Proof Of Humanity - Planning/Interest thread (HEAVY WIP)

Started by Tigataga, January 25, 2014, 11:19:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tigataga

Feel the heartbeat of the city underneath you
As the concrete crumbles away

A world of differences doesn't necessarily mean a world divided, nor does it mean all are equal however. Ideals and moralities clash all the time to the point of conflict on many an occasion. In a city however that is ruled by the night time, equality is about to stop meaning anything.

The setting-
An Alternate Universe where a hidden war of supernatural forces in search of something known as 'The Gate' exploded out into the open in a catastrophic way, exposing any and all who are not only a part of this second world, but those who would attempt to invest themselves in it as best they can. Being brought out to the forefront, humanity has had no choice but attempt to live alongside one another, but each lending interference to the other in drastic ways, leading to almost dystopian levels within each reality. There are hidden corners everywhere with which the supernatural attempt to hide themselves, markets, bars, a world built within another essentially. The two quite frequently cross however with little to no consequence, but the numbers of humanity and those in this world are beginning to fluctuate, rapidly. Those who may have never even attempted contact with this world of magic are slowly beginning to awaken to powers they never had before, things they've never seen before and, worst of all, become things unimaginable. These two worlds are about to clash again, as rumours are starting to spread. They do not always sound the same, but the point always boils down to four words that are impossible to believe...
The Gate is Open.

The Characters-

If you couldn't guess, this is a modern/urban fantasy RP with a heavy focus on supernatural elements along with a lot of clashing. Of course, looking at this kind of thing, I could see a lot of people wanting to play vampires, werewolves and the like, which is okay, but the main draw of this RP is the powers that people seem to be obtaining, those that were already aware of what was going on, and how they fit into this conflict. Characters are essentially split into three core groups, the infected (humans who have gained powers suddenly), the unaffected (those who are supernatural creatures or already had powers), and Demons (evil creatures brought to the earthly plane simply to cause havoc, kill and serve the one that summoned them), and from there, they all have their own sub-groups, each of them with their own part to play and how they will be played.

When it comes to relationships between these characters, absolutely nothing is off limits, any of these groups are allowed intimacy with any others, but it will effect numerous assets of the story, such as characters alignment, their powers, and most importantly, how the 'player' will interact with them. But we'll get to that bit later. Kink wise it's all up to you guys, keep within each others O/Os, though depending on the kinks of those interested before this is officially posted will decide on whether it is put into Bondage, NC or Extreme, so if you are interested, PLEASE make a note of your vote for where it should be placed.

Character Set-up-

There's numerous types, alliances and expertise your character can have or take part in, these not only change what your character may or may not be able to do, what role they will play to the overarching story but may also change over time given the right opportunity. First of all, a lot of them depend on what group they belong to as described above, but each of those have their own split categories. It sounds more complicated than it actually is, but the first thing you'll need to choose is which of these groups they fall under;
Infected;
-Stable (Granted powers from the shift in the gate, mostly try to keep a normal life... mostly)
-Unstable (Have become slightly unhinged thanks to their change, can see things other characters cannot see)
-Possessed (Whether knowingly or not have been possessed by a demon, will sometimes be given tasks by the 'player' or their possessors)
Unaffected;
-Witch (Have a multitude of powers and able to fit in to a human lifestyle, can become more powerful as time goes on)
-Fae (A Supernatural creature living by certain laws and rules with set powers, may have a skewed morality)
-??? (Strange beings somehow related to the gate, little is known at this current time)
Demons;
-Shadows (Vaguely humanoid creatures, can blend in with humanity but are easily detectable to certain characters, can be possessors under circumstances)
-Monster (A demonic beast without human form, must possess someone to move around undetected, are often sexually volatile)
-Great-works (Entities that must be summoned by the 'player' to interact outside demonic realms)

After that has been selected, certain things must be selected that determine certain outcomes, first will be the morality of your character, which will be discussed later, second though will be characteristics to which your character is likely to play with

