News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The colony (remake)

Started by zenpai, February 18, 2014, 08:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenpai

The colonist are sent to a lush world able to support human life. there are no other sentient being. The world is a wild planet. that has plants and animals similar those of earth. The planet is roughly two time the size of earth but only 2/3 the surface water. All colonist are given a standard  survival kit ( combat knife, needle and thread,a weeks worth of food. ), sleeping bag, and a scanner (for finding out what plant and animals are fit to eat). There will be A pre made medical building (equal to an E.R.), 2 shipping container fill with random tools and materials.  the will also be a container with 1 ton of cardboard and 10 tons of scrap metal.

The colonist are going to be prisoners. there will no one convicted of murder allowed (law enforcer are allow manslaughter charges.). This is a program to colonize a plant with minimal cost. Inmates are given a greatly reduced sentence. 1 month on the colony is equal to four months serviced on there sentence. there is also a 10 dollar a day for work done. This will be give in any currency the inmate choices and they will also be taken to any plant they want. 

needed colonist
leadership
law keepers
medics
worker

---
Name:
Sex/ orientation:
Crime /history/ background:   
I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

zenpai

the story is up for change so any ideas
I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

Chreestafer

Interested :)

Yet I'd ad other sentient beings and are we all humans? Can we be other creatures? 
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Kokaine

Im interested.

Given how little info there is here are you looking for the players to sort of add to the world as they go or will you be developing that a bit more?
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

zenpai

Quote from: Chreestafer on March 03, 2014, 06:27:09 AM
Interested :)

Yet I'd ad other sentient beings and are we all humans? Can we be other creatures?
I was thinking of adding a few twist.   there could be a native Race that the corporation deemed as "Salvage life forms" IE "not sentient".  as for races, it the future as long as there humanoid.

Quote from: Kokaine on March 03, 2014, 09:06:29 AM
Im interested.

Given how little info there is here are you looking for the players to sort of add to the world as they go or will you be developing that a bit more?
the very first colonists get those resource to make a home base. any thing else is what they can find and /or make. the planet will have a few space ships wracks. maybe people who have survived.     

I do need help with the story so any one want to help.

Baalborn87

I'd be interested in a medic role.

Elven Sex Goddess

I am interest in playing a convict/colonist.     A embezzler that got 60 years for it.     So would jump at the chance to reduce it to just 15 years,  so gets paroled at age of 40 instead of 85, as basis to why would accept.   

TheVillain

Thinking a medical technologist actually. Woo!
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

zenpai

It would work I'm taking the role of construction Forman. even if your a medic you still have to help out with other job from time to time.  this is a prison it just the ultimate work release program.  I am going to make a list of the materials in the containers.   

Chreestafer

I'm thinking of  being a soldier who disobeyed direct orders (cause he felt it wasn't right) and was red flagged for it and soon canned.  Maybe the reason he is here is cause the severity of the mission got people killed because he wouldn't follow through with the mission.

I'm also thinking of being an original race I've created called he Valrynian, they're a distant cousin to humans.  When Earth was over populated years ago a faction of war heroes left earth and found an oddly abandoned planet as if the whole populace just vanished.  Here they found technology and soon after hundreds of years humans became part human part cyborg. 

thoughts?
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

7rouble

Question.  Is the leadership role going to be criminal as well? Or is it going to be someone from the prison?

Elven Sex Goddess

Here is my character for submission for the game.   

Character submission for approval
Name:  Miyuka Haori

Role:  colonist/convict

Sex/ orientation:  bi-sexual

Crime /history/ background:  Miyuka Haori of Japanese American descent from Earth.   Was a  promising young junior executive coming out of college.   Being hired by a leading fortune top 100 corporation,  one in the top ten to be exact.   It was not hard for her to land such a prestige position with her scores academically.   She dived into her new life and job with a renewed gusto, a new challenge.  College had provided no real challenge for her.

Nor would her new life and job.   Within a year she had moved up to a junior executive within the corporation.   It had open doors for her allowed her access that most would not have.  Yet it bogged down into a dreary existence of tedious boredom for Miyuka.   At first it was a happenstance accident on her part.    The first take of credits from the company.   She quickly corrected the mistake and placed the credits back into where they belong.   Still the weeks would go by and that accidental mistake nagged at her.   Why because it was another challenge.  It also was daring and well illegal  which made it all the more alluring and a temptation too much to resist.

The more she did it the harder it became to stop.   Once the embezzlement started it grew to epic proportions in size and scope.    Trillions of credits made it into various bank accounts of hers.  Millions of people affected by the scope of it, on numerous planets.  For two years she took and took caught in the web that she herself had spun, unable to stop.  Like a addict she could not get off her drug.   

