You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 10, 2016, 03:03:02 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Something going on with the PM server?  (Read 350 times)

Offline Lord MayerlingTopic starter

Something going on with the PM server?
« on: January 25, 2014, 05:51:06 AM »
Is anyone else having long load times for PMs?

Mine are taking forever to load, but open threads are loading just fine for me. It doesn't seem to matter the length or content of the PM string, either.

Edit: It's going on with open threads now, too. Only on E, though.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 05:58:45 AM by Lord Mayerling »

Offline Wajin

Re: Something going on with the PM server?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 07:00:43 AM »
Everything is running smoothly for me

Offline LeSane

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 11:13:51 AM »
There was an issue with senting replies for myself though I dont know if that was just a singular issues or with more than just myself.

Online Vekseid

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 06:40:40 PM »
Is anyone else having long load times for PMs?

Mine are taking forever to load, but open threads are loading just fine for me. It doesn't seem to matter the length or content of the PM string, either.

Edit: It's going on with open threads now, too. Only on E, though.

How long did this persist for?

Offline Lord MayerlingTopic starter

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 08:01:09 PM »
About an hour or two on the morning of the 25th (EST) near the time of my original post. It happened again in the afternoon for an hour or two that same day, but it has been fine again since then. Since I was the only one with a problem it seems, and it was only on E, I thought Chrome may have been having a spat with a site.

Offline Mossberg

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 04:00:06 PM »
I've been having the same issue for a while now. Whenever the browser goes to load my inbox it takes a while, like a good minute or two. I'm currently using the Chrome browser, though I haven't tried any other ones. Even tried clearing the history, cache, etc. and it's still doing it. Other sites aren't giving me any problems loading and on here it only seems to be my pm inbox that is affected.

Online Vekseid

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2014, 04:48:16 PM »
If it happens in a thread, cold you give me a link to the thread and a timestamp of when it happens?

Online Vekseid

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2014, 05:13:41 PM »
Reason I'm asking is because the server has been screaming since we moved - the only thing I can think of is if someone hotlinked an image that is now broken and for some stupid reason Chrome is delaying page loads over it.

Offline Mossberg

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2014, 05:20:29 PM »
It doesn't matter what thread or anything that I'm viewing, when I go to my inbox it happens. The boards, threads and main screen load just fine for me.