This is a restart of an idea I had a while that garnered some interest but never really got off the ground.
I have seen a fair few hero based Rp's floating about (both DC/Marvel and OC) and I thought about what would a world be like if a group of super Villains banded together to confront the "goody-goody" problem (I'm sure most people would go for the evil route over justice...Just ask someone what they'd do if they gained the power of invisibility
If you've ever read Wanted (the graphic novel) you'll know what I'm on about Or check out the wiki
I also had inspiration thanks to Neil Patrick Harris
Brief story synopsis
Heroes and Villains exist. That is a fact. These supermen and women have been hiding in the shadows for centuries. But in the last century a mass influx of "special" people have been awakening and super powers are starting to become more common (though rough estimates put the number of superpersons at less than half a percent of the global population). Where you have the Heroes taking up the limelight and praise of the population, you have the other side of the coin. Those who got the short end of the stick, those that feel like they deserve more or those that just enjoy the idea of making other people miserable.
With the influx of the villains the Heroes took it upon themselves to become defenders of the population, and with the support of the populace and governments they had great success. They even formed a group, calling themselves "The Invincible
Guardians" to help with any issues that required more than one "Hero".
Upset with the current state of affairs. A group of individuals calling themselves "The Shadow Council" invited a group of "select" persons to form their own league to contrast the Guardians. They provided these individuals with a secret communal facility to use as an alternative to their own (if they have one). Inside they can find all they need for a home away from home. Each person has their own area which consists of a secure apartment which includes bathing area, sleeping area kitchenette and lounge accessed by a biometric lock (providing you remember to lock it). As for the communal areas. These consist of the main meeting/conference room (to receive messages from the council, plot nefarious schemes and generally laugh maniacally), a kitchen (to make eeevil omelets and the like), a gym, an armoury, pool and sauna, an armoury (to store gadgets) and a lab (for any evil geniuses).
As it's just an interest thread at the moment, just the basics are required.
*Notification of interest"Normal" Name:
*Light Character sheet
i.e Tim BaxterGender:
Male "Normal" Appearance:
How you look as a "civilian" (try to be as detailed and you are more than welcome to include an image)Sexuality:
i.e Stereotypical Jock Villan Name:
i.e Captain ObviousVillain Appearance:
i.e Their outfit (again please include detail and if you can find an image even better
A good Creator to use is http://www.heromachine.com/heromachine-3-lab/
Just Export your character to your computer then upload them to the wiki......... Here's one I made earlier Powers:
(try not to go OP with this please)Special Equipment (& function):
i.e Blatant Bombs (They go boom)Weakness: Everyone
needs one. Though it can be unknown to other characters......in fact that's probably for the best being evil and all.Nemesis:
(not necessarily needed but can add a bit more flavour to your character and they could crop up later) Brief Bio:
He grew up and became evil because. Crime that gained you entrance to the Legue:
1) How long have powers been around?
2) How do superheroes react to villains?
3) How do countries?
4) Are there aliens?
6) Other dimensions?
7) How do these interact?
8) Why are several villains forming a league of evil?
9) What is Your (as in my) role in this?
10) Power level? Global/local/galactic/street?
1) As far as people know, 4 or 5 centuries but in secret. However in the last century, there has been a mass awakening in people being discovered with superpowers.
2) By beating the s&!t out of them whilst spouting a corny catch phrase before throwing them in a woefully under equipped prison.
3) The same way they react to "regular" villains. Sending cops to arrest them. Then SWAT (or their equivalent) if the cops fail. Then finally the military.
4) Yes, but not any who have made contact with the human race. Maby the odd Superman esque intergalactic refugee (but not a OP as him).
6/7) Possibly, though experiments and research are going on. No progress has been made. Though I wouldn't be opposed to someone who wants to play a villain who has found himself in "our" dimension in some accident.
8) Because the Heroes formed the "Invincible Guardians " to try to pool their resources to combat the ever growing threat posed by the villains.
9) I will be providing the NPC's for your characters to be pitted against. The nameless civilians/cops/and heroes who try to beat you up whilst uttering (what they think are) witty one liners.
10) From street to just under Global i.e country. Though as characters progress they could work in concert to become a global threat (but thats a while off).
Also I will be controlling the "Shadowman"
a robotic proxy drone that is your only contact with the "Shadow council" at the League of Evil. Who's voice when it talks constantly changes in tone from youthful to ancient, male to female and all between.
If you think I've missed anything or if you need clarification, or just a question. feel free to let me know and I'll do my best to answer.