 06:08:31 PM »
The show revolved around a corporation running numerous underground establishments (known as "Dollhouses") across the globe which program individuals referred to as Actives (or Dolls) with temporary personalities and skills. Wealthy clients hire Actives from Dollhouses at great expense for various purposes.

Furthermore, each Active or Doll, has a handler. The handlers are usually elite military types sent with the Dolls to ensure their protection, but not grow too close to them. I imagine any stories we did as a group would feature a series of dolls retaining aspects of their personalities similar to the protagonist in the TV series. But maybe not :)

Online Absinthe Tori

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2014, 06:16:41 PM »
Did I fall asleep?

Super tempted to join :D

Offline roulette

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2014, 06:18:18 PM »
Maybe not. I think that, for full-length missions, part of the fun of playing a doll would be doing these samplings of entirely different characters. Because a doll wouldn't have a personality, not really, not at first. But for a day, they're a babysitter. For a night, they're a domme. Etc, etc. It'd be great!

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2014, 06:49:39 PM »
The only challenge would be appropriately weaving multiple characters together into a narrative. I'm thinking that people would pair off with tags - and then we'd have pre-set post numbers before we all recombine for a period of plot advancement and mingling.

Offline CAO

• Lord
  • Bacchae
  • Location: If your intrested in this, you have to much time on your hands.
  • Writing is my craft, lets see what we can create.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2014, 07:06:21 PM »
I'd be interested in this, I enjoyed the series when it was on. If we get enough intrest in it, I'd be intrested in playing a handler for one of the dolls.

Offline Ambie

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2014, 07:55:25 PM »
I feel like this popped up before...I am intrigued...bookmarking!

Online RampantDesires

• Certified Sass-hat ❣ Tumblr Junkie ❣ Goddess of Code ❣ Least Helpful Helper ❣ Queen of Procrastination
  • Lady Mentor
  • Enchanter
  • As reason clouds my eyes with splendor fading
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2014, 02:33:36 AM »
I'd be up for playing a handler as well.