You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

December 03, 2016, 11:56:09 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Hark!  The Herald!
Holiday Issue 2016

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: Maximum Threads for a Big Game?  (Read 253 times)

Online TheGlyphstoneTopic starter

Maximum Threads for a Big Game?
« on: January 23, 2014, 04:40:49 PM »
Is there a hard-coded limit on the number of threads you can have in a Big Game subforum? The game I'm currently co-GMing is about to undergo a big shift, involving a lot of cleanup, and I'd like to know if existing threads can simply be locked and archived or if I might need to delete some of the least-used ones to provide space for new threads.

Online Blythe

Re: Maximum Threads for a Big Game?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 04:43:30 PM »
While small groups have a limit of a number of threads equal to twice the participants, I don't believe I know of any limits to the amount of threads the big games can have in their own subforums. I don't believe there is a limit, although I could be wrong.

Offline jouzinka

• Elf Guardian of the Blind Unbowed,Unbent,Unbroken. Law, Hr nn, dollen i Rw
  • Lady
  • Addict
  • The E mantra: Sip, swallow, scroll, sip, swallow..
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 04:50:00 PM »
Given E's anti-deletion policy, I don't think there would be a rule that would require a deletion of entire threads.

Online TheGlyphstoneTopic starter

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 04:53:58 PM »
Given E's anti-deletion policy, I don't think there would be a rule that would require a deletion of entire threads.

That seems like a logical deduction, but I'm not really worried about a Elliquiy formal policy (like the Small Groups threads rule) so much as a hard-coded technical limitation that could leave me stuck between a rock of having no new threads and a hard place of getting an exemption to the deletion policies.

Offline Caeli

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 05:18:04 PM »
I do not believe there is a hard-coded limitation (for example, look at how many threads are in the Finders & Seekers subforum, Birthdays & Anniversaries, etc.), but Vekseid might be the better one to ask about this.

Offline Jagerin

• They/Them Pronouns || Alpha Raptor || Fandom Monarch || Estrous Twinkle Particle || Kho's Murdoc || Nic's Scully
  • Champion
  • Carnite
  • Black roses and Hail Mary's can't bring you back.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 20
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 05:30:03 PM »
Small games have a limit. Big games with their own subforum do not. If a thread is no longer in use, have it locked and just let it fall away to the bottom of the list.