new here

Started by suprise1, January 19, 2014, 08:25:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suprise1

question - when you were new to this site, how did you get acclimated to everything?

Oniya

A little bit at a time.  There are a number of helpful posts in the Tutorials section, and of course the stickies in each area are extremely useful.  Also, we have a very helpful set of staff and mentors around the boards who are happy to answer questions.  ;D
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

MasterMischief

I had been on a few forums before I made my way to Elliquiy.  So I jumped in with both feet and just started posting in any thread that grabbed my attention at the time.  It is not something I would recommend to everyone.  I have had good luck with trial and error as a learning method but it can lead to epic failures and much embarrassment.

You could always just read any of the threads that interest you until you get a feel for them.  I have found most members to be very friendly.  If something catches your eye, you could always send them a private message and ask them about it.  You may even make some new friends in the process.