Infected;
Magic/Power Control - The level of control they have over their powers, as it's pretty impossible to control something you've only just received;
-Out of Control (Often used or set off at inopportune times)
-Unstable (As above, but does sometimes work to your advantage)
-Moderate (50/50 control, can still act up at times)
-Advanced (Have control of your power, but not to it's fullest potential)
-Total (Complete control)
Lifestyle - How their livelihood is affected by the arrival of their abilities an the ensuing chaos and battles
-Ignorant (Try to get on with their lives despite everything going on around them)
-Curious (Doesn't actively get involved, but will attempt to control their power, and will fight or get intel when necessary)
-Double Life (Keeps their normal life and magic life separate but try to be active in both)
-Game change (Will actively blow off their normal life for opportunities to get involved with supernatural affairs)

Supernatural;
Lifestyle - Opposite from infected, shows how much they try to have a 'human' life
-Dutiful (Minimalises their interactions with humans as possible)
-Middle road (Tries to maintain lifestyles within both communities)
-Mortal (Fits in more with humanity than they do their own)
Job - The role they play within the conflict, which can be affected by morality and the 'player'
-Warrior (Lead the fights whenever they crop up)
-Hunter (Skilled fighter and strategist, either works toward their own personal goals or for a paycheck)
-Guardian (Often assigned to keep a certain area or person safe)
-Seer (Keeps an eye on the opposition through various means)
-Inactive (Tries to to keep themselves safe and out of conflict)

Demons;
Allegiance - To Demonkind, allegiance is everything, everyone has their own agenda, but will often serve a higher purpose
-Themselves (Will work towards their own goals, using anyone or anything that they can to do so)
-Hierarchy (Pledges themselves to higher ups and serves them no matter what)
-Fluctuation (Serves either their own purposes or those they work for, but can be bought off or summoned to serve other means)
Corruption - A Demon's main trait, trying to sway those in their way to help their causes
-Null (Will not corrupt others morality)
-Sexually (Whether by force or with consent, will often use sexual methods of corrupting someone)
-Shoulder (The demon on your shoulder, will often try to convince someone an act of evil or wrongdoing is for the best)
-Presence (Their mere presence in someone's life causes them to question pretty much everything)

The Good and the Bad-

Coming Soon

The 'Player'-

Coming Soon

Events-

Coming Soon

TheHangedOne

Gonna keep my eye on this, see how it develops, and if I have the time for another game. Probably an Infected.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

JinZah

I read, The Dresden Files, and Lovecraft, dig all the classic WoD games, and think The Secret World is the only MMO on the market worth playing at the moment, so how can i not be interested in this game?

Ironwolf85

Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Kadigan

This could be rather interesting, playing a human mutated or imbued with some sort of supernatural ability...I'd be interested.

Tigataga

Glad to see people have an interest in this :) I'll try and have information about the characters and how they're set up by tomorrow, along with some information about the 'player', which I'm sure will be a good draw for this >3

Tigataga

Vill

I think I might be interested in playing a Shadow Demon with a fluctuating allegiance and the shoulder method of corruption.

The game looks pretty interesting, I'll be keeping an eye on it for sure.

TheHangedOne

Middle Road Fae Guardian seems interesting to me. Just gotta wait and see if I can find someone to protect.  :-)

Edit: Or a Moderate Infected Game Change. That might be interesting, too.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Kadigan

Not sure what I'd be after..maybe looking to tie into someone else's char in some way..perhaps someone experimented on to make some manner of half breed of something or turned into an assassin of some kind..sort of evilish..I like evilish..if someone wants to message me to bounce ideas.

JinZah

So far i'm thinking middle of the road witch (what would be the masculine form of witch, wizard, or warlock?) though i'm not sure what job would best fit.

The character concept i've been cooking up is someone who worked with a secret order that uses magic to tracks down gates, and either shuts them, or disrupts them so that they're extremely dangerous for those on the other side to use. Failing that, isolation, containment, and observation of those gates that prove to large, or powerful  to be closed.

Ironwolf85

had the idea for an incubus character who's of the opinion "demons suck, that's why I got out..." and more mischievous & friendly than evil.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Tigataga

Sorry for those who have expressed interest, some stuff's gotten in the way and can't focus on a group RP with this much attention needed. So, on hold. =/