As smart as Miyuka is,  she was not fool proof.  For finally corporation law enforcement agents broke her web of embezzlement and Miyuka empire of crime came crashing down and she was taken in custody.    The sheer scope magnitude of the white collar crime that happens daily within the corporate world.   Where one usually got only three to five years and not even that in plush upscale prisons.    Is not the fate that comes down on Miyuka.   She is sentence to a sixty year prison term, in a standard general population prison.     

So when the corporation came with the deal of volunteering to become a colonist.   Where one month equals four months in time serve.   It would cut her sentence down from the sixty years to just fifteen.  So instead of being an old lady at the age of eighty five she be forty when she is paroled from prison.   Plus she have freedom even if it was on a untamed world.   Miyuka jumped at the new challenge.  After all it is another challenge for her.   

Miyuka is not a fighter,  nor an outdoor person.    She is however,  fit and trim.     She does have skill in martial arts of karate.    Having taken karate for fitness and discipline.   Her intelligence is her greatest asset.   Her mind quick and sharp,  the ability to grasp things and learn.    She is not a overt leader type.   Her intelligence is hidden behind a demur personality.    The challenge of surviving and building upon a new untamed world will provide the challenge that she craves, her true addiction.       

zenpai

nice profile eleven. I working on the list of materials, the native race, and the location where the base camp is.

zenpai

fishing line, 10'x10 fishing net, 1000 fishing hooks. two gulls systems. 50 cans aquatic skin. inflatable raft. 1 fireman's axe, 2 sludge hammer. 10 hammers,  5 drills, 5 screwdriver's, 100 bits, 10 utility knifes. 500 blades. 5 crowbars.  2 heavy duty chain saw, 2 table saw, 30 saw blades, 4 grinder, 4 hex saws, 100 metal blades, 500 wood blades. hand held plasma torch. 2 welders mask. handheld plasma welder. experimental fusion generator. 100 yard of roll of plastic, 100rolls duct tape. 10 rain tarp.  50,000 nails, 5,000 drywall screws. 1000 metal screws.  40 gal. drum of gasoline. 10 shelving units , 10 cans of liquid rubber. 10 gal. of black cement, 10 gal. of wood glue. 500 bars of soap, 100 lb. of laundry powder. random irregular clothes.  50 blots of fabric. varies cook ware. 8-40gal. totes and lids.

The story will be on the tropic region of the planet. Near a 50 ft. fresh water waterfall, close enough to hear water falling.

The natives will keep to them selves, until they fell threaten.

The warden and his 2 personal guard are the only non-inmates. The warden is judge, jury, and executioner. (the warden is not going to be a nice person)
Everyone has micro talk bots implants which lets them understand most spoken dialectic.   

Chreestafer your races is fine. you could be an mercenary contractor with a fake identity.   

zenpai

still looking for more people to join. 

zenpai

if there are still anyone interested in the story let me know.

Elven Sex Goddess

Rune

Name: Katherine Sweet
Role: Convict
Sex/ orientation: Female/Heterosexual
Crime /history/ background:   

Katherine (or Kitty to her friends) is an expert in computers and information systems. Her crime was not one of greed, but one of conscience. She knew the government was hiding secrets. She took it upon herself to let the people know what the government was really doing.

As good as she was, the people the government hired were better. They tracked her down and decided to send her to a place where she would never get to lay hands on a computers again. Sent to this primitive world, she quickly discovers that most of her hi-tech skills are worthless in this wilderness.

Skill list: Computers, Electronics, Dancing, Cooking and Music

zenpai

thanks for the interest. Now I just need one to two more people to start.

zenpai

Name: Kendrick Johnson 
Role: detainee
Sex/ orientation: Male heterosexual
Crime /history/ background: Kendrick an orphan born on a mining colony on the one of satrern moons  He was a adopted by a mobster like family. He stepmother went against her families wishes and adopted him. Although, he himself was never part of there crocked dealing. By trade he is a general contracted by trade. Kendrick was framed for for numerous counts fraud but the witnesses  to prove his  innocence keep disappearing without a trace. His own family set him up to take the fall for there crimes.  Kendrick Bring on the colony is his family way of  punishing him for not being a criminal. I jail he got in to one fight with an inmate over cutting in the food. The Same inmate was found whit his wrist slit and a suicide note. After that indecent want to get away from the family

Name: Michel “REV.” MacArthur
Role:Inmate/ Kendrick body guard
Sex/ orientation: Male/celibate 
Crime /history/ background: Rev. has been Kendricks devote body guard scents he was a child. Rev. is an Ex space Marine and survivalist. He is a very religious man and has found services to be his only was to redemption. He got him self arrested and be came a law keeper  for the colony as part of his committed to keep kendrick safe.       

zenpai

IC - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=201993.0

if there is anyone still out there that wants to try the role play.

zenpai

OC and Q&A board:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=202706.0 

Currently there are only me and one other person in the story I would love to have more people join in.